NW PA to Lorton for the Auto Train- worried about time and traffic!

I know this is 6 months later, but I was here looking for info on an upcoming trip and my search brought my own thread up :) so I thought I would give follow up on our trip down and hotel. Everything went smoothly with the drive, and we got to the comfort inn around 2 AM or so. I was glad we weren't driving through 6 lane traffic during the day, we sailed right through at night! The comfort inn worked perfectly for what we needed, but boy could it use a cleaning and an update! We were only there from 2 AM - maybe 10 AM and mostly slept, and our socks were black on the bottom from their carpet :crazy2:. It worked for one short night to be close, but I could almost see some people refusing to stay there. We didn't feel unsafe or anything, though. We loved the auto train and will definitely take it again instead of flying until our youngest are old enough to fly with easier, and even then we might take it occasionally just for the experience. Thanks for all of the helpful info on the area and hotels!:thanks:

I know this is 6 months later, but I was here looking for info on an upcoming trip and my search brought my own thread up :) so I thought I would give follow up on our trip down and hotel. Everything went smoothly with the drive, and we got to the comfort inn around 2 AM or so. I was glad we weren't driving through 6 lane traffic during the day, we sailed right through at night! The comfort inn worked perfectly for what we needed, but boy could it use a cleaning and an update! We were only there from 2 AM - maybe 10 AM and mostly slept, and our socks were black on the bottom from their carpet :crazy2:. It worked for one short night to be close, but I could almost see some people refusing to stay there. We didn't feel unsafe or anything, though. We loved the auto train and will definitely take it again instead of flying until our youngest are old enough to fly with easier, and even then we might take it occasionally just for the experience. Thanks for all of the helpful info on the area and hotels!:thanks:

We have taken the autotrain twice. We have had the family bedroom 3 times but on one of the trips down, we had just the seats. TBH, we all hated the seats and none of us slept. We fly now because it is so much easier. I am not a big fan of flying but I suck it up for a few hours and it is so nice to get to FL so quickly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter