October 20th 2007 Western Magic Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forget that idea. I made it at work for 2 hours and now on top of this cold I have, I've got the "Bubble Guts"!! One more sick day for me.....:sick:

Nancy,

Hope you feel better soon.

I have to laugh because my Dad would always say "Bubble Guts". Must be an older generation thing. :lmao:

:) Nancy how cool that your Dd and her Boyfriend may come on the cruise. I would love to meet here, but not have my picture with her, as shes far too pretty! :sad2: :rotfl2:
Hope you feel better soon, i love that phrase "bubble guts" :rotfl:

Jeff I will try and have a search for you tonight.I agree the search on the thread is worse than useless! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Karen, I got a card and flowers, but Elouise got 5 cards, yes 5!!!:confused3 1 from her dad, cos he didnt wnat her feeling left out, and then 3 from boys in her school class and 1 from a boy from kick boxing! Plus a shortbread love heart and a love heart key ring. Im feeling very jelous ! Shes now "deciding" which of the 3 boys from school can dance with her onFri at the school disco !!!!!! oh to be 4 yrs old.:)

For Waynes pressie I did something soooo cool. Our friends get married in Jamacia in 2 weeks ( stag do and hen party this Sat)... so LOTS of crazy stories to come, no doubt!

We were showing them our 8 yrs old video of the wedding and hotel ( Sandals) which is were they are going. It looked quite dated, the VHS tape and box etc. Anyway I had it digitally enhanced, and all our original photos scanned and put in extra as a picture slide veture. I choose our song "Lifted" by the lighthouse family, to play over the photo slide. (Wayne has forever you and me, engraved in his ring)
The guy put some of my best pictures on the DVD and the case. It looks very professional.

I gave it to Wayne last night and we sat and drank so Asti ( I dont like champagne)..... no gags about me being "cheap" Mr Chris!
and cried our eyes out. It was so wonderfully clear and having our photos on the DVD too, it makes it so much easier to have it all in one place.

Im hinting for mothers Day I would like an hours DVD of Elouise from baby to now. We have stacks of Hi8 tapes or what ever, as well as 1000s of pictures, we rarely dig out. I might even get a holiday one done too.
Guess we have 12 hours of Florida tape to squeeze into 1 hour. :headache: :headache: :eek: :eek:

Elouise saw some of the wedding DVD and wanted to know where she was !!!:rotfl2:

Hey, we were talking the other day about the small group we have and the number of posts we put up. I just checked, we are the 22nd thread with the most posts and we don't put up much "fluff" (except for a few people who shall remain anonymous that hogged a whole page to themselves).

If you look at the cruises that have already happened (17 for sure - can't tell on about 3 of them without going into the thread) we move to the top 5 of upcoming cruises.

Way to go people. :thumbsup2

feel better soon Nancy!

For Valentines Day I woke my husband from a deep slumber at 7AM so that he could shovel the 6-foot icebergs that the City of OFallon so thoughtfully deposited at the end of our driveway while the neighborhood slept. ;)

Hey, we were talking the other day about the small group we have and the number of posts we put up. I just checked, we are the 22nd thread with the most posts and we don't put up much "fluff" (except for a few people who shall remain anonymous that hogged a whole page to themselves).

If you look at the cruises that have already happened (17 for sure - can't tell on about 3 of them without going into the thread) we move to the top 5 of upcoming cruises.

Way to go people. :thumbsup2

ANOTHER reason why you and Suz MUST be on this cool cruise !:) :) :) :) :) :)

:Heather, :yay: Shout out to a fellow scrapper! I haven't scrapped since my daughter was born, and boy do I have a lot of photos to scrap now!!! Did you ever see my Digital DCL Scrapbook that I posted on the DCL forum?? If not, you can check it out here:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1201849&referrerid=&highlight=scrapbook

I need to get all caught on my scrapping this year or I will be so far behind I may even give up! :sad1:

I agree with Jeff, this is a great group to cruise with and I can't wait to meet everyone in person! It's gonna be weird cus we know each other quite well and yet have never been face to face. I hope it's not like my last cruise, I chatted with lots of DISers online beforehand but when we met face to face, a lot of people were too shy to even talk to us!! :sad1:

Note to fellow cruisers....if you see us, don't be shy!!! Come and chat with us...we don't bite....hard. :rolleyes: We are Canadians, so we HAVE to be friendly eh????!!!!! :upsidedow

I agree with Cass, we need to keep chatting face to face as well as virtually. Just need to remember what everone looks like.

Glad that everything is looking good health-wise Cass. Just need to catch up on all that scrapping.

Heather

PS - loved the digi scrapbook

Jeff did you see the thread TRIP INSURANCE FLIGHT DELAY on the main forum???? Is this any good for you?:confused3 or could you join in and get some answers from others DISSERS?

I would try and post the link, but im being dumb! :guilty:

good luck

:) Nancy how cool that your Dd and her Boyfriend may come on the cruise. I would love to meet here, but not have my picture with her, as shes far too pretty! :sad2: :rotfl2:
:rotfl:

Linda, Thank you!! I think she is pretty too but I may be a bit partial!:love:

Yeah Linda, where are THOSE tapes? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Oooh la la!!:rolleyes1

feel better soon Nancy!

Brenda, I already feel better. I slept a little this afternoon and it helped. BTW, I heard about a woman being killed in an accident on the interstate yesterday right out side of St Louis. :sad2: Jason must have been sitting in traffic because of that accident.:confused3

How is everyone spending Valentine's Day? I got my "hand-colored" card from Chuck. He never buys a card for me, rather he colors one and writes his own. :love: :cloud9: :love: 27 years later and still a romantic!puckerup:

We will be going out for dinner this weekend for V-day.:hug:

I guess everyone must be romancing it up tonight...this is Jay's night to work late so I'm cozy in the computer room (warmest room in the house!) eating pizza all by my lonesome.

Nancy - Jay was actually stuck yesterday because highway 70 at our exit and all points west was shut down due to snow and ice accumulation. I believe the incident you heard about happened last night on the STL side of the river. Very sad.

Ok, Jeff, or should I say Mr 142! :laughing:

Had a day off today, too much ice to go anywhere. Our power was out for about 3 hours, so that wasn't fun. Sammie would walk into a room, and say "it's dark" everytime! Katie kept telling us we should have paid our bill! What does a 4 year old know about paying bills?

We all exchanged cards, and gave the girls a few Valentine's presents. All in all, a quiet day. :hug:

Cass, I missed when you booked the 1st excursion. You're really planning ahead!

I'm a scrapper too. And like many of you, I haven't done it in ages! I have one book completed, of Katie up to 6 months old! Yikes! :eek: Will I ever catch up? Probably not!

Nancy, still sending some get well wishes your way.

bumpity bump with photo!! :love:

valentines.jpg

:love: :love: Oh my goodness - that Kira picture is just too darned cute:love: :love:

It actually looks like she's blowing a kiss!:cutie:

I booked our insurance a couple of weeks ago but I think I told you all about it way back in October - yeah! - it takes me THAT LONG to do anything:rotfl:

Have you checked out walmart? They were the 2nd cheapest and good cover for us.

I take it all back about Neil and valentines.....he came home with a huge bunch of white lilies (my favourite) and chocs, and had organised mom to "Ellis-sit" so he could take me out and cooked me brekkie this morning:love: - he's back in my good books;) ---wonder what he's after:rolleyes1

I agree with you all about making sure we meet on the cruise. I am a bit shy in person if I have to approach someone (although once I've met you you wont be able to shut me up!:rotfl: )

Perhaps we could have a mini meet before the cruise? We are there for a week before, so we could always meet up for an evening meal or drinks somewhere - Bahama Breeze is nice - we could hog the whole balcony outside!:confused3 If we pick a date early enough we could all work our itinaries around it. Anyone up for it? Either that or we could do the wishes or illuminations cruise together. I think the boat holds about 12 and its about $250 for the boat. Just a suggestion:confused3 I'm up for anything (within reason;) )

ooooooh! - just did a search under "multi insurance and I might have found the thread you were on about. No idea how to link to it :rolleyes: but just search multi insurance and its there:yay: - hope it helps.

I agree that we have to have some kind of DISmeet also. Anyone who is playing tag will have to get their taglist and their magnets to start the game.

On our last cruise we had a DISmeet on Sunday aboard the ship. I realize that this time around we will be in Key West instead on Sunday. A DISmeet on Saturday after the sailaway party and before early dining somehwere on the ship??

Some Konked Kruisers are arriving earlier the week of the cruise but I believe some may not arrive until Saturday or late on Friday.

We also had a follow up DISmeet on Thursday of the cruise.

One of our DISers also had a great idea on how to identify each other in the terminal on embarkation day. We all wore Mardi Gras beads to identify ourselves. It was rather fun running into people before even boarding the ship. A few of us had a mini DISmeet in the terminal!! I believe there were about 15 of us.

We definitely have to come up with something. If we all put our collective heads together, we'll come up with something.

In Oct, out table mates MJ, Sue, Allie and Janet, recognised Elouise from the photos i had put on our cruise thread, and that was before we even got to the secuirty checks! :thumbsup2 Wayne was parking the car, and they were sweet enough to say Hi and help direct me. !:)

Alot of us on the thread wore a small green ribbon tied on hand bags or in hair etc. This was great fun and we had a big group of us nattering around the sofa chairs in no time. :chat: :chat: There was a great benefit to this, as we queued for each other in the character lines and took pictures of each other too. This was a major help when Elouise decided she couldnt wait for the toilet just 4 off getting to Mickey!

We had a planned meet at 3pm by the Mickey pool which was wonderful, as the kids could go in the pool and play ( great if they are a bit shy, gives them something in common) and the adults meeted each other and exchanged small gifts. ( Kind of Distagging but in one big go ! )

We bumped into each other alot of the time and it really really made our cruise. They were an amzingly friendly happy and chatty bunch of people,and I thank them for all their advice and support they gave us prior and during the cruise. :grouphug:

count us in for a meet ........... wearing what ever.... within reason!;)

Im celebrating.............. WE ARE ON THE WAITLIST FOR THE LIBERTY and the FREEDOM for MAY 08.

yippee.............:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter