Official 2010 College Football Discussion Thread

Congrats to Arkansas. So glad we weren't at the game in LR. Had decided early in the season not to go because of planned trip to WDW in Dec. Will also be watching SEC championship game and now pulling for Auburn to win and make it to the National Champ. game. Good luck.
Love college football and WDW!!

au2.jpg

Thanks Mike -
Hey it was a GREAT game to watch! That is always a tight one every year, though, isn't it?
Go Hogs!! :cheer2::cheer2:

go cocks!!!!!!
Just want to say y'all played a good game beating us. Good luck this Sat.
I don't know why Parker was kept in for so long. I agree he hasn't been the same since the Auburn game. Can't blame him with baseball $ out there. I really don't understand why he came back to play. I think someone was chirping in his ear saying great things about his football prowess.

Heard from my friends that travelled to Auburn earlier in the year that y'all were gracious hosts. Hopefully that will continue this Saturday and everyone will enjoy the good-hearted competition. Both teams have improved throughout the season, should be a good game. Prediction - 31-29 Us ;)

Oh boy, the Gamecocks and Tigers are showing up for Saturday's game!

Good luck to both teams.

As much as I would like to see SC win its first SEC championship, I have to pull for Auburn in this game. I want to see an SEC team play in the national championship.

I have some reports to catch up on.

First, here are my photos from Florida's last home game of the season on November 20.

Appalachian State came in to Gainesville.

There were plenty of fans at Gator Walk.

And my good friend Smokey was there to keep order:

ASUUF112010004.jpg

Urban knows that Gator Nation is not happy with him, so he kind of hid behind the players as he walked by. But, I saw him (he's right there on the far right of this photo):

ASUUF112010005.jpg

Here's John Brantley:

ASUUF112010006.jpg

And here's Chris Rainey:

ASUUF112010007.jpg

If you know anything about Florida football, you would know that Rainey had some trouble with the law early in the season, and did not play for a few games. He seems like a nice enough kid, though, and even said; "Wasss Up" to my DD.

I have yet to get a good photo of my DD's with Albert and Alberta:

ASUUF112010008.jpg

I have noticed that a lot of teams do not travel with their bands any more. But App. State did. Here they are marching in to BHG stadium before the game:

ASUUF112010009.jpg

ASUUF112010010.jpg

One of the pre-game highlights on this trip was that we got to see the Oscar Meyer Wiener Mobile!:

ASUUF112010011.jpg

ASUUF112010012.jpg

ASUUF112010013.jpg

ASUUF112010014.jpg

ASUUF112010015.jpg

The UF band:

ASUUF112010016.jpg

Attendance was very light for this game. A sure sign of discontent in the Gator Nation. There were a few App. State fans on the alumni side:

ASUUF112010017.jpg

In addition to seeing the Wienermobile, DD got an official Wiener whistle:

ASUUF112010001.jpg

It brought good luck to the Gators:

ASUUF112010002.jpg

ASUUF112010003.jpg

You can see the rest of the App. State fans there in the corner of the endzone. They showed up pretty well for the game.

The game was uneventful.

Which is a good thing for this season.

The offense put together some good drives. And, the defense played well.

It looked like the team was making progress.

But, we found out the next week that it was just an illusion.

It was still a great Saturday!

TCD

Oh boy, the Gamecocks and Tigers are showing up for Saturday's game!

Good luck to both teams.

As much as I would like to see SC win its first SEC championship, I have to pull for Auburn in this game. I want to see an SEC team play in the national championship.

Why? Just so they can have it revoked after the investigation into Cam is over? :confused3

:rolleyes1

Why? Just so they can have it revoked after the investigation into Cam is over? :confused3

:rolleyes1

That remains to be seen.

In the meantime, I do not want to see Oregon v. TCU playing for the National Championship.

The SEC is the best conference in college football, and an SEC team should be playing in the National Championship. Unfortunately for SC, they have too many losses to go to the big dance.

I have nothing against SC. In fact, I would love to see an SEC East take the SEC Championship. But, that would mean no SEC team in the National Championship game.

So, War Damn Eagle.

TCD

After getting back from Gainesville on Saturday night, we packed the camper and headed to the Fort on Sunday, November 21. We stayed at the Fort until Friday the 26th, and then headed home to get ready for an early drive to Tally on Saturday morning, the 27th. There will be a trip report relating to the Fort part of this week coming soon on the main board.

But here are the pics from Saturday the 27th.

It's a big day in Florida.

The annual rivalry game between UF and FSU.

Both teams have had some rough spots this season.

FSU has lost the last six meetings.

Will this be FSU's year?

It would mean a lot to them to win.

It would mean a lot to the Gators to lose.

It was a great day.

The whole TCD gang turned out for this one.

Here we are at our tailgate right outside Doak Campbell Stadium:

100_0990.jpg

100_1014.jpg

Those two inflatables stood out back of the TCD site at Fort Wilderness all week. Now they are in Tallahassee.

In case you haven't heard, the TCD gang is a house divided.

Even the TCD twins are divided:

100_1009.jpg

I have mentioned before that Mrs. TCD could give Martha Stewart a run for her money. Here is the centerpiece of the TCD tailgate table:

100_1016.jpg

A film crew came around to shoot some scenes for the telecast:

100_1024.jpg

100_1027.jpg

100_1029.jpg

That's one of the TCD twins right there in front of the camera with the Gator head on.

I am pleased to report that DD was shown on national television doing the Gator chomp. They played this footage right at the beginning of the second half.

Here are the TCD DD's at the start of the game (plus oldest DD's friend who is a boy):

100_1040.jpg

One of the great traditions at the UF/FSU game is that both bands come out on the field before the game and play the National Anthem. I really like that:

100_1045.jpg

There's Chief Osceola!:

100_1048.jpg

The Noles were pumped for this game. Here is the crowd doing the chop:

100_1052.jpg

Chief Osceola came off his horse for the spear plant. At last year's last home game, they let retiring defensive coordinator, Mickey Andrews, plant the spear. But, as far as I know, Chief Osceola did it:

100_1057.jpg

100_1058.jpg

It was right about here that they announced that Florida Governor-elect, Rick Scott was here to help with the coin toss. The crowd booed him. Got to love the State of Florida!

My Gator DD was all smiles before things quickly went south:

100_1064.jpg

Somehow, these two geniuses smuggled in some Vuvuzelas and used them liberally throughout the game:

100_1066.jpg

I didn't like that so much.

But, it was pretty damned funny.

There is not much that I can say about this game other than that the Noles imposed a very thorough and complete butt whipping upon the Gators.

The Gators scored a touchdown on their first possession, but did not come close to scoring again.

Fortunately, the fourth quarter went quickly, and the game was over:

100_1081.jpg

100_1083.jpg

100_1086.jpg

Some of the TCD DD's were happy:

100_1090.jpg

Most of the Gator fans were long gone before the end of the game.

But we lingered.

The oldest TCD DD, who is currently a sophomore at FSU, and who has been an FSU fan her whole life, was ecstatic! And, I was happy for her. She got to see her team beat their rivals while she was a student. No FSU student has had that experience for the past six years.

During the game, they never announced what was happening in the Maryland/NC State game. I guess they didn't want the distraction. But, as the game ended, they played some live coverage of that game on the scoreboard. Maryland was up on NC State, and if Maryland won, FSU would get to go to the ACC Championship. Well, Maryland won. And FSU fans had a lot to celebrate!

Meanwhile, the Gators will just sit around and wait to hear what lower level bowl game they will play in this year.

It was a disappointing season for the Gators.

But wait till next year.

It's hard to believe that the regular college football season will end this weekend.

Where does the time go?

TCD

NCAA has declared that Cam Newton did nothing wrong is eligible and has been eligible all season.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter