October 20th 2007 Western Magic Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello to my Arizona friends Scott( AKA Scott 1) and Carrie. Just wanted to send a shout out and say I had a great time hanging out with you all during our vacation. I'm going over to Mike's(Missy's DH) house tomorrow night for a few beers and have a look at their vacation photos. We wiill drink one for you.

Hey Scott

It is not nearly as fun around here without calling out Scott and having two of you respond. We miss hanging out with you all. Have a few beers for Scott. Tell Mike and Missy hi for us. Also let him know that Texas got home ok. They drove from the port to home. They said to tell him Hi.

Keep checking in on the thread. I should be posting pictures sometime in the next year.

you got room for 2 more on the couch tomorrow nite?
we want to see the pics.:woohoo:

So do we. How can we do this. There has to be a way. We miss everyone so much that we are trying to figure out how to throw a party out here and have everyone come out.

Either that or have a meet in Vegas.

i think our son has disowned me after hearing the story.:lmao:
wait till he sees the pic.:eek:

Join the club. I think my parents disowned me. I told them the story also. My mother just glared at me and said you are not the girl we raised and I have not heard from them since Sunday night. We were talking everyday on the phone before we left.

DSC02108.jpg

To the wine guy...

Karen: "Just pour the wine already!"

Neil: "What did you call me?":rotfl:

I love the captions. I can not stop laughing about Neil's

200 more photos to edit. Hopefully I can have them ordered by this weekend. And uploaded to photobucket. I am off to bed. I am using toothpicks to hold open my eyes just to work on the photos.

Anyone need a AAA 2007 Diamond Parking Voucher? The pass will get you into the "preferred" parking area of the parks on most dates through the end of the year.

If you know of anyone who is planning on parking in the lots and is traveling this year yet, please let me know. I'd gladly send it to them.

I'm on a sugar high from all this dang Halloween candy. Y'all might have to see all my pics tonight!:lmao:

c'mon Karen...I thought you got up at the butt crack of stupid...POST THOSE PICS. no pressure

Sorry - been busy posting on the trippie thread - (dreadful plug;) ) - theres loads on there - about to start day 5 - Planky photo alert:yay:

DSC02108.jpg

To the wine guy...

Karen: "Just pour the wine already!"

Neil: "What did you call me?":rotfl:

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: Brilliant!:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Our drink guy (Bowman) was not the best either. There were a number of nights that Scotts iced tea would sit empty and he would have to ask for a refill. My hot tea would not arrive until the appetizers were done. He would have the mug there but no hot water in it until later. He would do his magic tricks before seeing if anyone needed anything, which most of the time Scott needed a refil and so did I. We think he was a new guy. We over heard our server yelling at Bowman a few different times. The poor guy could not remember that Scott does not take lemon in his tea. But he remembered that Scott did not use straws and stopped putting them in his tea. He could not remember that I don't like pepper on my food but he asked me everynight anyways.

Overall our service in the sit down area's was not that great. Poor Scott got skipped for dessert everytime there was a show. Our Server (Alfonzo) we deliver everyones dessert except Scotts and then be called off to do the show. So while we all ate and watch the show Scott just sat there. Well after the show we would all be ready to go and He would just be getting his desserts.

Overall we were not that impressed with the food quality or pairing of items. I was more impressed then I thought I would be before going but not by much. I ordered off the kids menu a few nights just because I could play it safe that way. But when I did that Alfonzo seemed to be put out that I would do that. He was also put out when we kept ording Mickey Bars for the adults.

Over all. We tipped Alfonzo and Bowman the required, but my parents shorted Alfonzo and gave Bowman extra. Go figure.

What a shame - maybe we just struck lucky but both of our servers were brilliant and the food was always great - so much that we ordered two entrees most nights:rolleyes1 . - no I'm not telling you how much weigh I put on:rolleyes1

I'm finally caught up a bit at work. It was worth it though. I'm so ready to go again. We are on the waiting list for 2009. We might actually go in Sept though as my oldest turns 18 on the 23rd of September. What a birthday that would be huh?

I'm glad everyone is still here. Seems you have all been a part of my daily/weekly life and I hate to lose that.

Anyone have the post cruise blues?

What a shame - maybe we just struck lucky but both of our servers were brilliant and the food was always great - so much that we ordered two entrees most nights:rolleyes1 . - no I'm not telling you how much weigh I put on:rolleyes1

Our main server was fine, but our drink server wasn't the best. We did ask and it turned out it was her second cruise, so we cut her some slack. Our head waiter was good - he stopped by every night, and about midweek aksed how our service was. I mentioned our drink service was a *bit* slow, and she did improve by the end of the week.

Anyone have the post cruise blues?

ME! I've been pricing '08 cruises because I'm not sure I can wait until '09, but can't seem to get first dinner seating on any of them. Although, Thomas only ate with us 3 nights, so maybe it's not a huge deal.

Carrie, how did Mackenzie do with 2nd seating? Ok, or would you have preferred first?

I would like to put a big thank you out there to everyone who made CD's. Now that I am sitting here alone. I have the CD's in while I am editing pictures. I makes me feel like I am still with everyone. I am just waiting to see Mike and Robin walk around the corner. I think they were around every corner, we always saw them. It was a great thing knowing that no matter where you were, on the ship or off that you could see people that you knew.

Our main server was fine, but our drink server wasn't the best. We did ask and it turned out it was her second cruise, so we cut her some slack. Our head waiter was good - he stopped by every night, and about midweek aksed how our service was. I mentioned our drink service was a *bit* slow, and she did improve by the end of the week.

ME! I've been pricing '08 cruises because I'm not sure I can wait until '09, but can't seem to get first dinner seating on any of them. Although, Thomas only ate with us 3 nights, so maybe it's not a huge deal.

Carrie, how did Mackenzie do with 2nd seating? Ok, or would you have preferred first?

Our head server came by on Macs birthday to say happy birthday. Then he came by on pirate night. Kyle got sick during dinner and went back to our room, and then Kelsey, Mac, Scott and I were going to leave before dessert so we could get to the pirate party. On my way out the head server came up to me and said, real snotty "we are getting ready to do a show it would be appreciated if you would sit back down and watch our show instead of leaving" :scared1: Excuse me. I am going to the pirate show and that is all there is to it. He came by on lobster night. Did not do my lobster but did Scotts and was really rude about it. Even my father noticed how rude he was.

Mac did ok with second dinner. She would have perfered to be in the club. She did fall alseep at dinner 2 nights. They were great about it though. It was one of those she had not slept more then 4 hours each night so by the time she drank her drink and ate 3 pieces of bread she was out cold. 8:15 dinner was really only 5:15 for us at home so she was ok with it.

I did not get as many pictures of the ship as I would have liked. Oh well guess I need to go again just to get pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter