NOVEMBER 2012 Trip Planners Thread~ Everybody is Welcome~Part 3 already!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sitting here smiling listening to the loading music for the Haunted Mansion, picturing myself getting into one of those Doom Buggies!:tiptoe:

Hurry baaaaack, we've been dying to have you....:rotfl:

This must be my day for nostalgia. I'm listening to the music from Spectromagic now and I didn't realize how much I missed that parade! Hope it comes back soon. I love MSEP as well, but there's just something so special about Spectromagic!:goodvibes

Good Morning Everyone!! :goodvibes

Just back from a week in Williamsburg VA. We had a great time although I picked up a virus at end of trip and am just trying to get over it. Not fun. :(
Was so nice to share some great family time together as its been so long. Nice to have my Sarah home again. I really missed being here on the boards and there are so many pages I missed I will just pick it up from here. I did hear that BOG will begin serving on Nov. 20th so we will be there just barely to make it. Hoping to get a ADR for Thanksgiving on 11/22.

Hope everyone is doing well. Looking forward to our next big trip and that is DISNEY!!!!!

good morning everyone

spending the day look at resort maps and such.

want to get myself familiar with where all of our dining places are in parks and other hotels etc.

I have cancled my Spirt of Aloha dinner show in favor of a 1900 Park Fare dinner. I have scheduled a 1900 Park Fare breakfast for departure day. And I now have one last TS resturant to book. Now I have my heart set on an ADR for Rose & Crown that will allow us to watch Illiminations. Does anyone know what the latest seating is at Rose & Crown? Just wondering. Im hoping that we can get one late enough that we can at least be close to the bridge if not in the resturant.

Morning! I took DD16 to JCPenny yesterday for a haircut, so I browsed with the little girls while we waited. I ended up buying DD1 a 3pc set of Minnie pajamas for $5 and matching Mickey shirts for DD1 & DD5 for our AK day for $3 each. My store had a nice selection of Disney pajamas for $5 in 3T-10/12 sizes and a handful of different princess shirts for $3 in 4-6x sizes if anyone is still looking for clothes for their trip!

It's rained for the better part of this morning already & it's overcast out, I'm dreading going grocery & school shopping. Have a nice day!

We are getting soooo close to the end of the current discount (AP) period--8/14. I'm guessing/hoping Monday 8/13 we'll see a new discount! :dance3:

Good Morning Everyone!! :goodvibes

Just back from a week in Williamsburg VA. We had a great time although I picked up a virus at end of trip and am just trying to get over it. Not fun. :(
Was so nice to share some great family time together as its been so long. Nice to have my Sarah home again. I really missed being here on the boards and there are so many pages I missed I will just pick it up from here. I did hear that BOG will begin serving on Nov. 20th so we will be there just barely to make it. Hoping to get a ADR for Thanksgiving on 11/22.

Hope everyone is doing well. Looking forward to our next big trip and that is DISNEY!!!!!

So glad you had a nice trip, too bad about the virus! Enjoy your DDs!:goodvibes

good morning everyone

spending the day look at resort maps and such.

want to get myself familiar with where all of our dining places are in parks and other hotels etc.

That is the first thing I tell people I'm helping who have never been to Disney before...familiarize yourself with the parks! It makes such a difference! Plus your family thinks you're a genius.:rotfl: Good for you!!:cheer2:

I just got back from my grocery store where I bought my first $500 Disney gift card. They give 10 cents off per gallon of gas with a $50 purchase and right now they are giving 20 cents off each $50 when you purchase gift cards. I use my reward credit card, so I save in several ways. Can't beat that!:dance3:

Now I really have to get the stuff I'm taking to our reunion finished! Rainy day reunion's always get me down....:rotfl:

princesshope1982 said:
does anyone know where i can find a list of what characters are at the charachter dinners?

Allears.net has menu listings as well as prices & characters for every WDW meal

Hey Guys

I am going to POFQ on November 3rd to November 17th and wondered if I could be added to the list? :)

I will also be attending MVMCP on November 15th x

Thanks, Ashley x

This must be my day for nostalgia. I'm listening to the music from Spectromagic now and I didn't realize how much I missed that parade! Hope it comes back soon. I love MSEP as well, but there's just something so special about Spectromagic!:goodvibes

I TOTALLY agree. I won't even listen to my Spectro CD anymore because I know I can't see it this year and it makes me like MSEP less every time I listen to it and I don't want to dislike MSEP any more than I already do (just because I LOVE Spectro!)

I just got back from my grocery store where I bought my first $500 Disney gift card. They give 10 cents off per gallon of gas with a $50 purchase and right now they are giving 20 cents off each $50 when you purchase gift cards. I use my reward credit card, so I save in several ways. Can't beat that!:dance3:

Now I really have to get the stuff I'm taking to our reunion finished! Rainy day reunion's always get me down....:rotfl:

What grocery store? Thanks

I TOTALLY agree. I won't even listen to my Spectro CD anymore because I know I can't see it this year and it makes me like MSEP less every time I listen to it and I don't want to dislike MSEP any more than I already do (just because I LOVE Spectro!)

Do we know what they are going to do with it when it is done in WDW? Will it be coming back to CA? I want it to be over too, but only because I have never had the chance to see Spectro yet - by the time we came to WDW they had switched it over!:rolleyes:

kerriemiller said:
I have cancled my Spirt of Aloha dinner show in favor of a 1900 Park Fare dinner. I have scheduled a 1900 Park Fare breakfast for departure day. And I now have one last TS resturant to book. Now I have my heart set on an ADR for Rose & Crown that will allow us to watch Illiminations. Does anyone know what the latest seating is at Rose & Crown? Just wondering. Im hoping that we can get one late enough that we can at least be close to the bridge if not in the resturant.

They recommend a 7:45 ADR if you want to see Illuminations from R&C during your meal. We had a 7:50 last time and it worked out well. We arrived 15-20 minutes early and had to wait in line 10+ minutes just to check in, mixed in with walk-ups. I asked for an outside table so we could see Illuminations, and they said they couldn't promise anything. But when we finally got seated, we got a table out on the second-tier balcony, with a good view of the show. It started shortly after we got our entrees. They were closing down when we finished dessert. Grab that ADR now if you can get it.

I believe it closes at 9. Usually that's the same as the last ADR.

°o° Lace — Planning our second WDW adventure, 11/1-10 AoA-LM (Sent from my iPad using DISBoards)

oh no i have an ohana somewher but i cant remember where lol

daughter has veto'd sci fi and rainforest lol

so for a first time visit do you think its to much..not enough?

on our first visit we had only 5 adrs for a 6 day trip. I think you are fine:goodvibes

So I just changed our reservation. From CBR to POFQ. I hope I made a good move. Now I am second guessing myself. I really want POR, but nothing available. I just like the fact of the boat to DTD, and that it has queen size bed. It's a tight squeeze in a full size. I'm almost 6' tall. Oh and the price stayed the same :)

Yay! Good move!!! I think you will love the PO area! We do! We have only stayed in riverside but have passed through FQ and love the whole 'area' and if you get time you can venture to the Riverside pool. I know my kids wanna venture to the FQ pool

Planning our trip now!

November 11-18 at AKL :yay:

Is there a thread for ADR's somewhere?

No thread for ADR's but you can list them here if you want to share!

Hey Guys

I am going to POFQ on November 3rd to November 17th and wondered if I could be added to the list? :)

I will also be attending MVMCP on November 15th x

Thanks, Ashley x

:welcome: I will add you! :goodvibes

gonna update the list tonight...:faint: you guys have been mighty chatty today! Gotta catch up! I gotta work on making the girls countdown calendar. We have one to mark off the days BUT I want one where my DD's can take the mickey heads off. Off to make a list of what we need!

oh why oh why do I torture myself . . .

We are driving so we intent to use our car not the buses . . . so just for kicks cause we dont care where we stay as far as getting to things easier . . . If I switch from AoA to CBR I will save $1000.00 I wont have to upgrade from QS to DDP because that comes with the room. The room is close to $110 cheaper and comes with the upgraded DDP at no extra charge. I know I know AoA is a suite, and CBR has full size beds not queen, and the kids are just dying for the Lion King room but wow that is significate savings.

oh why oh why do I torture myself . . .

We are driving so we intent to use our car not the buses . . . so just for kicks cause we dont care where we stay as far as getting to things easier . . . If I switch from AoA to CBR I will save $1000.00 I wont have to upgrade from QS to DDP because that comes with the room. The room is close to $110 cheaper and comes with the upgraded DDP at no extra charge. I know I know AoA is a suite, and CBR has full size beds not queen, and the kids are just dying for the Lion King room but wow that is significate savings.

WOW!!!! What about POR/POFQ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter