October 21, 2017 7-Night Canadian Coast from NYC

Since a thread hadn't been started, I figured I would give it a try for the first time. If anyone wants to do a FE group, feel free to do so.

My husband, father-in-law, and (then) 10-month-old son, and I will be on this cruise. We're really excited--it's our first Disney cruise. We're interested in learning more about the FE. Does anyone know if a group or thread has been started?

My husband, father-in-law, and (then) 10-month-old son, and I will be on this cruise. We're really excited--it's our first Disney cruise. We're interested in learning more about the FE. Does anyone know if a group or thread has been started?

There have been FE groups started on *cough cough* another site *cough cough* that I am not allowed to mention here. Think popular social networking site. If you search for our cruise name you will find a group.

I highly recommend doing a FE group. Its lots of fun & just adds more magic to the cruise.

There have been FE groups started on *cough cough* another site *cough cough* that I am not allowed to mention here. Think popular social networking site. If you search for our cruise name you will find a group.

I highly recommend doing a FE group. Its lots of fun & just adds more magic to the cruise.

I agree that a FE group is fun and adds excitement to the cruise. Is it really true that we're not allowed to mention social networking here? I know that it's inappropriate to (1) drive people to commercial sites (Disboards is run by a company; it's not fair to use their site to drive business elsewhere) and I know that it's inappropriate to get on the forums and say 'Hey everyone, come on over to my page/group etc at NAMEOFPOPULARSOCIALMEDIASITEHERE but really? We can't even say that there is such a thing? Whatevs...

I'm familiar with two such cough cough and I know that there are already FE groups started there. On my last cruise, I participated in two FE groups, one which was organized here on Disboard and one cough cough cough.

A few years ago my DH and I went on one of the Halloween cruises and we absolutely loved it. I'll attach a few photo's so you can get an idea of what Disney does. In the Atrium there was a haunted tree and it was plain at the start of the cruise and each morning something new showed up on the tree. It was so fun going to find out what the surprise was for the day. Not sure if they will do the same thing this cruise as there is a lot of activities going on. I'm interested in seeing what they do for Marvel, although I'm not really a fan. I've been on a cruise with a Pixar day and it was soooo boring. I'm glad the Pirates deck party is happening, we really enjoyed those in the past. On the Norway cruise we had a Frozen deck party and it was good, just not as good as the Pirate one. Mainly due to there being no food or ice sculptures.

disney 1.jpg disney 2.jpg disney 3.jpg disney 4.jpg

Hi, all!

Paid my final payment so thought it was time to join in the conversation about our upcoming adventure! DH and I have been on two previous cruises (WB Panama Canal and SD to Vancouver). This is our first time as just the two of us, so will definitely be a different experience. Looking forward to new places, new friends, new activities. See you all soon—we sail in 13 weeks!

Hello!

My Husband and I will be attending this cruise! It will be our honeymoon :).We are very excited! We are Canadian and cannot wait to explore the East Coast of Canada. This is our second time sailing. We sailed to the Bahamas (Wonder) in 2011 with family. This will be our first cruise and vacation just the two of us.

Greetings! I will be cruising with my best friend on this cruise. We booked awhile ago but was focused on the Iceland/Norway cruise I took with my DH & DD a few weeks ago. I did find the FB group for this cruise and requested to join. Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Checked in.Got a very good PAT especially since our flight gets into JFK at 8:40am (yikes). Sad that we could not get Palo Brunch (we did get dinner for the night we wanted so I can;t complain too much). Had a feeling that would be the case with so many Platinum and Gold members on this sailing. Fingers crossed as I keep checking maybe we will get a reservation or maybe we can get on the wait list and get lucky. DH and I are soooo glad this will be our last cruise as Silver.

I hope you have all had luck getting what you wanted when you checked in.

Checked in.Got a very good PAT especially since our flight gets into JFK at 8:40am (yikes). Sad that we could not get Palo Brunch (we did get dinner for the night we wanted so I can;t complain too much). Had a feeling that would be the case with so many Platinum and Gold members on this sailing. Fingers crossed as I keep checking maybe we will get a reservation or maybe we can get on the wait list and get lucky. DH and I are soooo glad this will be our last cruise as Silver.

I hope you have all had luck getting what you wanted when you checked in.

I can almost guarantee you that you can get one once you get on the ship. We have never not been able to get one.

I can almost guarantee you that you can get one once you get on the ship. We have never not been able to get one.

The only time we haven't been able to get brunch on the wait list was our last cruise but there was only 1 sea day. It was 5 strait days of ports (super fun but exhausting). With 3 sea days we are hoping for a different outcome. And... if not I will pine for Palo Bunch until our next sailing. ;)

The only time we haven't been able to get brunch on the wait list was our last cruise but there was only 1 sea day. It was 5 strait days of ports (super fun but exhausting). With 3 sea days we are hoping for a different outcome. And... if not I will pine for Palo Bunch until our next sailing. ;)

Even if the waitlist does not come through, you should be able to go to get one once you get on the ship. They have an area set up to go and make dining changes and requests. Palo's is there. Good luck!

Even if the waitlist does not come through, you should be able to go to get one once you get on the ship. They have an area set up to go and make dining changes and requests. Palo's is there. Good luck!

The wait list on the ship is what I referring to. Is there another pre-boarding wait list you know about?

The wait list on the ship is what I referring to. Is there another pre-boarding wait list you know about?

Oh no, I am sorry. I know they have waitlists for some things so thought you were referring to one before the cruise. We typically never book before getting on the ship.

Oh no, I am sorry. I know they have waitlists for some things so thought you were referring to one before the cruise. We typically never book before getting on the ship.

Shoot! I thought you had some inside information I wasnt aware of. lol

So I just booked our excursions and all last night. Unfortunately, for one of the excursions, my husband and I got on but my father-in-law did not. What can anyone tell me about the waiting list process for excursions?

So I just booked our excursions and all last night. Unfortunately, for one of the excursions, my husband and I got on but my father-in-law did not. What can anyone tell me about the waiting list process for excursions?

People have until 3 days prior to departure to cancel excursions so you can always keep keep checking online. If you are not able to get it before we sail then head to the Port Adventures Desk when you board the ship. They can tell you if there is a wait list for your excursion.

Hi there! Happy to see this group! I'm not seeing that a fish extender group has been formed am I correct? Or just missing it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter