October 19th Cruisers again and again... Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got to go to the post office today after work and get my Christmas stamps. I have my cards made and address ready to go. I think I will include a picture of Ethan and a one of the family picture we had taken last summer. Sending Tiffany her gingerbread house kit today for her and her dorm wing to put together. I've got to stuff the little gingerbread stockings tonight so I can get them mailed too.

Here is an amusing story. This is how I get myself into things.....

Sunday night at my "Hoe Down" one of the Moms forgot to bring what she said she would bring. She felt really bad and was telling me her husband had been really sick and she was having to take care of him. Another Mother also said she has not been able to get her daughter to class because she was recovering from surgery. On the drive home it was really heavy on my heart to organize a list of the Mothers in my Missionette group that would be willing to make one meal in the event one of my girls families found themselves in a challenging situation like this. I have 22 girls I figured I could pull at least 4 of 5 volunteers. So Monday morning I sent an email out to all my parents explaining my ideas. I had a really good response. Wellll.... Tuesday I get a email from one of the cordinators of the entire Missionette program that LOVED the idea and low and behold our second grade teacher is going into surgery this next Monday. One of the 2nd grade Mothers emailed Denise (cordinator) asking for SOMEONE to organize meals for her!! So guess who is now in charge of organizing meals for the entire Missionette program....Yeah that would be ME!

Mickey02 said:
I hear ya Jeannie about not know how to post pictures. Here's the trick.... hunt down Heidi have her take the picture and use her computer wiz talent and post it for you. :teeth: Hey I had to travel a long way too! :rotfl:
:rotfl2: Hmmm, now I know how to get to see all of you more...have you hunt me down and post pictures. That plan sounds good to me.

Barb - how do you go shopping buy not buy anything...that is hard for me. Where did you get a gingerbread house kit? I got mine at Toys R Us for $10. I thought it would be something fun for Chris and I to do with the girls since we have never done one together. I am looking forward to doing it together with them.

Oh and instead of the 4 or 5 meals I thought would be good this Mom wants to put 10 meals together. YAY! You Go Barb Girl!!!

Oh my gosh Barb, you have even more to do now. How do you handle it all? You have such a big heart...but not enough time!!!!!!

How about sending some apple pies ;) I can donate mine to you and the families if you want me to :)

Heidi-You are soo sweet to want to donate your pie. If at that time I am trying to fill a meal need I will let you know. I think you just need to move closer and we could do all sorts of fun things like that!

I ordered my ginderbread house kit from Swiss Colony. But do you think I would have thought to have them send to Tiffany. NO I thought is would be SUPER FUN to pay postage TWICE!!! :sad2:

I am also on the lookout for gingerbread cookies decorating kits. We are having a fun night for the girls in December and decorating gingerbread is part of the activities. I bought them last year for the people on my team at work. We had a contest. I OF COURSE decorated mine up like Mickey! I also Won the contest... So much talent so little time.....sad :sad2:

Gee Barb, do you ever just sit down and watch TV?? I get tired just reading everything you do. Oh my gosh, did you see your ticker???? 22 more days for you.

Jeanne, isn't it great to have a restaurant to run to when you need a lift??? We love Armadillo for that very reason. Give Joyce a big huge hug and tell her I miss all of you so much. As I am typing I am picturing Joyce with that silly napkin on her head.

Barb - Definitely let me know if you need me to donate my pie. My mom and I saw decorating gingerbread man cookie kits at Toys R Us also, not sure how much they were. Since sending packages is so cheap, I would see why you want to pay for postage twince. ;)

Heeheehee Yes I do like to go to the post office..stand in long lines....paid for things more then once....SUPER FUN!!!!

Heidi-You are soo sweet. Thats why I love you so much! :love:

Hey Barb, you can have my pie, too. Doesn't your post office have a self mailing center???? Ted and I love ours. We even got Heidi using it. You can use it 24/7. Nice.

Barb- you are AMAZING!!! princess: :woohoo: You are such a busy person yet you still find time to do another kind thing. If there was more of you in this world the world would be a much better place!!

Mom- NO, I haven't had too much candy!!! Stress is getting to me and I have to channel it somewhere!!! Sorry it's you this time!! ;) :rotfl:

#1Disfan said:
Barb- you are AMAZING!!! princess: :woohoo: You are such a busy person yet you still find time to do another kind thing. If there was more of you in this world the world would be a much better place!!/QUOTE]

You guys are soooo nice to me. Thank you for the nice words. :love:

Got all 10 meals taken care of now I just have to find out what everyone is bringing so I make sure no meals are duplicated 2 days in a row.

I looked up the Christmas stamps online and they are SUPER cute this year. NOT MICKEY THOUGH! Blah! But they are cutie cookies. Do you think I can get Christmas stamps at the self serve post thing Sandy?

Mickey02 said:
Do you think I can get Christmas stamps at the self serve post thing Sandy?
NO, definitely not!!!!! You don't get to choose stamps, they just give you the basic stamps with the statue of liberty with the flag.

:chat: Time for me to start talking about nothing. Kind like I usually do!

I had fun with Graci today at Super Walmart. I bought Tyler a Little Tykes basketball hoop. I am headed back because Graci pointed out what she wanted for Christmas. It was a Pet Shop set and there were only a few with bonus pets. I have to beat everyone else!! I am doing so good this year!!

Oh and Barb, please consider this my RSVP. I got your invitation yesterday. I will be there with Stacey and Heidi in a couple of weeks! Can't wait to see your decorated house!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter