October crew checking in

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're booked into BW for 9 days starting Oct 18. If F&W gets cancelled we've got a heavy decision to make, that's the reason for going.

Bill From PA

Where is everybody with their changes and updates?

We're booked at All-Star Movies for Oct 26-30.

So far, all dining and experiences have finally been removed.

Our DDP was removed on the 5th and refund came in about the same day. I requested an itemized email, but all i got was the final total. I'm not really sure what was changed.

We're currently booked for Oct 4-10 on rented points. If it were a hotel reservation we'd have cancelled by now (we're in the cautious of covid mindset) but since my money is gone on that either way, I'm giving it a little longer. I'm a little upset we can't just get a refund for our park tickets but we'll have to just let them keep our money until we go back (TBD, wasn't going again till 2022). Alaska will also let us cancel our flights and bank it as credit to be used by Oct 2021.

Last edited:
We do still have a whole post as listed above. I haven’t seen many updates. We’re such a quiet group. I think we are just all watching.
I’m still planning to go unless we have to quarantine or my reservation is canceled.
I don’t think October crew really knows because second wave could start anytime in the fall.

We are scheduled to go October 30. With parades, dining reservations, character dining, fireworks, and character meets cancelled we are cancelling. It was to be the 4 year old's first trip. I've been planning it since September and it breaks my heart to cancel our first family vacation since DD got married over twelve years ago but I really wanted a magical trip for the grandkids. I'd like to go next spring but I don't think that will happen either. Perhaps fall 2021 but that seems so far away - who knows what can happen in that time. Sad that we won't have the family vacation I've been looking forward to for so long.

Oct 10-17 @ FW. Still waiting to see what restrictions will be in place before deciding on keeping or cancelling. I am ok with the mask. But if hours stay short, no fireworks or parades we will more than likely cancel.

We do still have a whole post as listed above. I haven’t seen many updates. We’re such a quiet group. I think we are just all watching.
I’m still planning to go unless we have to quarantine or my reservation is canceled.
I don’t think October crew really knows because second wave could start anytime in the fall.

There might be an October post already, but it's in the "Happy Dance" sub. I'm not sure we're celebrating so much as speculating.

We have a trip scheduled for October 24th-November 3rd, staying at Copper Creek @ Wilderness Lodge. This will be the first trip for my two youngest daughters (4 and 6 at time of travel). If parades, fireworks, and character meets are not back, we will reschedule for 2021. I'm still hoping at this point since a lot can change in the next 4 and 1/2 months. I will be very sad for a while though if I have to reschedule. I've been putting together this trip for years now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter