November '08 ~ What Do You Mean It's Over? Should we plan another???

Getting close now..... just 5 days until 12 days in Disney!
12 days from now..... very much up in the air. We're going to Hollywood Studios at some point, but for how long is uncertain. I definitely want to try Toy Story, though! Breakfast is by ear, after breakfast is by ear.... lots by ear (though in truth, we're not locked in to any of our "plans." We have an ADR at Brown Derby at 6.00, though, and after that, we were thinking we might have drinks at Raglan Road. But then again we may just have a swim. Whatever, we'll be in Disney World, there's fun around every corner.....:goodvibes

Thanks :) I was hoping to get my next installment done, today but my DD is home sick today :( So I haven't had much time to work on it.

Well I hope she feels better! Besides, I'm not one to criticize the pace of reporting.
Incidentally, I suspect that if a cake were to be baked in an oven with it's icing already upon it, said icing would melt and burn and, ultimately, cause a fire. Which could be further dangerous to Minnie, who may not notice the smoke, so busy is she in calling Mickey 42 times a day and in general waiting on him hand and foot......:rotfl2:

I-81 south bound is currently closed in Virginia from Exit 272 and north. Exit 272 is approximately 43 miles south of where I live and there is a 25 car pile up as well as 3 tractor trailers involved in the accident. If you're currently driving that route you might want to take Exit 315, then on to Rt. 50 East, 17 South to I-95 South.

Please everyone be safe in your travels!!!

I'm in the airport waiting!! Man if I knew I was delayed I could have packed better!! Yep I threw things together. If you see a womot matching too well starting on Saturday it might be me!!

from right this minute I will probably be heading to my nice turned down bed at AKL :D

And the next morning will be our Keys to the Kingdom tour. Hoping that the forecast of rain changes. Here's hoping we ALLL have a dry WDW vaca!

teedisney? how is it you have internet access at the airport? hmmmmmm?

I'm so excited, I don't know how I'll sleep. :cool1: :cool1:

Just a few more things to take care of and the packing is done!:thumbsup2

Thanks to everyone on the dis, I'm sure this will be a great Thanksgiving holiday for our family. :lovestruc :lovestruc

Just four days to go before our 12 day trip!
12 days from now we're having breakfast at Whispering Canyon. Then I think there might be a brief excursion into the Magic Kingdom, but I won't be staying too long because I have a 2.00 tee time at Osprey Ridge! The girls are going to have tea at the Grand Floridian (hmmm.... talk about gender roles....), and when the sun goes down, we're meeting back at the Beach Club for what probably will be a casual dinner at Beaches and Cream (after I have a swim). Later that night is up in the air, but I might suggest Illuminations be the central activity around which to navigate.....:goodvibes

One week from now we should be in DTD having dinner at T-Rex. Hopefully it will be dry. I'm going crazy checking and re-checking the weather

One week from now I will be enjoying the world with my dh, dd (7), dnephew, and my mom. The last two have never been before. I am so excited to share one of my passions with them!! :cool1:

One week from now we will probably be at the WDW Speedway so that DH and DBIL can enjoy the Ride A Long experience! :car:

DH is SO excited about it! DBIL doesn't know yet...it's going to be a late b-day present/early Christmas present and we're surprising him with it when we get to the track. Right now he just thinks he's joining us to watch DH enjoy the experience! I can't wait to see his reaction when he finds out he's going to!

We're back. Had a great time of course. Weather was cooler than I expected but we packed sweaters and extra jeans so we were good. The absolute best thing we did was the the Around the World at Epcot on a Segway. I cannot believe how much fun it was. You spend the first hour learning how to use it and then spend the next hour touring the World Showcase with a tour guide. We will do it again with the kids when they are old enough. It was such a thrill to be zipping through each country before it actually opened and wave at the crowds when the doors finally opened. Loved it!

We haven't been since 2005 and the kids were not interested in Epcot but this time, they really enjoyed it. My DD14 thought the shop in the Japan Pavillion was awesome. It's all Hello Kitty and other anime. Definitely a must see for kids.

We had very low crowds and walked onto most rides. We even got dreamed when we were the first to ride Expedition Everest. Everyone got YOMD mouse ears! We only saw the dream team at Animal Kingdom.

Have a great time to everyone leaving soon!

Just popping in to say hi. :) I am N10CJT's girlfriend, and his talking about the boards has finally gotten me to sign up.

In THREE DAYS we will be at the Beach Club! After the frigid temperatures in Albany, NY, I am looking forward to milder weather and sunshine.

Not to mention, the big slide and the sandy bottom at Stormalong Bay!

:cool1: :thumbsup2

Just popping in to say hi. :) I am N10CJT's girlfriend, and his talking about the boards has finally gotten me to sign up.

In THREE DAYS we will be at the Beach Club! After the frigid temperatures in Albany, NY, I am looking forward to milder weather and sunshine.

:welcome: to the boards and to our thread! We've never stayed at the Beach Club, but before they changed the pool hopping rules, we went swimming in that pool...it's a really cool experience. I guess originally that pool had live fish in it that you actually swam with, but something kept going wrong with the filtration system so they discontinued the fish. At least that's what we were told by a CM when we asked about the sand in the pool. Enjoy your trip to WDW!!! I know I will! :banana:

Yup, 3 days until my (and irisira's) 12 day trip to Disney!
12 days from now..... again, way up in the air. Possibly Kona for breakfast. Then fill in the blanks. I thought perhaps that we might go to the Magic Kingdom if we were at the Polynesian, and later on go to Epcot. Or maybe try for three parks? (Or four.... can it be done?). In any case, we have an ADR for Chef's de France at 6.00, and afterwards my mother would really like us to join everyone for the Candlelight Processional. After that, there's Epcot EMH. If we haven't watched Illuminations by then, we certainly will that night. Should be an interesting day!

We're back. Had a great time of course. Weather was cooler than I expected but we packed sweaters and extra jeans so we were good. The absolute best thing we did was the the Around the World at Epcot on a Segway. I cannot believe how much fun it was. You spend the first hour learning how to use it and then spend the next hour touring the World Showcase with a tour guide. We will do it again with the kids when they are old enough. It was such a thrill to be zipping through each country before it actually opened and wave at the crowds when the doors finally opened. Loved it!

We haven't been since 2005 and the kids were not interested in Epcot but this time, they really enjoyed it. My DD14 thought the shop in the Japan Pavillion was awesome. It's all Hello Kitty and other anime. Definitely a must see for kids.

We had very low crowds and walked onto most rides. We even got dreamed when we were the first to ride Expedition Everest. Everyone got YOMD mouse ears! We only saw the dream team at Animal Kingdom.

Have a great time to everyone leaving soon!

Welcome back :) sounds like you had a great time :thumbsup2

Welcome! So glad he was able to get you on the Dis :)
You guys are going to have a fabulous trip, I'm sure of it.

We're back

The first week was warmer than I expected, and the second was cooler. But, hey, we were in Disney World! It was just an excuse to buy some new jackets, sweaters, and long sleeve shirts. There are no real problems in WDW!

Saw the transition to Christmas as the Wilderness Lodge (overnight), at Epcot (last we saw, the tree was up and the Lights of Winter were half done, but that was last Wednesday), at the Studios (tree up, star decorations out, etc.), and at AK (tree up). No tree at MK yet, but it is otherwise 100% Christmas of course.

We also got to experience Food & Wine for the first time, the day of our arrival. We had some really interesting and good food, and look forward to our trip next year in October, when we'll be able to experience F&W fully.

My parents had a great time when they were there the first week. We ran them a little ragged, though. Next time, I would do only 1 ADR every two days, and schedule more down time. It was just too much for them at times, but they did enjoy the attractions and the nighttime spectaculars. Especially Illuminations. (Unfortunately, there was no wind at all the night we saw Fantasmic!, so you couldn't see anything through the firework smoke at the end, thus ruining the Mickey disappear/reappear/disappear finale.)

I'm inundated at work right now, so I don't have time to post any more details. Suffice it to say that it was a great, great trip! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter