October 2013 - Car Rental

You can rent from Alamo or National at the Disney Car Care Center or Dolphin Hotel. The CCCenter is just inside the parking toll gates for MK at the Hess service station. You can get a shuttle/bus to pick you up and take you there.

They also have a counter in Shades of Green. It's walkable from the Poly.

Has anyone tried to name your own price on Priceline for October? Thinking about trying. We need a minivan from Oct 24-Nov 2. Most of the days it will be residing in the garage in Port Canaveral. Since we have to pay parking fees on top of the rental, we are trying to get everyone in the van (so we don't need to parking fees).

Has anyone tried to name your own price on Priceline for October? Thinking about trying. We need a minivan from Oct 24-Nov 2. Most of the days it will be residing in the garage in Port Canaveral. Since we have to pay parking fees on top of the rental, we are trying to get everyone in the van (so we don't need to parking fees).
Not for October but have used it four times over the last few years, including for our cruise trip. I averaged a bid around 15$ day-

Well I decided to see if my rate had changed for my upcoming trip. Renting from Dollar. I will be picking up on Oct 18th at 3 and returning same location Oct 23rd noon. It certainly changed, from $166.96 to $1038.13. Yes it is $1038.13 and not a typo. Glad I booked it when I did.

MISSYLEXI said:
It certainly changed, from $166.96 to $1038.13.

I have noticed a similar trend for our trip (TPA pickup and MCO drop off). The prices appear to be going up across the board ...

I can not understand why rentals are getting out of control! I was really hoping for something better but I am sticking with National 383 for 10day rental using KLM code.
I am expecting the worst and hoping at the last minute for the best.

I am totally with everyone about outrageous rental rates. I've never paid this high for rental. Right now for our full 10 day rental with National (Full Size) using KLM code and BJ's 30 off coupon, I have it reserved for $286. Last year, I paid only $165 for the same car type/length.

I really hope the rates come down as we get closer (we need it from Oct 30~Nov 9).

Got alamo rental yesterday next tue thu friday. $73 for economy, every size up wasnt much money. As an insider i go right to the lot and pick.

My Payless Full sized rental for 10/20 till 10/25 was $239 with an AARP discount. Pretty high due to no Saturday night.

But! Today I just checked and the rates are down. I booked directly on payless after having signed up as a member and I just got a new full size for $155.52 and that is total including tax. When I went through AARP the same car with payless was $162. So it was cheaper on the payless site just signed in.

My Payless Full sized rental for 10/20 till 10/25 was $239 with an AARP discount. Pretty high due to no Saturday night. But! Today I just checked and the rates are down. I booked directly on payless after having signed up as a member and I just got a new full size for $155.52 and that is total including tax. When I went through AARP the same car with payless was $162. So it was cheaper on the payless site just signed in.

His girl, TFTI. Do u need to ale a shuttle to the rental location? On your experience was the company efficient? Or did u have to wait?

Well I leave tomorrow and my National rate never got better than what I booked months ago. The rates are still at least $100 higher than what I have. Of course I'll probably still be checking tomorrow morning before heading to the airport. Seems those rates dropping right before a trip are a thing of the past for me. I never had any last minute drops this year to include my late January trip or my early May trip too. I'm happy I booked months ago when I did! Hope I find something fun tomorrow afternoon on the aisle. I pretty much had to book with National to maintain my Executive Aisle status at least one more year. :thumbsup2

Good luck to those still watching!

Has anyone rented from Advantage? I'm getting a pretty good rate from them---10/30 to 11/9 for around $220 for a mid-size SUV. Still about $50 higher than I paid last year, but still a very good rate considering the car rental prices I've been seeing this year.

My Payless rate has now dropped from $152 to $113 for next Monday-Friday.

This was with an insider rate using no coupons. Someone asked about this company and I can't say I have experience with them, but I actually prefer a shuttle since walking to the parking garage would be taxing for Mama & Daddy. Trying to preserve their steps!

Leaving on Sunday for 7 days. Rental thru Hertz, using USAA discount and $35 coupon off a one week rental. Went from $284 to $230, kept checking and watched it go back to $284 and then last week it dropped all the way down to $215 for whatever category a Corolla is. Checked today and it is back up to $247. Timing is everything!

We managed to grab an Avenger with Budget for $191, all in, a little while back. Very happy that we did, but now I'm wishing I'd done a mid-size SUV instead. Has anyone had luck lately upgrading to a larger vehicle at the counter and keeping a great rate? We've been lucky several times with a complimentary upgrade, or a nominal charge (like $5 per day) in the past. I've been poking around and can't find anything anywhere near what we got, so we'll just pack on the light side to save luggage space - not worth nearly doubling the cost at this point. But I sure would love a little pixie dust at the rental counter.... :)

We managed to grab an Avenger with Budget for $191, all in, a little while back. Very happy that we did, but now I'm wishing I'd done a mid-size SUV instead. Has anyone had luck lately upgrading to a larger vehicle at the counter and keeping a great rate? We've been lucky several times with a complimentary upgrade, or a nominal charge (like $5 per day) in the past. I've been poking around and can't find anything anywhere near what we got, so we'll just pack on the light side to save luggage space - not worth nearly doubling the cost at this point. But I sure would love a little pixie dust at the rental counter.... :)

We have a mid size suv with budget through carrentalsavers.com for $139/wk plus tax starting on the 22nd. Don't know how long you're going for but a week would total $173 for a week.

We have a mid size suv with budget through carrentalsavers.com for $139/wk plus tax starting on the 22nd. Don't know how long you're going for but a week would total $173 for a week.

So great - just tried this and got a standard SUV for 8 days for $237 all in. Thanks so much! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter