NY Jets player pulled over, then threatens cop’s family

Thank God I choose the Giants and not the Jets when I was little.
We have a bad season we get a new young star qb. They have a good season, by winning 5 games an find out there gen in the rough is a little rougher than they thought.

I don't know, the NFL is pretty forgiving.
This was reported early today by our local (Miami) news. I agree that professional athletes in general get away with a lot. The amount they get away with seems to be determined by how good they are. Morals aren't exactly a priority in professional sports. Fans don't seem to mind as long as their team wins. :sad2:

This was reported early today by our local (Miami) news. I agree that professional athletes in general get away with a lot. The amount they get away with seems to be determined by how good they are. Morals aren't exactly a priority in professional sports. Fans don't seem to mind as long as their team wins. :sad2:

College sports? I've heard that often local police often let a lot of things go. You don't think Jameis Winston didn't think he'd get away with stealing those crab legs? And then there's campus police.

College sports? I've heard that often local police often let a lot of things go. You don't think Jameis Winston didn't think he'd get away with stealing those crab legs? And then there's campus police.
I don't know how we moved to college sports, :confused3 but I agree some college teams are as corrupt as pro teams are. There has to be a reason why a select few teams pull in multiples of top rated high school athletes many of which play the same position. It can't be that they simply love the campus or coach. Many of them are sitting on the bench while they watch other top recruits play. There has to be more to it than that. They know they can get away with more than they would with other teams, because many of them have gotten a free pass to be there in the first place. That's a whole different topic though. Both college & pro teams can be corrupt. The punishment depends on the team & how good the player is. Governing bodies tend to ignore the corruption for some teams.

I don't know how we moved to college sports, :confused3 but I agree some college teams are as corrupt as pro teams are. There has to be a reason why a select few teams pull in multiples of top rated high school athletes many of which play the same position. It can't be that they simply love the campus or coach. Many of them are sitting on the bench while they watch other top recruits play. There has to be more to it than that. They know they can get away with more than they would with other teams, because many of them have gotten a free pass to be there in the first place. That's a whole different topic though. Both college & pro teams can be corrupt. The punishment depends on the team & how good the player is. Governing bodies tend to ignore the corruption for some teams.

That's kind of what I was getting at. The number of college athletes who get their transgressions ignored by local law enforcement is probably way more than professionals.

He went to my daughter's university. Graduated a year before her. Never heard anything bad about him, though.

Still, I'm irritated that me makes Temple look bad.

Since when do hockey players remotely get into this kind of trouble off the ice? :teeth:
Oohhhhhhh well we had a shining example of humanity in Calgary last week:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...key-player-charged-attack-professor-1.4496811

Excerpt: "A Mount Royal University student and the former captain of its hockey team has been charged in a brutal attack on an MRU professor after a break-in at her Calgary home last weekend, CBC News has learned.

Originally from Truro, N.S., Matthew Brown, 26, is facing charges of assault with a weapon and break-and-enter after a faculty member was brutalized with a broom handle, according to sources. The business student, who used to play in the QMJHL, is currently suspended and not allowed on campus, according to the university.

The victim, who is in her mid-60s, has a broken hand, requires surgery and also suffered torn tendons and severe bruising.

"[She] is understandably terrified and it will take a long time for her to get over this trauma," said a family spokesperson. "It's affecting every aspect of her life."

CBC News has agreed not to name the victim, who fears for her safety.

The woman lives in the community of Springbank Hill in southwest Calgary. Her family says the suspect had been at a nearby party.

The victim woke from a deep sleep after what sounded like an explosion, which was her glass door being smashed. She got up to investigate and was immediately attacked by a naked man who hit her repeatedly with a broom handle.

"It was very violent," said one of the woman's family members.

She was able to lock herself in the bathroom and then fled to a neighbour's house where they let her in and called 911.

The family has been told police believe the suspect may have been on drugs at the time of the attack."

So yeah!!!!

Oohhhhhhh well we had a shining example of humanity in Calgary last week:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...key-player-charged-attack-professor-1.4496811

Excerpt: "A Mount Royal University student and the former captain of its hockey team has been charged in a brutal attack on an MRU professor after a break-in at her Calgary home last weekend, CBC News has learned.

Originally from Truro, N.S., Matthew Brown, 26, is facing charges of assault with a weapon and break-and-enter after a faculty member was brutalized with a broom handle, according to sources. The business student, who used to play in the QMJHL, is currently suspended and not allowed on campus, according to the university.

The victim, who is in her mid-60s, has a broken hand, requires surgery and also suffered torn tendons and severe bruising.

"[She] is understandably terrified and it will take a long time for her to get over this trauma," said a family spokesperson. "It's affecting every aspect of her life."

CBC News has agreed not to name the victim, who fears for her safety.

The woman lives in the community of Springbank Hill in southwest Calgary. Her family says the suspect had been at a nearby party.

The victim woke from a deep sleep after what sounded like an explosion, which was her glass door being smashed. She got up to investigate and was immediately attacked by a naked man who hit her repeatedly with a broom handle.

"It was very violent," said one of the woman's family members.

She was able to lock herself in the bathroom and then fled to a neighbour's house where they let her in and called 911.

The family has been told police believe the suspect may have been on drugs at the time of the attack."

So yeah!!!!
:scared: I did not hear one peep about this. Granted, CBC isn't my typical news source but I'm glued to talk radio all day long. I'm shocked and appalled. If I'm reading the article correctly this miscreant isn't currently a hockey player and the full force of the law is being brought to bear, including measures taken by the university. I find it just a little too much of a coincidence (as it's being described) that this lady was just an unlucky random victim though. :scratchin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter