NOVEMBER 2008 Code Watch...

Oh, yes, I realize that. :) We just had our room, 9 day base tickets and insurance at that cost. It is just the two of us.
So, with our numbers I used, I just wasn't sure we got a deal or just pretty much broke even, trading one code for another, about equal value. I sort of figure, the dgl total cost was 1613, no food. I added on 506, for 2120 total now, for room, tickets, insurance, and food. So, I look at it as we are spending about 500 on food basically. Deal or not a deal for 2, (myself and dd18)?

I'm sure that food will cost you more than $500 for the two of you, especially for the time you are staying. I mean there are a lot of ways to cut costs and such, but I do believe the two of you would spend more than $500. I gave give you a basic breakdown of our expenses for the two of us:

Arrive: Breakfast @ McD's, Lunch we are gonna skip, and dinner at Planet Hollywood with $15 voucher. We will also purchase refillable mugs.
Magic Kingdom: Breakfast @ Main St Bakery, Lunch @ Pecos Bill's, Snack @ wherever, Dinner @ WCC.
Epcot: Breakfast (we'll pick up something @ Pop to go that can sit in our bags for a lil while until after we ride MS), Lunch @ Sunshine Seasons, Dinner @ Tangerine Cafe. I think we'll get popcorn for a snack here... I want that bucket!
Animal Kingdom: Breakfast @ Pop, Lunch @ Flame Tree & Dinner @ Ohana.
Day Off: Breakfast @ Boma, Lunch @ Earl of Sandwich, Dinner @ Pop. Snack wherever
Epcot: Breakfast @ Pop, Lunch @ Cantina, Dinner @ Teppan Edo. Snack at the French bakery.
Disney Studios: Breakfast @ Pop, Lunch @ Backlot Express, Dinner @ Pop. Snack at Min & Bill's.
Leave: Breakfast @ Pop, Lunch @ airport, Dinner wherever when we get off the plane.

Most CS I have us sharing a large soda. The only CS we share food is at Flame Tree and Tangerine Cafe. Most breakfasts we are only getting grab and go foods so we can eat them while waiting for the bus.

And for all that food its costing around $600 for the two of us.

How does someone contact disney destinations? I am going 10/29 -11/3 2008. I have never used disney destinations and I am interested in checking them out. I have made my flight reservations, but I need to get my hotel and park tickets.
Stacie

I'm sure that food will cost you more than $500 for the two of you, especially for the time you are staying. I mean there are a lot of ways to cut costs and such, but I do believe the two of you would spend more than $500. I gave give you a basic breakdown of our expenses for the two of us:

Arrive: Breakfast @ McD's, Lunch we are gonna skip, and dinner at Planet Hollywood with $15 voucher. We will also purchase refillable mugs.
Magic Kingdom: Breakfast @ Main St Bakery, Lunch @ Pecos Bill's, Snack @ wherever, Dinner @ WCC.
Epcot: Breakfast (we'll pick up something @ Pop to go that can sit in our bags for a lil while until after we ride MS), Lunch @ Sunshine Seasons, Dinner @ Tangerine Cafe. I think we'll get popcorn for a snack here... I want that bucket!
Animal Kingdom: Breakfast @ Pop, Lunch @ Flame Tree & Dinner @ Ohana.
Day Off: Breakfast @ Boma, Lunch @ Earl of Sandwich, Dinner @ Pop. Snack wherever
Epcot: Breakfast @ Pop, Lunch @ Cantina, Dinner @ Teppan Edo. Snack at the French bakery.
Disney Studios: Breakfast @ Pop, Lunch @ Backlot Express, Dinner @ Pop. Snack at Min & Bill's.
Leave: Breakfast @ Pop, Lunch @ airport, Dinner wherever when we get off the plane.

Most CS I have us sharing a large soda. The only CS we share food is at Flame Tree and Tangerine Cafe. Most breakfasts we are only getting grab and go foods so we can eat them while waiting for the bus.

And for all that food its costing around $600 for the two of us.

I guess you are right that we would have spent more than 500 on food. Especially seeing your breakdown of food for the two of you, thanks for sending that! I just go back and forth on that, and though we don't really go overboard or out of control, I know that we could certainly scrimp and spend less if we had to. Last year, after we had been home a while I was curious and I added our receipts we had saved, though it probably wasn't all of them. It was about 600. I think that if they were just doing free dining and not giving some discount on the room(even though they said there wasn't any room discount), the original room deal, dgl, would have been better for us, and we could have watched the food cost more. Rack rate with free dining was supposed to be 2282 or so and we are actually paying 2120, so about a 162 'room' discount, about 18 - 19 less a day. So, I guess that makes this a better deal, cause had I decided to add dining with our dgl code, it would have been 162 more than what it is. And I did go back and forth on that a bit, but the gratuities are what finally made me decide not to. Anyway, sorry to keep babbling, sometimes I just need to talk it out to get it figured out and understand! :rolleyes:

Btw, does your 600 include gratuities? If not, how much do you have budgeted for that? Okay, thanks again! :goodvibes

How does someone contact disney destinations? I am going 10/29 -11/3 2008. I have never used disney destinations and I am interested in checking them out. I have made my flight reservations, but I need to get my hotel and park tickets.
Stacie

I don't think you actually "use" Disney Destinations. As far as I know they just send me emails. I'm not exactly sure what I did to get involved with it but I can tell you a few things: 1) register with disney.com and mark that you want to get emails about the theme parks, 2) order a planning video and if it asks mark that you want to get emails about the parks, 3) when the planning video comes, there's a post card that asks if you want to order a planning video, send it back out and mark that you want to receive emails about the parks. (Yes I have like 3 or 4 planning videos.)

I guess you are right that we would have spent more than 500 on food. Especially seeing your breakdown of food for the two of you, thanks for sending that! I just go back and forth on that, and though we don't really go overboard or out of control, I know that we could certainly scrimp and spend less if we had to. Last year, after we had been home a while I was curious and I added our receipts we had saved, though it probably wasn't all of them. It was about 600. I think that if they were just doing free dining and not giving some discount on the room(even though they said there wasn't any room discount), the original room deal, dgl, would have been better for us, and we could have watched the food cost more. Rack rate with free dining was supposed to be 2282 or so and we are actually paying 2120, so about a 162 'room' discount, about 18 - 19 less a day. So, I guess that makes this a better deal, cause had I decided to add dining with our dgl code, it would have been 162 more than what it is. And I did go back and forth on that a bit, but the gratuities are what finally made me decide not to. Anyway, sorry to keep babbling, sometimes I just need to talk it out to get it figured out and understand! :rolleyes:

Btw, does your 600 include gratuities? If not, how much do you have budgeted for that? Okay, thanks again! :goodvibes

Yes gratuities are included. The only things not included in that price is alcoholic bevs, but DDP wouldn't cover them anyways.

I just read on intercot about a new code. It seems to be an extension of the fall discount that expired yesterday. I wasn't able to use it at the Poly, but it is a vailid code b/c the CM told me I could use it at AKL.

Here is the link:

http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=143055

They did this last year also... they offered one deal and then when it expired they offered another discount, but not as deep.

If it were an extension, it would be the same rates, but its not. It's just a new discount code.

thanks for the code from intercot (still not sure if we can list codes) was able to get BWI $265 ($298 with tax) 11/22 for one night before checking into BWV. Makes moving the next morning a snap. :banana:

Siging off from the Nov list - We moved to December with free dining.

For those looking at the new BWI code, it's a very good code for deluxe with a better discount than the fall package. But actually a worse deal for values and mods.

I haven't priced out the new package discount but I priced out the room only discount for my trip. For all of you who don't know or remember this is my trip details:
Nov 11 - 18
2 adults
Pop Century Standard Room
5 day base MYW ticket

The room only discount priced us out at $633 for the room. Add $472.86 for the cost of park tickets and the total comes to $1105.86.

Currently I have a PIN code that I received via email: $847.78

I had a courtyard room w/bunk beds at WL booked for one night AAA rate, Nov. 21 at a rate of $359.....Well, I called this AM with a code and my rate is now, 190 + tax......granted we changed to a woods view with 2 queen beds, but, I am only going to be there for the MVMCP, so who cares :) My dh is so excited that I saved $145!!!!! I was praying for a code!!!

I was a little late on the draw for room only public code NYB, but I persisted. Just got it applied to my stay over Thanksgiving at AKL club level. Saved $450 just for the phone call...no adjustments to my accomodations needed!

Siging off from the Nov list - We moved to December with free dining.

For those looking at the new BWI code, it's a very good code for deluxe with a better discount than the fall package. But actually a worse deal for values and mods.

Is BWI a current code?

ILMICKEY Oct 31 - Nov 8 Pop
magicalfoursome Oct 31 - Nov 8 BC
lynn71092 Nov 1 - Nov 5 Pop
ralphie Nov 2 - Nov 8 Pop
veraletta Nov 2 - Nov 11 ASMo
izzys4 Nov 3 - Nov 10 ASMo
ahappydisneymommy Nov 5 - Nov 11 AKL
momof1+1+2 Nov 6 - Nov 10 OKW
Donald is #1 Nov 6 - Nov 7 - Nov 11 WL - AKV
moaddi Nov 6 - Nov 12 POFQ
MariaEllerOoO Nov 7 - Nov 10 Pop
rcraw45425 Nov 7 - Nov 10 BC
Dawn68PA Nov 7 - Nov 8 - Nov 15 ASMo - AKL
Hmom Nov 7 - Nov 15 ASMo
OhMari Nov 7 - Nov 8 - Nov 10 - Nov 15 Pop - BWV - POR
jj4 Nov 8 - Nov 10 POFQ
disneychick0412 Nov 8 - Nov 15 ASSp
orlosipher Nov 8 - Nov 15 CSR
EdCrbSoul Nov 8 - Nov 16 WL
3darlings Nov 9 - Nov 15 ASMu
DebbyLof428 Nov 9 - Nov 13 - Nov 17 GF - Poly
budbeerlady Nov 10 - Nov 17 Pop
BeckWhy Nov 11 - Nov 18 Pop
GofFreak Nov 11 - Nov 18 CSR
soontobewed07 Nov 11 - Nov 18 POFQ
hlrababy Nov 12 - Nov 16 ASMo
Carolinagirl77 Nov 13 - Nov 17 Pop
twinkleintc Nov 13 - Nov 19 POFQ
Minniekins Nov 14 - Nov 23 CBR
sharibrat Nov 15 - Nov 22 CBR
cruellababy Nov 16 - Nov 20 Pop
MikkiM Nov 16 - Nov 21 Pop
dramaticmissy Nov 17 - Nov 23 Pop
mwollerson Nov 20 - 24 POFQ
kadesha Nov 20 - Nov 25 Pop
tinkercat Nov 20 - 27 Pop
rlnlandal Nov 20 - Nov 29 CBR
YesMickey Nov 21 - Nov 26 POR
MPS4124 Nov 21 - Nov 28 Pop
3boys4me Nov 21 - Nov 29 CSR
mistydooles Nov 21 - Nov 29 CSR
eyor44 Nov 22 - Nov 29 WL
place513 Nov 23 - Nov 28 CBR
DisneyBarlans Nov 23 - Nov 30 ASSp
mikkiwikki Nov 23 - Nov 30 Pop
mitchwebb Nov 23 - Nov 28 - Dec 2 BWV - Poly
StaceyA Nov 24 - Dec 1 CSR
fairestoneofall Nov 25 - Dec 2 CSR - GF
MomWith2Cinderellas Nov 28 - Dec 6 CR
merryg Nov 28 - Dec 7 POFQ
janloz Nov 29 - Dec 6 Pop
sirwiltor Nov 29 - Dec 6 Pop
Praise2Him Nov 30 - Dec 3 ASSp
sraiford Nov 30 - Nov 6 POR

I just want to remind everyone the new list is a confirmed list of dates and hotels. If you have not yet confirmed with me your dates or hotel, I have not placed you on the list.

Okay, my trip is brought and paid for and I used the code for $49.00/night at pop, great deal with 5 days myway and dining for 1293.75 for One adult 2 kids
I was finally able to use my Disney Visa but found out the same tickets and Hotel would have been 1373.00 with free dining! glad I got my first code!

I just want to remind everyone the new list is a confirmed list of dates and hotels. If you have not yet confirmed with me your dates or hotel, I have not placed you on the list.

hey there the extended family and i will be there november 1-6 @ POR

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter