Official 2010 College Football Discussion Thread

NC State is going to the Champs Sports Bowl, which is giving me an opportunity to make a quick trip down to Disney World. I already have the days off work, just not from coaching, but almost got that covered.

Will most likely be staying off site, since all the DVC rooms are booked and all the other rooms are way too expensive.

jon

Bring on Bowl Season. The match ups are awesome and good luck to everyone!
Love college football and WDW!!

http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/story?w=1a5bf&storyId=5899478&i=TOP&topslot=1

The guy hasn't seemed right since the last time he talked about this.

Gator Nation must be worried.

Wow, news travels fast.

I just heard this myself.

I'm sure there is a lot to this story.

I heard a rumor about this a while back- that when Meyer un-quit last year that he only agreed to stay for this year. And that they would groom O.C. Addazzio for the position. Well, that grooming didn't go so good this year. Gator Nation will not accept Addazzio as the head coach. This could get ugly.

But, it's still great to be a Florida Gator!

I hate to see Urban go. He is a great coach. He wasn't so great this year. But, he is still a great coach. That said, it obviously was time for a change. And I have faith that Florida is an attractive enough program to attract the best available coach out there.

I wonder if Gene Chizik would like to move closer to home? ;)

TCD

Fort Worth/Dallas breaking sports news on "1310 The Ticket": Urban Meyer just announced he is leaving his Florida coaching position to join his brother Oscar in the weiner business. :rotfl2:

Fort Worth/Dallas breaking sports news on "1310 The Ticket": Urban Meyer just announced he is leaving his Florida coaching position to join his brother Oscar in the weiner business. :rotfl2:

Oh boy, here it comes!

Everyone likes to kick you when you're down.

But I wonder what all the FSU fans with Urban Crier t-shirts are going to do now?

Wait- I just thought of something

I wonder if this is why the Wienermobile was in Gainesville for the last home game (I posted a some photos of it earlier on this thread).

TCD

Wow, news travels fast.

I just heard this myself.

I'm sure there is a lot to this story.

I heard a rumor about this a while back- that when Meyer un-quit last year that he only agreed to stay for this year. And that they would groom O.C. Addazzio for the position. Well, that grooming didn't go so good this year. Gator Nation will not accept Addazzio as the head coach. This could get ugly.

That is interesting. I was unaware of that information. It makes sense though. As a Nole, I think Addazzio would be a great choice as a replacement!

I wonder if Gene Chizik would like to move closer to home? ;)

I don't know about that, but I bet Stoops phone will be ringing!

Now I must get caught up on the great TR's going on since I have been only able to lurk here and there over the past several days.

How ironic is it that Urban's last game is against JoePa and Penn State in the Outback Bowl? I'd like to listen in on that pre-game meeting between the two coaches...

JoePa: So, I hear today's your last day coaching.
Meyer: Yep. A 25 year career is just too much stress for one man to take.
JoePa: 25 years!!! (chuckle...) That's not a career....that's an Internship!

Dude, seriously? Chizik?

If you want someone from THAT program, you want Gus Malzahn. He's the true mastermind that has been the driving force for Auburn's success ( I mean other than Newton ). Besides, he may be dying to jump ship on a high note since they won't have near the offensive production next year once Cam takes the money and runs.

Fat Chance.

Y'all are probably going to get Mullen and Tubberville is rumored on Twitter (via MSU) to go to MSU.

I know.

I was just trying to be funny.

Gene is a great fit at Auburn, and there is no reason for him to move.

I wouldn't hate Mullen, but he ought to stay where he is too.

How ironic is it that Urban's last game is against JoePa and Penn State in the Outback Bowl? I'd like to listen in on that pre-game meeting between the two coaches...

JoePa: So, I hear today's your last day coaching.
Meyer: Yep. A 25 year career is just too much stress for one man to take.
JoePa: 25 years!!! (chuckle...) That's not a career....that's an Internship!

True.

Urban and Joe are going to be in Tampa today to promote the Outback Bowl.

I heard on the radio today that if Joe had retired at Urban's age, it would have been in 1972!

Urban is still a young man. I think he will take a few years to spend with his family, and then I would expect to see him on a sideline somewhere.

Dude, seriously? Chizik?

If you want someone from THAT program, you want Gus Malzahn. He's the true mastermind that has been the driving force for Auburn's success ( I mean other than Newton ). Besides, he may be dying to jump ship on a high note since they won't have near the offensive production next year once Cam takes the money and runs.

No, not seriously.

Just joking around.

But, I did hear Chizik's name mentioned by one of the local sports jocks. Chizik grew up in Clearwater (the next city south of mine), and he has family here. I also heard Spurrier's name mentioned, and someone said that they saw Florida AD Foley deep in conversation with the Old Ball Coach after the UF/SC game.

I also heard Malzahn's name mentioned, but the conventional wisdom around Gator Nation seems to be that Florida is not going to hire someone who has not been a head coach somewhere. They made that mistake with the Zooker, and I don't think they want a repeat of that. They will be looking for a proven head coach. There are a lot out there. They stole Urban from Utah. I am hearing Boise's and Stanford's coaches are in the crosshairs.

I know Florida will hire quality coach, so no worries for me.

TCD

Florida has the pull and the funding to get who and what they want in a coach. Y'all really don't need to be worrying at all.

If you believe Pat Forde, the Florida job is one of the two best in the profession (Texas being the other). I'm not a big Pat Forde fan, but you have to agree this is a marquee position, and Foley has typically been able to hire and keep top notch coaches with Florida athletics, albeit with a bit of drama from time to time....think not only Meyer but the Billy drama a couple of years back. Anyways, I do believe Foley will get the right guy in there, and within 2 years they'll be back in the hunt for another SEC title.

Now go beat Penn State!

I also heard Spurrier's name mentioned, and someone said that they saw Florida AD Foley deep in conversation with the Old Ball Coach after the UF/SC game.

:scared1:

HUSH YO MOUTH !

:faint:

In all seriousness, I'd be lying if I said that thought hadn't already crossed my mind. Hopefully Steve is a better man than to cut out on us just when things are starting to go his way.

:scared1:

HUSH YO MOUTH !

:faint:

In all seriousness, I'd be lying if I said that thought hadn't already crossed my mind. Hopefully Steve is a better man than to cut out on us just when things are starting to go his way.

I don't see it happening. It wouldn't be good for SC. I wouldn't be good for SOS. And, ultimately, it probably wouldn't be good for UF. I like SOS, but he's 65 years old. He ought to finish out at SC- you have a lot of good players coming back next year, and SC should be in the hunt for again for the SEC Championship.

On to another topic . . .

They will be awarding the Heisman Trophy tomorrow. It's gonna be Cam, right?

Does anyone see it going to anyone else?

TCD

There will actually be a Tiger Walk for Cam in New York today as he goes to the Heisman ceremony.

http://www.thewareaglereader.com/20...lyn-nyc-auburn-club-hosts-heisman-tiger-walk/

His father will not be there, but his mom will be and all four seniors on the offensive line. If he wins, he plans to accept the trophy with them, as they made it possible for him to do what he does. The offensive lineman are: Mike Berry, Lee Ziemba, Ryan Pugh and Bryon Isom.

I still say it should have been Nebraska vs. Boise St. for the BCS title. We got robbed. It's all a conspiracy. We should protest. Everyone knows it was all rigged. Oh wait, we played like crap when it really counted, didn't we? Wadda ya mean we need an offense to win the big ones. Who says?

At least TCU did well this year. One of my teams made the top 5, as opposed to the top 50.

Well, Cam didn't get to have his lineman up on stage, although there were a ton of people up there...geez.

Congratulations to Cam on a trophy well deserved. I really don't give a darn what controversy ensued, the honor was earned on the field fair and square and no one can take that away from him. War Damn Eagle!

It's Duck Season Now....

Oh, and congratulations to Will Muschamp, Florida's new coach. I am glad they got an SEC boy to coach 'em up at Florida. Muschamp coached at Auburn and played at Georgia. Best of luck to the reptiles and I can't wait to play them again next year! It never is a dull moment with the two teams, no matter who is ranked where.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter