Nurse Tammy's "Waiting for ROFR" Support Group - The Sequel

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is right, Did I miss anyone??

Updated 5/22/08

ucancallmeflower

Weluvdisny

corky441

dis2cruise

tikitwinsdad (BCV)

horselover

efinn88858

my3weasels

Disney Hokie Gal

Billa

u2daisyblue

Haley Whippet

HayGan

Barb

AinW

dani0622

ROFR is a four letter word

I've been a train wreck all day. I don't want to be a "downer," so you might just want to look at the photo of Sandra and me with three of our four beautiful grandbabies, and skip what comes after.

Bamafans-1.jpg

The news about little Maria Chapman hit me so hard this morning. If you're a long time reader here, you may remember I drove to St Louis week before last, after the death of the 5-yr-old granddaughter of our dearest friends. Then, just yesterday I was introduced to Stephen Curtis Chapman's song, Cinderella, and knowing about his family and all the love there made it hard to listen without losing it. And, of course, Mom's sick (though having some good days this week). Then the news this morning. (It was also in our paper, so it was probably helpful to hear it first from someone who cared.)

Well, I mentioned yesterday that my older son's family is active in a "Chinese adoptee's" playgroup with the Chapmans. Also, Maria was in the four-year-old class at the same church playschool where Spencer was in the three-year-old class this year. Stephen came to the year-end "commencement" for Maria's graduation to kindergarten, last week, and sang at the little program they had for the "graduating" four-year-olds. (All from my daughter-in-law, who has also been a bit of a wreck all day.)

Anyway, Lord willing, I will be with all four of the grandchildren by 8 or so tomorrow night. Little Aidyn, my only little girl, will wonder why Poppa is squeezing her so hard.

Grandbuddy, I'm so sorry your going through this. I really don't know what to say except we're here if you want a change of scenery, life doesn't make sense some times but I guess someday it will.
On another note what a nice picture! I see you had everyone dressed appropriately.

First congratulations to the founder of this group on her latest closing, you are setting a good example for the rest of us.:worship:

Also congrats to all who got good news. But it does seem like our luck is changing, I mean you couldn't think of the stuff many of you are going through right now. Here is an extra dose of good luck to you all.

And Grandbuddy, as others have said, what a good looking picture, you are in our thoughts with all the other things going on in your life at this point. I hope all goes well with your upcoming trip, and I think we have all squeezed the little ones a little tighter tonight.

On another note what a nice picture! I see you had everyone dressed appropriately.

And Grandbuddy, as others have said, what a good looking picture, you are in our thoughts with all the other things going on in your life at this point. I hope all goes well with your upcoming trip, and I think we have all squeezed the little ones a little tighter tonight.

I like seeing the picture on our thread. It makes me smile.

God bless all of you. Thanks for the prayers and kind thoughts for my family.

Good Morning Sunshines! :goodvibes

Grandbuddy, those babies are gorgeous!! Absolutely gorgeous! DH and I have briefly discussed adopting from China. I'd love to, but, with my sometimes painful work schedule...it wouldn't be fair to a little one. ( But if I got a serious opportunity, I may not think completely straight, either ;) )

Sounds like your sellers are brilliant...I cannot believe the problems you had, but at 77 PP, it might make it worth it in the long run. Did they not know that not paying their maintenance fees would cause issues as well as did they really not know that banked points are different?!? ACK!

Colonialtink, I LOVE AKL! It'sso gorgeous! I can't wait to see the finished pool, etc...Can't wait till I get to stay there.

Susan, your closing will be soon. You've been so patient. If it had been Ed or I we'd have exploded by now.

I'm going to come up with a QOD today. I miss those.

I'll be back.

TGIF!!!! Whooo hooooo!!!!

I love my smiley!!!!:beach: Fits me perfectly!!!

Yea, well, patience is running thin! I checked my contract last night and we are getting close to the time limit. At this point, I may threaten to not sign another extension otherwise they may take until August! Since this is all a new requirement by SC, I get the impression that these guys don't really know what they are doing. While I really feel for the closer, she told us we would have them last week. If she hadn't promised that I would not be as miffed. Now I am getting to the point where I will be under the gun to get the ressies I want for next spring.:scared1: This should not be the case.

We'll see what today holds!!! Have a great day, all!

Good Morning all...I've been too busy :woohoo: to keep up...I did my best and here goes...

icouldlivethere and Dumbo Fan - Cards!!!! After what we've all been thru are they made of gold??

disneylaurie and horselover - :woohoo: congrats on step 1...hope you move along as quickly as amandamc8.

tammymacb - feel free to invite me to concierge level in June! :dance3:

tink - TTS and the settlement company would have new phone numbers by now if I were in your shoes. As a realtor myself, I find it pretty sad that they have beaten you up on this one and they would be getting an awful lot of heat from me. Indeed I'd be working to get some fees waived, extra gift baskets, and a whatever else that I can think of. It's inexcusable and I'm sorry you're jammed up on this. :confused3

GB - :hug:
On the lighter side...I'll send you some Pitt clothes for your next team photo! Absolutely a beautiful family!

Laxmom...thanks for the beautiful blue skies this morning...we're finally heading back to golf weather all weekend and Monday looks :beach:

I think this is right, Did I miss anyone??

Updated 5/22/08

ucancallmeflower

Weluvdisny

corky441

dis2cruise

tikitwinsdad (BCV)

horselover

efinn88858

my3weasels

Disney Hokie Gal

Billa

u2daisyblue

Haley Whippet

HayGan

Barb

AinW

dani0622

You can take me off this list. We passed ROFR yesterday. :woohoo: :woohoo:

GB - you have a beautiful family. Your grandbabies are adorable. :flower3: :flower3:

Waiting to Close - The Check is in the Mail

mmcquire

tink’smom2B special extra pixiedust: for you

Verandah Man

PrincessAmyLynn

darlinboy

pb4ugo

kmhollis28

The "Waiting for ROFR" support group "Those who passed ROFR, closed, and lived to tell about it". Updated 5/23

amandamc8 - maybe the fastest to close of all time!!! :thumbsup2

tammymacb – number2 old hat but still :banana:

Grandbuddy

Buckeye Fan

Dumbo Fan

Cherta

pb4ugo

Rambler5678

clombardi

colonialtinker – The Sequel

bookwormde

KAT4DISNEY

gingermouse17

colonialtinker

GoofyDad13

fourkidsphoto

monami7

dizney4us

chickkypoo

icouldlivethere

Tigger & Eeyore

HolidayRoad

minniekissedme

tammymacb

tink6137130

disneymotherof3

Yea, well, patience is running thin! I checked my contract last night and we are getting close to the time limit. At this point, I may threaten to not sign another extension otherwise they may take until August! Since this is all a new requirement by SC, I get the impression that these guys don't really know what they are doing. While I really feel for the closer, she told us we would have them last week. If she hadn't promised that I would not be as miffed. Now I am getting to the point where I will be under the gun to get the ressies I want for next spring.:scared1: This should not be the case.

are you documents still with the lawyer???? How long has that been?
I am not sure what lawyer we are using- Rachel told me they will be ready soon- I hope she is right.

Well, talked to Laxdad and we are not threatening to not sign an extension; we won't sign one. We are not willing to give them until August to close this thing. We will walk away. By my calculations, they have 2 weeks to wrap this up.

You are now getting a taste of what others have gone thru using GMAC. I know they get the contracts that others really want, but it is just not worth dealing with them. I, too, have been a casualty of their ineptness. Live and learn, but don't be too quick to judge others that don't have favorable comments about them. I sure hope eveything works out for you. Let us know.

It isn't GMAC's fault. I hold no bad feelings toward them at all and would buy another contract thru them if possible. This is with a closing company that Disney has chosen in South Carolina - since they dont' close as many as in Florida, these folks are supposed to be familiar with the process. They are the ones who are the hold up - We were supposed to close last week while Carolyn was on vacation. She is finding out this am when she gets my email that it didn't happen. Our contract, since it is in SC, takes a different path than the rest.

Lawyer has had the paperwork since the 19th of April.

It isn't GMAC's fault. I hold no bad feelings toward them at all and would buy another contract thru them if possible. This is with a closing company that Disney has chosen in South Carolina - since they dont' close as many as in Florida, these folks are supposed to be familiar with the process. They are the ones who are the hold up - We were supposed to close last week while Carolyn was on vacation. She is finding out this am when she gets my email that it didn't happen. Our contract, since it is in SC, takes a different path than the rest.

Lawyer has had the paperwork since the 19th of April.

Actually, it is GMAC's responsibilty to follow up in these matters. Even though this is not a chosen closing company by GMAC, as you state, they have to do business with them, and thus have a responsibility to the customer to follow up on the WHOLE transaction, not just their part. FWIW, my contract was one in Florida, and their closing company screwed it up royally. As I stated in my other post you may want to read, "Buyer's Beware".

I think that people have been having hold ups and problems with most of the sellers.. not just GMAC. Read Tinksmom2b. That is worse than anything I have read so far..

I agree. I am not willing to blast GMAC just yet. They are the only hope I have. We will see what response I get from Carolyn. I am not giving up on her yet. And she has been updating me just not in the last 2 weeks - vacation.

Congratulations horselover!! At least I missed you in the right way I somehow missed Weluvdisny for a while and feel just terrible about it. Thanks for the catching that.

Updated 5/22/08

ucancallmeflower

Weluvdisny

corky441

dis2cruise

tikitwinsdad (BCV)

efinn88858

my3weasels

Disney Hokie Gal

Billa

u2daisyblue

Haley Whippet

HayGan

Barb

AinW

dani0622

Dropping in with a quick hello from Lake County, Florida......:wave:

If any of you have seen or heard about the severe brush fire in Lake County, Florida our place is just three miles from where the fire started. It was a bit scary our first night here. We could see the smoke several miles away as we were approaching our home, praying we found our place still standing. Over 1,000 acreas of brush has burned, but as of last report no homes or injuries have been reported, for this we are very grateful!!!

We did lose our electric for a few hours yesterday and our phone service was just restored this morning after being off for over 25 hours. The trip has been an adventure to say the least.........:laughing:

I am using my free Netzero account here and only get 10 hours of service a month, so I have to keep an eye on my time, this dial-up is sooooooooooooo slow and the minutes seem to fly by.

Still no word on our closing, I hope to hear something next week.

Bye for now.........:wave2:

Veranda Man- I had not heard that particular news but have been seeing the general problem FL has been having with fires- I am glad your place is good. Be safe- I hope these fires end already.

Fires were a problem in FL last May also- DH and I visited WDW in the beginning of May last year- we could often smell smoke in the air. There was a gray cloud on the horizon everyday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter