NY Jets player pulled over, then threatens cop’s family

Isn't that how Tim Horton died?

Drunk driving at excessive speed, but he didn't plow into one of his namesake stores. I believe he lost control of the car after hitting a pothole or bump in the road. The car flipped over several times and he was ejected.

Another NHL player who died as a result of drunk driving was Flyers goalie Pelle Lindbergh. While driving home after a team victory party, he failed to negotiate a sharp curve and slammed his Porsche into a brick wall.

This was one of the tamer articles. Other articles report the exact language used.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/new...ges-report-felonies/b4s15kz8hya71n2fvtixwhdkk

If he doesn’t get permanently banned from the NFL, it’s going to make the anthem issue seem small.
It's insanely disgusting that anyone would act/talk like that to anyone. I certainly hope he is and 100% think he should, however I don't have much faith in the NFL and holding their players to really any kind of standard...pretty sad and pathetic.

Drunk driving at excessive speed, but he didn't plow into one of his namesake stores. I believe he lost control of the car after hitting a pothole or bump in the road. The car flipped over several times and he was ejected.

Another NHL player who died as a result of drunk driving was Flyers goalie Pelle Lindbergh. While driving home after a team victory party, he failed to negotiate a sharp curve and slammed his Porsche into a brick wall.

Vladimir Konstantinov was another player affected by drunk driving. In that case though, it was the limo driver but he ended up paralyzed. I remember when it all happened.

I don't necessarily think of NHL players as trouble off the ice. A former coworker met Mike Grier at his church, and he said he was pretty normal and well adjusted. My cousin in Orange County lives in a gated community with at least one Ducks player as a neighbor.

:scared: I did not hear one peep about this. Granted, CBC isn't my typical news source but I'm glued to talk radio all day long. I'm shocked and appalled. If I'm reading the article correctly this miscreant isn't currently a hockey player and the full force of the law is being brought to bear, including measures taken by the university. I find it just a little too much of a coincidence (as it's being described) that this lady was just an unlucky random victim though. :scratchin
Yeah the universities in this city are being quite heavy-handed with their discipline this year but that's because it's not even Feb. and there's already been the above event, PLUS everyone and their dog had to complain at the UofC because they were letting a young man finish his degree studies AFTER he had been charged with sexual assault of a minor. Nobody wants that predator near their children even if the courts let him off! :(

I think it's easier to stay glued to talk radio right now!!!!

I don't necessarily think of NHL players as trouble off the ice. A former coworker met Mike Grier at his church, and he said he was pretty normal and well adjusted. My cousin in Orange County lives in a gated community with at least one Ducks player as a neighbor.

There’s bad seeds in every profession. That being said, it is more rare to hear of a hockey player getting into/causing trouble off ice.

That's kind of what I was getting at. The number of college athletes who get their transgressions ignored by local law enforcement is probably way more than professionals.
That's probably true, but there are a whole lot more college athletes than professionals. Outstanding athletes start getting away with stuff as early as middle school. They often grow up thinking rules don't apply to them.

:sad::sad::sad::sad:

I was an insanely huge Flyers fan, starting in the late '70s. He was one of my favorite players.

There’s bad seeds in every profession. That being said, it is more rare to hear of a hockey player getting into/causing trouble off ice.

It also depends on how they grew up. I've met plenty of college athletes, including some who came from rough backgrounds and went on to play professionally. The environment where they grew up was often considerably different than my middle class upbringing, while quite a few had a similar background. Many were hoping that sports might be the the way out, while some still seemed to have one foot in that world. One guy I remember was a basketball player from Compton, California where apparently he had to worry about gangs. However, the gangs kind of protected him - making him off-limits to any gang recruitment. He had talent and they weren't going to mess with it. But some managed to get a college scholarship, yet they still couldn't seem to shake off that rough background. I'm pretty sure there are quite a few who wouldn't even hesitate to threaten a police officer because making threats when cornered is how they survived.

Still - you get weird cases like Aaron Hernandez. Nothing about his background screamed thug. But he was obviously a psychopath.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter