October 21, 2017 7-Night Canadian Coast from NYC

Will be following this thread. So excited, our first Disney Cruise! Daughter is a former CM so seasoned veterans of WDW but feeling like a deer in the headlights as far as planning for this trip. At this point for a trip to Orlando my spreadsheet/itinerary would be finalized down to the hour.
You will love it!

Last edited:
Ok after reading all the posts I'm not seeing a Fish Extender group here so I'd be happy to be the group leader! Who wants to join the group? Here's a little explanation.

What exactly is a Fish Extender?

A Fish Extender can be anything. As simple as a plastic grocery bag...ok, maybe not THAT simple....or elaborate as some of the ones in this article. They can be homemade or purchased online.

What goes in a Fish Extender?

The short answer is anything. Gifts can be as small or as large as you like, just have fun with it. Gifts can be centered around a theme such as your hometown, Disney, pirates or the beach. Gifts can be homemade or purchased. Gifts can be given all at once, or can be spread out over the course of the cruise. In a future article, I'll share some simple, and not so simple, Fish Extender gift ideas that we've given and received on our Disney cruises.

What goes in a Fish Extender?

The short answer is anything. Gifts can be as small or as large as you like, just have fun with it. Gifts can be centered around a theme such as your hometown, Disney, pirates or the beach. Gifts can be homemade or purchased. Gifts can be given all at once, or can be spread out over the course of the cruise. In a future article, I'll share some simple, and not so simple, Fish Extender gift ideas that we've given and received on our Disney cruises.

Why should you participate?

The kids love coming back to their stateroom and seeing what's waiting for them, but my favorite part is going from stateroom to stateroom, checking out what everyone's Fish Extender looks like and sharing just a little bit of Disney magic. I encourage you to join in the fun on your next Disney Cruise Line vacation. Fish Extenders are a great way to create some family time, both making the the gifts before the cruise and sharing in the fun during the cruise. There's always room in the suitcase for our Fish Extender!

Let me know if you want to participate and we will pick a name for the group very soon!!

My husband, father-in-law, and (then) 10-month-old son, and I will be on this cruise. We're really excited--it's our first Disney cruise. We're interested in learning more about the FE. Does anyone know if a group or thread has been started?
I just put up an explanation for the Fish Extenders! Would love you to join the group!

Hello!

My Husband and I will be attending this cruise! It will be our honeymoon :).We are very excited! We are Canadian and cannot wait to explore the East Coast of Canada. This is our second time sailing. We sailed to the Bahamas (Wonder) in 2011 with family. This will be our first cruise and vacation just the two of us.
Congratulations!!!
I agree that a FE group is fun and adds excitement to the cruise. Is it really true that we're not allowed to mention social networking here? I know that it's inappropriate to (1) drive people to commercial sites (Disboards is run by a company; it's not fair to use their site to drive business elsewhere) and I know that it's inappropriate to get on the forums and say 'Hey everyone, come on over to my page/group etc at NAMEOFPOPULARSOCIALMEDIASITEHERE but really? We can't even say that there is such a thing? Whatevs...

I'm familiar with two such cough cough and I know that there are already FE groups started there. On my last cruise, I participated in two FE groups, one which was organized here on Disboard and one cough cough cough.
i just started a Fish Extender group on this forum if you are interested!

Never been on a cruise before, let alone a Disney cruise! I'm wondering if now is too late to book for this cruise given that everyone has been able to book reservations for a week now (75 days out). Specifically we are looking for some Port Adventures, character meets, and a dinner at Palo. We just got availability in our work schedules for October and would love to try this itinerary as our first cruise, but want to make sure we can experience everything it has to offer. Thanks!

Never been on a cruise before, let alone a Disney cruise! I'm wondering if now is too late to book for this cruise given that everyone has been able to book reservations for a week now (75 days out). Specifically we are looking for some Port Adventures, character meets, and a dinner at Palo. We just got availability in our work schedules for October and would love to try this itinerary as our first cruise, but want to make sure we can experience everything it has to offer. Thanks!
I just booked my cruise (6) and there are still a lot of excursions that are available. It's never too laye to book I've always booked with only a few months notice and I've always gotten what I want! Dinner might be a bit harder to book but I've never been until this trip (no kids on this trip). Just look everyday and things open up. I hope this helps.

I'm with Tatgal818; just do it! I cannot guarantee that you will get everything you want, but I can just about guarantee that you'll have a great time.

Things to know: Palo has other meals besides dinner. They do brunch, and sometimes tea. They continue to book even on the ship; both the first day and also throughout. On our last cruise we got some good news in the morning which I wanted to celebrate. I visited Palo and yup, they got us in for dinner. In fact, until this October cruise, I have NEVER prebooked Palo. (I did this time because I will be Platinum and my Palo visit will be free!) Here're two Palo tips: the first is that many people do not want to go to Palo on the first night. The first night is the one where you meet your table mates and your server and there's no guarantee that your clothes will be delivered to your stateroom in time. Thus, the first night usually has more availability. (In fact, Disney recognizes this and on longer cruises has begun to allow a second dinner in Palo for those who book the first night. The second tip is that Pirate's night, although it has its adherents; that is, some people prefer to go to Palo for PN and time dinner to watch the fireworks, many other people do not want to miss PN, so you might find availability there.

I won't say that PA never sell out. They do. Usually, frankly, due to limitations on behalf of the subcontracting tour company. Last May's EBTA sold out of Stonehenge tours, notwithstanding the fact that something like 80% of the ship were booked on them. But for other tours you've got to remember that we don't all want to do the same thing. You might be dying to go on an Anne of Green Gables tour, but I have no interest. People have up to three days before sailing to cancel their PA without charge, so check during that time period to see what has opened up. Meanwhile, yes, people change plans all the time, switch PAs, cancel and decide to take it easy, cancel and decide to do private. Also, sadly, some people cancel the entire trip. So yeah, things open and change all the time. Also, the cruise line works with the subcontractor and they try to provide what people want. If more people book trip A than B, the subcontractor switches some of his "B" buses to the "A" trip. Another thing that happened to me was this: the website showed "sold out" but the truth was that the tour company didn't run that particular trip. Sometimes things depend upon Mother Nature and she doesn't cooperate.

I'm with Tatgal818; just do it! I cannot guarantee that you will get everything you want, but I can just about guarantee that you'll have a great time.

Things to know: Palo has other meals besides dinner. They do brunch, and sometimes tea. They continue to book even on the ship; both the first day and also throughout. On our last cruise we got some good news in the morning which I wanted to celebrate. I visited Palo and yup, they got us in for dinner. In fact, until this October cruise, I have NEVER prebooked Palo. (I did this time because I will be Platinum and my Palo visit will be free!) Here're two Palo tips: the first is that many people do not want to go to Palo on the first night. The first night is the one where you meet your table mates and your server and there's no guarantee that your clothes will be delivered to your stateroom in time. Thus, the first night usually has more availability. (In fact, Disney recognizes this and on longer cruises has begun to allow a second dinner in Palo for those who book the first night. The second tip is that Pirate's night, although it has its adherents; that is, some people prefer to go to Palo for PN and time dinner to watch the fireworks, many other people do not want to miss PN, so you might find availability there.

I won't say that PA never sell out. They do. Usually, frankly, due to limitations on behalf of the subcontracting tour company. Last May's EBTA sold out of Stonehenge tours, notwithstanding the fact that something like 80% of the ship were booked on them. But for other tours you've got to remember that we don't all want to do the same thing. You might be dying to go on an Anne of Green Gables tour, but I have no interest. People have up to three days before sailing to cancel their PA without charge, so check during that time period to see what has opened up. Meanwhile, yes, people change plans all the time, switch PAs, cancel and decide to take it easy, cancel and decide to do private. Also, sadly, some people cancel the entire trip. So yeah, things open and change all the time. Also, the cruise line works with the subcontractor and they try to provide what people want. If more people book trip A than B, the subcontractor switches some of his "B" buses to the "A" trip. Another thing that happened to me was this: the website showed "sold out" but the truth was that the tour company didn't run that particular trip. Sometimes things depend upon Mother Nature and she doesn't cooperate.

I appreciate any direction you can provide. The PE for Anne of Green Gables is sold out. Should I choose another one (not my preference)or wait to see if someone cancels.

I appreciate any direction you can provide. The PE for Anne of Green Gables is sold out. Should I choose another one (not my preference)or wait to see if someone cancels.
I currently have a tour confirmed thru a private company(Duncan Tours) and would love to have 2-3 people join us and share cost ultimate Anne of Green Gables

Hello fellow cruisers to Canada. My wife and I are looking for up to 4 other adults to join us on our Amazing Prince Edward Island Tour with Duncan’s Island Tours. It is a 7 hour tour ($490CA) which will cover the Confederation Bridge, lighthouses, red cliffs, sand dunes, national parks, North Rustico, a photo stop at the Green Gables House, PEI Preserve Company and much more. Check out the tour at (http://www.duncansislandtours.ca/4_PEI_experience.html).

If you are a 1st time cruiser, please do not fear doing a tour that is not part of Disney. We have cruised the Mediterranean, the Baltic’s as well as the Caribbean and Alaska and have always used a private tour company at each port. We have never been left waving goodbye :wave: to the ship. You simply see more for less. :thumbsup2 If we have a total of 6 people on this tour it will cost each person $82CA or approximately $67US plus tip. We will split the cost of $490CA with as many people that we have on the tour, up to 6. That would be less than $10 per hour per person!

Please send me a private message if you would like to join us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter