October 2008 code watch

We try to go twice a year - Feb. & October.

Going to subscribe to this thread to keep an eye out for October rates.

I have about 9-15 people coming with me on that one!:banana:

Mary Ann (using hubby's ID)
pirate:

Add me as a code hopeful for October. We are planning on October 25, 2008 through November 1, 2008. We are also excited to (hopefully) attend our first MNSSHP! I used Dreams Unlimited for our 2007 Land/Sea trip (and had a great experience), but I'm going to try to "go it alone" and make the arrangements for our 2008 trip by myself. YAY - less than a year away - LOL! :rotfl:

I just booked airfare for a mother/daughter trip for Oct. 08, so this is my thread to watch for the next 11 months!! I should have the perfect trip organized with that amount of time!! :goodvibes

Will probably stay at Pop, but staying in a moderate (Coranodo Springs !!) would be fun to try! We'll see how much $$?

I just booked airfare for a mother/daughter trip for Oct. 08, so this is my thread to watch for the next 11 months!! I should have the perfect trip organized with that amount of time!! :goodvibes

Will probably stay at Pop, but staying in a moderate (Coranodo Springs !!) would be fun to try! We'll see how much $$?

WOW !! you already got your airfare booked. I do not expect to book our until June or there abouts and we also are going in Oct 08

I can't find the best board to post this, but as it involves planning an Oct WDW trip, I guess this is as good a place as any.

I was dismayed to see the EPCOT Food and Wine Festival time (ie October) listed in the MOST CROWDED category in the 2008 Birnbaum WDW guide! I was under the impression that Sept & Oct were less crowded times to go. Does he perhaps mean EPCOT is more crowded, or all the parks? I know attendance has been going up in the fall, especially with Free Dining offers, etc., but didn't think it would be that crowded.

We were tentatively planning late Sept into early Oct (at POR).

The touring plan estimates for Sept are showing 4-6 (out of 10) for crowd levels, and for Oct mostly 5-7.

I wish I could just pick a week (8 nts) and reserve a room already LOL! But everytime I get close, I find out something else that makes me not sure!

I can't find the best board to post this, but as it involves planning an Oct WDW trip, I guess this is as good a place as any.

I was dismayed to see the EPCOT Food and Wine Festival time (ie October) listed in the MOST CROWDED category in the 2008 Birnbaum WDW guide! I was under the impression that Sept & Oct were less crowded times to go. Does he perhaps mean EPCOT is more crowded, or all the parks? I know attendance has been going up in the fall, especially with Free Dining offers, etc., but didn't think it would be that crowded.

We were tentatively planning late Sept into early Oct (at POR).

The touring plan estimates for Sept are showing 4-6 (out of 10) for crowd levels, and for Oct mostly 5-7.

I wish I could just pick a week (8 nts) and reserve a room already LOL! But everytime I get close, I find out something else that makes me not sure!

We always go over columbus day week in Oct. We have not gone any other time so I have nothing to compare it to, but we do not find it crowded, yes there are lines( short ones ) but nothing like you hear in the summer with 30+ minute waits just to get a fast pass :scared1: . We have never ' done ' anything to do with the food and wine festival, meaning we do not try food or drinks, I know , I know people will call us stupid but give me my pizza and burgers and I am happy :rotfl: We also love to go to MNSSHP. During MNSSHP we were able to ride SM 15 times ( to celebrate DD turing 15) along with many many other rides, now on the other hand we stayed at MK until
3:00AM with EMH and the lines never lightened up, Even after 2:00AM space mountain still had 20 min wait.

Hoping to go Oct 7-14th! Are you able to apply a code to a Magic Your Way package? We are doing the package plus dining, but a code would be great.

Thanks!

This is me exactly. I'm thinking now 10/19-10/25, but everytime i get close to booking, i think maybe i should look for an even less crowded time, like sept, but the it rains more in sept. I don't know..................

planning my 2nd 08 trip for October now :banana:
DH and I are staying at POFQ for our anniversary in March and I just convinced my sister and her DH that we needed to take my nephew to the world 10/30 to 11/3 for his 8th bday and MNSSHP! :cool1:

How do I subscribe to a thread? I'm going in October too!

We always go over columbus day week in Oct. We have not gone any other time so I have nothing to compare it to, but we do not find it crowded, yes there are lines( short ones ) but nothing like you hear in the summer with 30+ minute waits just to get a fast pass :scared1: . We have never ' done ' anything to do with the food and wine festival, meaning we do not try food or drinks, I know , I know people will call us stupid but give me my pizza and burgers and I am happy :rotfl: We also love to go to MNSSHP. During MNSSHP we were able to ride SM 15 times ( to celebrate DD turing 15) along with many many other rides, now on the other hand we stayed at MK until
3:00AM with EMH and the lines never lightened up, Even after 2:00AM space mountain still had 20 min wait.

Interesting we went over Columbus day week/weekend and it was packed, much like Spring break time IMO. Waits were up to 60 minutes my midmorning. Ride lines during MNSSHP were non existent though :goodvibes but the character line/ trick or treat lines were busy. Epcot was packed everyday we went with a few drunken fools.

Just got back from a week at the Pop Century about 12 hours ago and am already looking to go back in October 08. Will probably just call and book a package at rack rate and then keep my eye out for any discounts I can apply....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter