******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW, this part of the offer is actually NOT TRUE:

"when booking a non-discounted 5-night/6-day room and Magic Your Way ticket package"

I booked four nights and only bought three-day passes and was able to get FD...

Does anyone else feel like the room prices are inflated on the FD plan? I priced my package out several times and I just can't figure out why there's an extra almost $400 in there. I even included tax, still $400 more. The site won't let you break down the package to see how much the room costs.
When you were pricing out things, you may have been looking at the price with the room discount included (it's automatically added on).

Am I understanding correctly that you're saying its possible to get a 2-day PH ticket and then add on extra days that are not Hopper days? And this costs less than the $75 to make the entire ticket PH? Or maybe I totally misread that, if so sorry!

Hopper is one cost good for your entire stay unless that has changed from years past. 2 days 7 days--same cost. Someone correct me?

I haven't scrolled through to the end, so if already answered, forgive me.

Cost of 2-day PH is $275.84

Cost of a 3-day PH is $371.69, but cost of a 3-day BASE is only $307.79.

So if someone really didn't want the PH, they can purchase the 2-day PH minimum and then upgrade to X-day BASE ticket once they get there. As long as the number of days is 3 or greater, it will be a savings.

However, the upgrade can't be done until you get there, so you'll only be able to do FP+ for two of your vacation days until you get your upgraded ticket.

Just curious....were you up at 5:30 eastern time to try and change it? This is what we want to do next year, but Pop went fast...so wanted to see if you were among the early risers?

Pop is usually the first value to go - but there's a good chance stuff will open as people are cancelling/changing things.

I got a new reservation at pop with no trouble at 6am this morning

:)

BTW, this part of the offer is actually NOT TRUE:

"when booking a non-discounted 5-night/6-day room and Magic Your Way ticket package"

I booked four nights and only bought three-day passes and was able to get FD...
Disney REALLY wants people to stay for 5 nights and 6 days. You can stay longer (up to 14 days) or shorter than that.

Booked FD at Pop for August 13 and December 15. Now just have to decide if I would rather sweat my a$$ off or deal with Christmas crowds!
Go in December -- MK opens 2 hours early each day leading up to Christmas (at 7am) and the crowds are LOW until about lunchtime! We did 12/17-22 last year and it was great. Much better than sweating!

Just curious what rooms people were able to get at POR (and pricing if possible). We had a Garden View already booked but I wasn't able to get FD when I tried to modify. Trying to decide if it's worth continuing to chase FD or to just go with a package from a TA. Thanks!
I had a garden room booked and I was lucky enough to be able to modify it to include free dining. Keep calling, don't give up!

Ok...so I have a question. We are not new to Disney but new to the Dining Plan. We have always stayed at OKW 1B Villa and loved it but have decided on POFQ with the Quick Service Dining Option. When looking at menus at various places, there are different categories of kids meals. Do the get to choose from any of them or only a certain one(s)?
I'd deal with the heat myself. The crowds at Christmas time are terrible. Magic Kingdom at capacity by 10-11 AM.

Go in December -- MK opens 2 hours early each day leading up to Christmas (at 7am) and the crowds are LOW until about lunchtime! We did 12/17-22 last year and it was great. Much better than sweating!
I vote for december too. You couldn't pay me to do Disney in the heat. Plus, the decorations are beautiful and the atmosphere is great. You can (we always do) take a whole non-park day and see the different resort's xmas decorations. We always go in late nov/early to mid december and it's always great. Maybe a little more crowded than the august dates, but it's worth it.

Does anyone else feel like the room prices are inflated on the FD plan? I priced my package out several times and I just can't figure out why there's an extra almost $400 in there. I even included tax, still $400 more. The site won't let you break down the package to see how much the room costs.
No the prices are not inflated, FYI you can verify room per night cost by simply looking for resort rooms in the normal inventory by not going thru the special offers

For those that were able to connect to someone live, what phone number did you use that's the "magical" one? All I'm getting is busy signals, "all circuits are busy" or "call cannot be completed at this time..." Help!

Well, after an hour on hold I got through. Was able to change my dates for CBR w/ GCs but still stuck in a pirate room. Hoping to keep checking and modifying online eventually.

I've been on hold on the phone for 30 minutes. They were playing music. Now it is silent. I'm worried I've been disconnected and will sit here forever on the phone. Has anyone else had their "on hold" music go away? o_O

Another post of encouragement.

I was unable to get FD for my CBR reservation with the gift cards. I tried for hours online and was in the phone queue for over 2 hours this morning - all to no avail. Needless to say, I went to work all kinds of sad this morning.

I tried to modify at least 50 times throughout the morning. After lunch my eyes were starting to cross from looking at a spreadsheet so I decided to check one more time. Lo and behold - there was the pixie dust I needed! I was able to book FD for CBR standard AND keep the gift card.

If you're still hunting, don't give up!! Just check obsessively and hope for some pixie dust!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter