October 2013 - Car Rental

I just posted it on Nov car rental thread also. Our trip stars Oct 30~Nov 9. It is full 10 day rental.

By using costco member code (which we are member) and alamo insider free upgrade coupon code I got it lowered down to $251 for our Standard rental which is Full size at MCO.

Thanks mousegear. I just rebooked our Alamo ressie at $287 with our Costco discount and insiders discount! Love Alamo. I have never checked in online before with them but I am going to try it this time (we usually use the kiosk). BTW, we will be neighbors. We will be at the Boardwalk from Oct 31 thru Nov 9! We have stayed at the BC a few times, but decided to give the BWI a try.

Thanks mousegear. I just rebooked our Alamo ressie at $287 with our Costco discount and insiders discount! Love Alamo. I have never checked in online before with them but I am going to try it this time (we usually use the kiosk). BTW, we will be neighbors. We will be at the Boardwalk from Oct 31 thru Nov 9! We have stayed at the BC a few times, but decided to give the BWI a try.

I was actually thinking about checking in before also. I am just hoping maybe the rate will drop once more. :laughing: I was actually thinking about check in online before we leave to save some time.

But we will be at BC from Oct 30~ Nov 6 and move over to Portofino Bay from 6~9.

What's the costco code to use for Alamo? I don't see where to enter in a free upgrade insider code on costcotravel.com.

Oh well it looked like it saved the code when I went the alamo site so I was able to get the costco discount and the insiders upgrade to standard for $210. Best rate I've seen so far and hope it keeps going down. :)

So great - just tried this and got a standard SUV for 8 days for $237 all in. Thanks so much! :thumbsup2

We ended up with a mini van instead of the suv ( same price). They didn't have any suvs and avis didn't either. They would give us a minivan but not a bigger suv for the same price.

Well looks like the best deal I've gotten so far is through alamo for $210 for the 10 days we will be there.

Am I correct to assume that Alamo at MCO doesn't have a "standard" aisle? I used the costco contract id plus the insiders' upgrade from a midsize to standard.

No standards at MCO:thumbsup2 Have a great trip, BTW you did way better on rental than us. I guess our days of $100 or less for a weekly rental are over:sad: but it was nice while it lasted.

No standards at MCO:thumbsup2 Have a great trip, BTW you did way better on rental than us. I guess our days of $100 or less for a weekly rental are over:sad: but it was nice while it lasted.

Cool, so we get to choose from Full-Size correct? Another note say they stick a SUV or Minivan (I know very unlikely) in the Full-Size Aisle can we take that and still pay what I my reservation says?

Yes, go to full size. We have gotten mini vans or SUV on several occasions. For us it seems to be tied into arrival time, most everything is picked on a late arrival.

Yes, go to full size. We have gotten mini vans or SUV on several occasions. For us it seems to be tied into arrival time, most everything is picked on a late arrival.

Good to know, just did online checkin so get to bypass the counter and kiosk. Hopefully there is a good selection when we arrive, our flight gets in at 12:30 and I figure we would be in the garage around 1 - 1:30 time frame after picking up our luggage.

Well looks like the best deal I've gotten so far is through alamo for $210 for the 10 days we will be there.

Am I correct to assume that Alamo at MCO doesn't have a "standard" aisle? I used the costco contract id plus the insiders' upgrade from a midsize to standard.

They don't have a standard row at MCO, but, they do have standard size cars mixed in with the full size cars. You will be selecting your vehicle from the full size row.

They do have standard vehicles at MCO, they are parked with the full size cars on the full size row.

Good to know, just did online checkin so get to bypass the counter and kiosk. Hopefully there is a good selection when we arrive, our flight gets in at 12:30 and I figure we would be in the garage around 1 - 1:30 time frame after picking up our luggage.

Just a FYI, if you do not see anything you like when you arrive go to the booth and ask. They will try their best to make you happy. Also, remember to bring your confirmation with you. Makes life much easier for all concerned. Have a great trip.

Cool, so we get to choose from Full-Size correct? Another note say they stick a SUV or Minivan (I know very unlikely) in the Full-Size Aisle can we take that and still pay what I my reservation says?

Yes, if there is a SUV or Minivan on the row, you are certainly welcomed to take it and it will be the same price and it does happen, depends on the time of day and the time of year.

We leave for Florida on 11/30 for 4 nights pick up in Tampa drop off in mco
Our rate just dropped about $40 not bad now paying $125.00 for 4 nights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter