October 19th Cruisers again and again... Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I promise I will TRY to catch-up on reading the posts but I did read the last page and saw the picture of Bonnie with Ryan and his family. It almost made me cry :sad:.

HAPPY :yoda: :figment: :hmghost: BELATED HALLOWEEN!!!!!!!!!! I worked and did wear my pirate pirate: outfit. It reminded me of the cruise and the Van Horn's so it made me feel a little sad because I miss them. Then Diana brought Zoe into work dressed as a pumpkin and then I got happy again :).

My life is so boring. Nothing exciting going on for quite some time. I am going to Delaware to visit Mary Lou who retired last year in November and, of course, the trip will include shopping at the outlets!$$$$$$$$ Joyce is supposed to go too. I haven't heard from Bonnie. Sandy hears from her more than me. My old tenant Mary made settlement on her house October 27th and we now have a new tenant (I shouldn't call them tenants since nobody ever pays any money). This one is a friend of my son Teddy. Maybe I will cheer up when then Halloween/Fall decorations come down and the Christmas decorations go up! ::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo I bought a new Mickey and Minnie dressed in santa outfits that are garden statues. I can't wait to put them out.

New Jersey had a 70 degree Halloween. It was beautiful trick or treating weather but we only got about 15 kids. I live in a REALLY old neighborhood. The weather is going to start getting cold again.

HAPPY NOVEMBER 1st and HAPPY ALL SAINTS DAY to all you Catholics.

Have a Wickedly Wonderful Wednesday. Toodles :wave: :earboy2: JEANNE

We only got 5 (yes count them on ONE hand) TOT'ers. Chris and I were so upset. I love to see all the little kids in their costume but didn't get to see very many. We dumped Candy in the last group's bag just to get rid of the candy that we don't need, but we still have a ton!!!! We did get comments on how good our pumpkin smelled, people thought it was a candle, but it was the nutmeg and cinnamon sprinkled on the lid. Out of about 30 townhomes, 3 people (including us) were passing out candy...no wonder why no one came, I wouldn't either.

Sally - I hope you feel better.

How was everyone elses Halloween? I know my sister got a lot more kids that I did.

So they weren't any TOT's anywhere? That is weird. I wonder why?

Vacation: I forgot to mention that Kaleigh got to ride Splash Mountain and Thunder Mountain for the first time. Oh, also Test Track. Plus, she rode Soarin' legally. She loved all of them. She wanted to try Stitch, but I thought it might be too scary and the CM was no help. ANy of you ever go on Stitch so I can decide for next time. Kaleigh is tall enough.

Jerry took a bunch of candy to work today and I hid the rest.

Jeanne: You have that brand new grandbaby to be happy about. Maybe it is kind of like holiday let down after all the excitement of her arrival.

I work tomorrow and Friday and then we are going to a friends for dinner on Saturday.

I am waiting for a box to arrive from Disney. We purchased a pirate play set and stuffed Cinderella for Kaleigh for Christmas and had it shipped home. We didn't buy the pirate boat because we thought she would like the play set more. The only figure it doesn't have is "red head" Minnie.

Here are some pics of my babies!! I bought the costume for next year but they were so cute I let them wear it this year. Tyler kept seeing the kids on the street so he wanted to be out there too. We took them both out to two houses...next year we will hit more...I'm excited!!

DSC01915.jpg

DSC01913.jpg

DSC01917.jpg

I love the tail on Joey's costume!! It is so cute when she moves!! Have a good day!!

My goodness. Jeanne's post almost reduced me to tears. I wish like we all do that we live closer and can give hugs for real. Then, Stacey's post perked me up. Love the pictures Stacey. LOVE THEM!!!

I haven't had the nerve to call Best Buy yet. I will have to tell you about my phones calls with them yesterday!!

We only had 12 kids last night. It was so disappointing! It is sad that a lot of parents don't even do it anymore. I was just talking to the Disney Store manager about that. People read into deeper than they need to. We all turned out ok and trick or treated! Ok, off my soapbox.

Stacey-The babies look so cute! Ethan was a giraffe. CUTE CUTE CUTE!

I would have loved to see Zoe as a pumpkin! We went to the church last night they have a HUGE thing. Jumpy things for the kids, games, balloons, hamburgers, hotdogs, popcorn, snow cones, carmel apples, cotton candy,LOTS of Candy, FUN FUN FUN. Ethan was sharing his candy witha 2 year old Denver Bronco Cheerleader. It was so fun to be there again. We have missed the last couple of Halloweens there because we didn't have any little ones. YEAH ETHAN!

Barb, you must have had a fabulous time with Ethan. A giraffe, how sweet. He already has "eyes" for a cheerleader, huh? Cute, cute, cute!

When I come down Barb I want to see a picture of Ethan in his costume!!! He is going to keep everyone's hands full for a long time...what a flirt!!! Way too cute!!

jiminyC_fan said:
We only had 12 kids last night. It was so disappointing! It is sad that a lot of parents don't even do it anymore. I was just talking to the Disney Store manager about that. People read into deeper than they need to. We all turned out ok and trick or treated! Ok, off my soapbox.

Don't forget though that there are a lot of other safer places to trick or treat now than "ages" ago and there are a lot of more freaky people lurking around. Plus, most of the kids in your neighborhood either don't trick or treat (Josh) or are getting too old. Next year you need to come to my house and hand out candy. We probably had around 40-50. Not many teenagers last night...maybe only 7??

#1Disfan said:
Don't forget though that there are a lot of other safer places to trick or treat now than "ages" ago and there are a lot of more freaky people lurking around. Plus, most of the kids in your neighborhood either don't trick or treat (Josh) or are getting too old. Next year you need to come to my house and hand out candy. We probably had around 40-50. Not many teenagers last night...maybe only 7??
Can I come too??? I can just picture all of running for the door and slipping on your hard wood floors!!!

Pooh_Friend#1 said:
Can I come too??? I can just picture all of running for the door and slipping on your hard wood floors!!!

I see a family fight heading our way!! :rotfl2: :rotfl:

Stacey, I was just thinking that it would be a great idea because we can hand out candy and you can take the kids......everyone's happy! Except the kids on my block. And by the way, Josh has NEVER trick or treated. :confused3

jiminyC_fan said:
Are you saying that I am OLD???? Want to step outside???? :rotfl: Bad Stacey, real bad!

Hey, if the shoe fits...wear it!!!! :rotfl: :rotfl:

Heidi- my kids would win the fight...as they hit the ground running yelling OOOOHHHH!!! because the doorbell was ringing, the rest of us would hit the floor face first tripping over them!!!! :rotfl:

That's why I offered to come over here so that way candy is still getting handed out while we are gone. Richard just ran back and forth between houses while we were out...considering we didn't go very far.

I have lost 2 very good recipes and have been trying to search them out. One was the BEST crock pot macaroni and cheese that I made one time when Joey and Tyler came over to visit and the other recipe was a very yummy garlic pull apart bread made out of frozen bread dough. I guess I had too much on my plate this last year and lost some good recipes. Wish I had time to have created a computer file for recipes like I wanted to.

Good night and sleep tight. Till tomorrow......

Loved the pictures of the twins. Would love to see Ethan in his halloween costume. Don't expect to see me post Zoe's pumpkin pictures. You know I can't do things like that!

Halloween :hmghost: :maleficen :yoda: decorations are down and in boxes. Now I have to get the energy to put the Fall/Thanksgiving decorations up.

The dogs :dogdance: :dogdance: are driving me crazy because the squirrels stand at the door and torture them!

Off to visit Zoe and Diana later than AM :love: :lovestruc :tiptoe:.

Tonight is $3.00 Margarita night :drinking1 :drinking1 at Los Amigos so maybe I'll call Joyce later and see if she is having a bad day. I could really use a night out.

Hope you all have a Thunderously Terrific Thursday. Toodles :wave: :earboy2: JEANNE

#1Disfan said:
Hey, if the shoe fits...wear it!!!! :rotfl: :rotfl:

Heidi- my kids would win the fight...as they hit the ground running yelling OOOOHHHH!!! because the doorbell was ringing, the rest of us would hit the floor face first tripping over them!!!! :rotfl:

That's why I offered to come over here so that way candy is still getting handed out while we are gone. Richard just ran back and forth between houses while we were out...considering we didn't go very far.
:rotfl2: :lmao:

Good Morning!

I hear ya Jeannie about not know how to post pictures. Here's the trick.... hunt down Heidi have her take the picture and use her computer wiz talent and post it for you. :teeth: Hey I had to travel a long way too! :rotfl:

Starting our Christmas weekly shopping tonight. The girls and I go shopping once a week. Don't buy anything just go to enjoy the Christmas season. I have been decorating my trees this week. Most of my decorations start way up because of curious little fingers. Tree looks kind of strange but better then fighting him all the time to leave the Mickeys alone!

Bob and I went and got our tickets for the Trans-Siberian Orchestra last night. I also got tickets for "Wonderland" a show our church puts on. If you knew my church you would know it is not just a small church show. This one has an ice rink, singing, skits, lights, fog etc... It is soooo cool I just love going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter