Nothing Can Stop Us Now! The End! Well almost, quick recap of Jan 22 trip! Update on April trip 4/21*

Crazy prices! You don’t want to be worrying about them cancelling on you either so good choice with POFQ for sure!
It really was, we loved it there, despite no housekeeping ugh!
We stayed there years ago and I loved it! Such a fun resort and while I’ve never eaten a Beignet I’ve seen photos and sounds like a good enough reaso
The Beignets yummy!
So many people I know are saying they are heading over to Universal for the main part of their trip as Disney is just taking the Mick with all the extra charges/prix fixe menus/ resort costs. Seems like we are paying a lot more for a lot less and that makes me sad too.
Disney is crazy with all the changes, we loved our time at USO this trip, less busy and beautiful decorations
I hope you're having a great trip! I'm so sorry our time in Disney didn't match up. We love FQ too. I could really go for some Mickey Beignets. I can't wait to read your report from this trip.
We did and we loved our stay at FQ and we did enjoy some Beignets

I am pretty behind, but it sounds like the August trip was really great despite some hiccups, and you made the best of it! Moving resorts so many times sounds like quite the adventure, but a fun way to see more of the resort! Hope you are having a great trip right now, I was guessing it would be POFQ! Hope you get beignets! I will be interested to hear what you think of Genie+ and the shorter trip. My next two trips are only 5 and 4 nights and that is shorter than I am used to as well.
The moving around was a little much in August! I still would do 2 resorts at Disney especially with the lack of housekeeping. It really irks me about that!
We did stay at FQ and really enjoyed it! The trip went by fast, we really had a good time!

Highlights from our latest trip

Trip dates 12/1-12/3 Universal Studios Florida and 12/3-12/7 at Walt Disney World.

This was a very fun trip. The crowds were crazy at Disney World and much more manageable at Universal Studios.

Despite all the crowds and busy shorter trip, it was so much fun.

Both resorts know how to immerse you into Christmas! This was wonderful! We loved all the decorations!

Universal Studios Resort

We loved our time at USO. Our resort was beautiful. We stayed at Portofino Bay. Our room was very nice, clean, and we had a beautiful view of the piazza. The waterway and the big beautiful tree were outside our window. We were close to the boat transportation, Starbucks, and the other shops.

We spent time at both parks, watched the parade, checked out the Christmas Tribute store, decorations, and Citywalk.

We had food from Sal’s Market, CowFish, and Antojitos.

I got donuts from Vodoo and macarons from Toothsome’s Chocolate Emporium. We rode Hagrid’s again and loved it!

We used the boat transportation most of the time and it was always quick and efficient.

Our room was comfortable and very quiet at night.

The weather was beautiful! We felt the crowds at Universal were very manageable.

We had some adult beverages and enjoyed our food choices.

We spent some time talking to some of The Who’s from Whoville.

I didn’t get to meet the Grinch, we ran out of time.

We really enjoyed our time at Universal. I would definitely stay at Portofino Bay again!

Now I will spam you with a bunch of pictures!

Park time
IMG_Dec122021at12117PM.jpg
IMG_Dec122021at12226PM.jpg
IMG_Dec122021at12309PM.jpg
IMG_Dec122021at12404PM.jpg
IMG_Dec122021at12446PM.jpg
IMG_Dec122021at12715PM.jpg

Parade
IMG_Dec122021at12945PM.jpg
IMG_Dec122021at13033PM.jpg
IMG_Dec122021at13120PM.jpg
IMG_Dec122021at13205PM.jpg

Continued in the next post!

Food and beverage pictures
Sitting on the pier at Universal our first night, beautiful weather!
IMG_Dec122021at14209PM.jpg
IMG_Dec122021at14251PM.jpg
Antojitos dinner
IMG_Dec122021at14130PM.jpg
IMG_Dec122021at14407PM.jpg
IMG_Dec122021at14448PM.jpg

Pizza from Sal’s Market
IMG_Dec122021at14331PM.jpg

CowFish
Deep fried pickles yummy
IMG_Dec122021at14601PM.jpg
Andi had a cranberry and vodka
IMG_Dec122021at14532PM.jpg
Sesame chicken, very good
IMG_Dec122021at14634PM.jpg
Vegetable sushi and shrimp tempura sushi
IMG_Dec122021at14717PM.jpg

we enjoyed all our food. Everything was very good and service was awesome!

Despite all the crowds and busy shorter trip, it was so much fun.
Welcome back! Glad you had a fun time. :)
Both resorts know how to immerse you into Christmas! This was wonderful! We loved all the decorations!
:goodvibes
We spent some time talking to some of The Who’s from Whoville.
:laughing:
Didn't know that was possible. Imagine it'd be a Hoot to speak with a Who from Whoville.
I didn’t get to meet the Grinch, we ran out of time.
That's okay. I hear he can be a bit... grouchy.
IMG_Dec122021at12226PM.jpg
Is it just me, or is that unicorn's rear hoof... badly sprained at least.
Really like this pic!
Looks like a lot of fun!
squirrel xmas.gif

squirrel.gif
Hot Butter Beer, delicious my favorite now!
Really! Now I super want to try it!
Antojitos dinner
How was that???
Deep fried pickles yummy
mmm... yes please!
View from our window, there was a company party this evening
You got a Christmas tree right outside your window![/QUOTE]

We loved our time at USO. Our resort was beautiful. We stayed at Portofino Bay. Our room was very nice, clean, and we had a beautiful view of the piazza. The waterway and the big beautiful tree were outside our window. We were close to the boat transportation, Starbucks, and the other shops.

We spent time at both parks, watched the parade, checked out the Christmas Tribute store, decorations, and Citywalk.
You are making me say something I thought I'd never say...I think I want to check out Universal!

Welcome back! Glad you had a fun time.
:thanks: It really was a nice trip! Very busy at WDW, more to come on that
Didn't know that was possible. Imagine it'd be a Hoot to speak with a Who from Whoville.
I didn’t either that is why no pictures, I was in awe how much these TM’s looked like The Who people and so friendly talking to us all about Christmas and all their decorations. I wish I would have got a picture!
That's okay. I hear he can be a bit... grouchy.
Yes he is funny and creepy at the same time, lol 😂
Is it just me, or is that unicorn's rear hoof... badly sprained at least.
Oh my gosh, I didn’t even notice until you said that. It does look sprained and very weirdly positioned!
Really like this pic!
Thanks!
Really! Now I super want to try it!
Oh my gosh, put it on your list it is so delicious. Love it!
How was that???
It was good, we shared the chicken fajitas. The margaritas and chips and salsa were the best part! I have had better fajitas!
mmm... yes please!
These were so good, best ones I have had so far! The breading was just right, not to thick
You got a Christmas tree right outside your window
It was so pretty to have the big tree outside our window!
I forgot to tell the story about Earl the Squirrel. He is a mascot at Universal. The tale is he was in the big Christmas tree chewing on the lights and gulp was electrocuted yikes! If you look at the big tree for awhile he does poke out of the tree, lol! The gingerbread cookie of Earl the Squirrel was very tasty and very soft

You are making me say something I thought I'd never say...I think I want to check out Universal!
Yay, you really should, it is a fun time, I like it more and more each time I visit and at this time of year it was awesome!

:thanks: It really was a nice trip! Very busy at WDW, more to come on that
popcorn::
I didn’t either that is why no pictures, I was in awe how much these TM’s looked like The Who people and so friendly talking to us all about Christmas and all their decorations. I wish I would have got a picture!
Of course they were friendly... They're Whos!
Yes he is funny and creepy at the same time, lol 😂
:laughing:
Oh my gosh, put it on your list it is so delicious. Love it!
Lady, it's on my list!
It was good, we shared the chicken fajitas. The margaritas and chips and salsa were the best part! I have had better fajitas!
Good to know. :)
I forgot to tell the story about Earl the Squirrel. He is a mascot at Universal. The tale is he was in the big Christmas tree chewing on the lights and gulp was electrocuted yikes! If you look at the big tree for awhile he does poke out of the tree, lol!
:lmao:

Wow! Great photos! Gotta love those blue Florida skies especially in December. You and Andi look like you are having so much fun. Having a Christmas tree right outside your window really is the icing on the cake. I agree with Susan, definitely want to check out Universal again.

Welcome home! Glad to hear you had a wonderful holiday trip to the parks. You both look like you were having a great time in Universal, and your room at Portifino looked very nice. And those donuts.... :love: :rotfl:

Caroline, I have so enjoyed reading about your time at UOR.

Everything looked perfect for you and Andi I`m so glad to read.......your pictures are so much fun and both of you always look so happy. Your food and drinks all look so appealing too......

We never got to visit PB for Sal`s amazing pizza this time as we were trying to cram a month long visit into a much shorter 2 week trip and yes, the PB tree is gorgeous outside, glad you had a nice view of it and your room was lovely.

We were so annoyed we missed you by such a short time frame.....we were there!!!! Right by where you were and we must have missed you by about 15 or 20 minutes........

Hope the ankle is much better now and I`m always so happy to hear of folks enjoying UOR.......:wave2:

Caroline, in your Intro. you sound just DW and me. We also no longer care to spend an entire day from rope drop to close in the any of the parks, even my favorite AK. It's so much nicer to sleep in and go after having a leisurely breakfast, especially like the ones we had at Ale & Compass, Trattoria El Forno, and at the Grand Floridian Cafe on our latest trip. Isn't Hogwarts great. We love butter beer, the ice cream shop (our local coffee shop at home has Lavender and Earl Grey scones) and Hagrid's motorcycle ride. Your food pictures from Universal are making me hungry!

Finally got to read about your trip! Sorry to hear about your ankle injury. How are you feeling these days?

We do enjoy our Universal time as much as our Disney time, glad you do as well! I wish we’d been able to go down for Christmastime this year, it’s so magical!

Welcome home!

I really enjoyed your Universal recap. It sounds like it was perfect.

I love fried pickles too. I thought it was only a Southern thing.

Wow! Great photos! Gotta love those blue Florida skies especially in December. You and Andi look like you are having so much fun. Having a Christmas tree right outside your window really is the icing on the cake. I agree with Susan, definitely want to check out Universal again.
This was such a fun 2 nights at Universal and the weather, omg was absolutely beautiful with the bright blue skies.
Our room view was amazing and Christmas decorations everywhere, loved it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter