*Oct/Nov/Dec 'Christmas Cracker' Dieting Thread*

Please dont give up! I was exactly the same losing only 1/2lb a week or maintaining and I was sticking to it to the letter! Then my sister and brothers, who are target members at SW, told me I wasn't eating enough and needed to use my syns!

As soon as I started having on average 12 syns a day the weight started dropping off! Very odd but it worked.....

Good luck - it really will work in the end!

Thanks Higgy. I had at least 5 syns a day one day 13 but I do feel Iv lost inches as my trousers are looser. My rep told me to take it over the month not weekly as our hormones fluctuate. I did feel very bloated last week so will see this week. Im not giving up as my GP is paying lol
Well done to everyone.

Another 2lb off :cheer2:

And I've realised I just can't eat as much as I used to , We went for lunch yesterday and I ordered a hot dog , OMG it was huge , I managed to finish it but I felt so bloated for the rest of the day.

If this carries on me and DH will be sharing all our meals in Disney , as portions are huge!

And I've realised I just can't eat as much as I used to , We went for lunch yesterday and I ordered a hot dog , OMG it was huge , I managed to finish it but I felt so bloated for the rest of the day.

If this carries on me and DH will be sharing all our meals in Disney , as portions are huge!

:cheer2: Well done Vicky :cheer2:

That's the first week of sticking to being good over with! I avoided pork pie, cookies, cake and chocolate in the office and chocolate of an evening. I was so proud of myself!
Stood on the scales this morning and I lost a measly lb! I'd have really liked a little more, I know I shouldn't be downhearted about it as it's a lb in the right direction, but I can't help but think I deserved more!
How's everyone else getting on? X

Another 1lb off :D , and need to buy a belt , can no longer cope with falling down jeans !! Not in my size 14 goal jeans yet but they can get further up than ever before, I'd say I've gone from a size 20/22 to a size 16/18 since May !!!! Exciting!!

Another 1lb off :D , and need to buy a belt , can no longer cope with falling down jeans !! Not in my size 14 goal jeans yet but they can get further up than ever before, I'd say I've gone from a size 20/22 to a size 16/18 since May !!!! Exciting!!

Well done you!

I'm the same. After I get weighed I have whatever I fancy for tea that night - i can't eat what I used to, in fact sometimes i just feel so ill i can't believe i used to eat so much!

That's the first week of sticking to being good over with! I avoided pork pie, cookies, cake and chocolate in the office and chocolate of an evening. I was so proud of myself!
Stood on the scales this morning and I lost a measly lb! I'd have really liked a little more, I know I shouldn't be downhearted about it as it's a lb in the right direction, but I can't help but think I deserved more!

It's a pound in the right direction :thumbsup2

Well done :goodvibes Great fitting into smaller clothes :cool1:

I lost another 2lb this week and am chuffed to bits :) On to the next half stone for me, which I want to get off by my work Christmas night out - it's 8 weeks away so hopefully I'll manage it without too much of a problem.

I've seen a dress that I love and noticed that my size just now is sold out. My DH suggested I get it in the smaller size as an incentive, so that's what i've done. I don't have it yet but hopefully I'll be able to squeeze into it...

Good luck everyone this week - keep at it :thumbsup2

Sorry for not posting last friday weigh in. Lost 1.5Ib but considering Its only my 2 nd week and put 1/2 on my first I was feeling very disheartened again. I really dnt know whether this diet is working for me. My food diaries are fine even my leader is a bit bemused. I have about 20lb to loose. I had a curry friday night and 2 bars of chocolate sunday and a bag of crisps. Things I had not had at all. Back on track today

:hug: Sorry you only lost a pound, but it is in the right direction hun :cool1: Well done :wizard: Fingers crossed for a bigger loss next week

:yay: Well done Vicky, it's great when you notice your clothes fitting better or needing a belt, keep up the good work ::yes::

I lost another 2lb this week and am chuffed to bits :) On to the next half stone for me, which I want to get off by my work Christmas night out - it's 8 weeks away so hopefully I'll manage it without too much of a problem.

I've seen a dress that I love and noticed that my size just now is sold out. My DH suggested I get it in the smaller size as an incentive, so that's what i've done. I don't have it yet but hopefully I'll be able to squeeze into it...

Good luck everyone this week - keep at it :thumbsup2

:banana: Well done on losing another 2lbs, you'll fit into that new dress in no time ::yes::

Sorry for not posting last friday weigh in. Lost 1.5Ib but considering Its only my 2 nd week and put 1/2 on my first I was feeling very disheartened again. I really dnt know whether this diet is working for me. My food diaries are fine even my leader is a bit bemused. I have about 20lb to loose. I had a curry friday night and 2 bars of chocolate sunday and a bag of crisps. Things I had not had at all. Back on track today

:woohoo: Well done on this weeks loss hun :wizard: Good luck over the next week

Its very disheartening isn't it but slow but sure a £ off is better than £ on. Thats what I keep telling myself. Fingers crossed this week. Iv had more syns and less potatos so will see. Good luck everyone

Its very disheartening isn't it but slow but sure a £ off is better than £ on. Thats what I keep telling myself. Fingers crossed this week. Iv had more syns and less potatos so will see. Good luck everyone

It is very disheartening, but I know I'm doing the right thing for my body, it just might take time to show!
As long as it keeps coming off I'll be happy :)
Keep up the good work!

Small weight loss of only 1/2 pound today for me too, but I suppose it's in the right direction :) Although I can't complaint, i've had 6 off in 3 weeks, so it's about average.

Stick with it folks :thumbsup2

Small weight loss of only 1/2 pound today for me too, but I suppose it's in the right direction :) Although I can't complaint, i've had 6 off in 3 weeks, so it's about average.

Well done. Thts my attitude now as well. I know iv lost inches so Im hoping I loose a bit more on my 3 rd week. Weigh in tomorrow

:cool1: Well done on this weeks loss hun, every little bit counts ::yes::

Everyone seems to be doing great! Keep it up!

I have an urge some mornings to stand on the scales, even though it's not weigh day, it's so had not to, but I know it's best just once a week.
I've had lots of temptations again this week and have resist (apart from sharing a small bag of milky way magic stars!)
I was out of the office yesterday at one of our centres (I work for a well known kids activity holiday company) and chose all the healthy things on the menu at lunch time, even though most others were having chips!

I have an urge some mornings to stand on the scales, even though it's not weigh day, it's so had not to, but I know it's best just once a week.

I'm going to be very controversial here ;) Bearing in mind that I have been dieting on and off for about 20 years, and never come close to being this successful, I think you actually should weigh yourself every day if you want to :)

We have been told for years only to weigh once a week. Well, sometimes you think you've blown it mid-week and give up before you even get weighed, meaning you actually end up 'being bad' because you think you've done so much damage. But, if you weigh yourself each morning, you can actually see the weight coming down and it motivates (me) to keep on the straight and narrow.

After I've been weighed on a Thursday I give myself the rest of the day off. I don't go mad stuffing my face, but if i fancy some chips for my tea i'll have them. Or a bit of toast. Something as a wee treat. The next day I'll be a pound or sometimes 2 pounds more. But by Sunday morning i'm usually right back on track.

Contrary to what we've always been told about weight fluctuating thoughout the week, i've only ever found that it fluctuates within the day, because every morning I see the ounces going down the way. I sometimes weigh myself before I go to bed too, and generally the next morning i'm between 1 and 2 pounds lighter. More if my diet is going well :goodvibes You do need to remember that your own scales will differ than your clubs ones, but you can still track your progress.

I love seeing this every morning, and it sets me up for the day keeping my goals fresh in my head :)

I'm going to be very controversial here ;) Bearing in mind that I have been dieting on and off for about 20 years, and never come close to being this successful, I think you actually should weigh yourself every day if you want to :) We have been told for years only to weigh once a week. Well, sometimes you think you've blown it mid-week and give up before you even get weighed, meaning you actually end up 'being bad' because you think you've done so much damage. But, if you weigh yourself each morning, you can actually see the weight coming down and it motivates (me) to keep on the straight and narrow. After I've been weighed on a Thursday I give myself the rest of the day off. I don't go mad stuffing my face, but if i fancy some chips for my tea i'll have them. Or a bit of toast. Something as a wee treat. The next day I'll be a pound or sometimes 2 pounds more. But by Sunday morning i'm usually right back on track. Contrary to what we've always been told about weight fluctuating thoughout the week, i've only ever found that it fluctuates within the day, because every morning I see the ounces going down the way. I sometimes weigh myself before I go to bed too, and generally the next morning i'm between 1 and 2 pounds lighter. More if my diet is going well :goodvibes You do need to remember that your own scales will differ than your clubs ones, but you can still track your progress. I love seeing this every morning, and it sets me up for the day keeping my goals fresh in my head :)

That's an interesting way of looking at it, thanks! Next time I feel the urge, I'll just do it!

Having stood on the scales this morning, I think today is going to be a good day (apart from the fact it's pouring down and I have work to go to) an amazing 4lb loss for me! I'm not sure where it's gone, but I'm not going to complain!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

That's an interesting way of looking at it, thanks! Next time I feel the urge, I'll just do it!

Having stood on the scales this morning, I think today is going to be a good day (apart from the fact it's pouring down and I have work to go to) an amazing 4lb loss for me! I'm not sure where it's gone, but I'm not going to complain!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Yay ! Well done :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter