No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try. - ToT 10 Miler & F&W - Updated 12/21

I will have to take a look at your reviews. I know she has wanted to try the Flying Fish, so maybe that would work.

Flying Fish was one of the best put together signature events I've done. Plus it was Moet & Chandon Champagne with each of the courses. I should open the mini bottles they gave us one of these days.

How exciting! I hope your waitlist comes through. I have yet to waitlist anything... but I am told that 1 night gives you far better chance of having it come through.

I have waitlisted a couple times - one to get the first night of our October trip last year to BLT & it came through and for my last minute short trip the first weekend of November I had waitlisted both BWV and VWL and my VWL came through. Each time it was only single night ones. Crossing my fingers this one works as well ><

I can understand. I have a trip planned for next year that would work way better if it were just a couple nights. Since it is all the way across the country it has to be longer. So I hope to make it a 5 night trip.. but it still seems like quite the distance to travel so who knows if I will actually be able to make it work. So...yeah, a girl HAS to be able to dream a bit. ;)

As for Avengers...and that weekend. OMG! Why that weekend???? Now I have to choose which race I want to run that weekend. :confused3 I think I have decided. I just really wish that I did not have to choose. :sad2:

Sadly, I just don't have the excess vacation time to make it a longer trip. I'm lucky with some of my trips, I get every other Friday off at work so I try to schedule my travel around those dates to best use my vacation hours but with a trip to San Diego scheduled for April & the cruise over Labor Day & the couple days prior to ToT 10 Miler take that time. We'll see what happens though - I have 3.5 weeks to decide if I'm going to go solo or not for such a short trip and if we can swing it financially with the other plans.

I have a feeling that race is going to split people between it and Las Vegas seeing as they are so close.

With yesterday's announcement I think my plans for that weekend are changing. We just have to get the dh on board to do DL instead of vegas. Thank goodness I have a few weeks to work on him!:rotfl2:

It is a long trip for a weekend...but its Disney right?

Can't wait to hear about your stay at BC...that is where I am looking at for PHM2015! Top of our list, now if the budget will allow.

You will have those Louboutins before you know it! Keep up the great work!

Yay for plans changing! Hope you can get your husband to agree to it.

I got 3.5 weeks to decide if I want to spend that money on it.

I haven't stayed at BC since I was a child & my parents were paying for things so I'm happy to stay there again.

Stayed at the Beach Club Villas for the Wine & Dine last year. Can you believe that the ONLY time I finally get to BCV and I never found time to make it to Stormalong Bay?!?!? I'm so mad at myself!! :)

I wonder how much this Marvel half will draw people from the Las Vegas one? I bet Marvel sells out in lighting speed............ or should I say, super hero speed?!?! Bawhahahwhahaha!!!

I used to love Stormalong Bay as a child! I wish more of the hotels had such an awesome swimming area.

I think its going to sell out super quick as well. I have a feeling it will split at lot of the Cali residents at least.

Flying Fish was one of the best put together signature events I've done. Plus it was Moet & Chandon Champagne with each of the courses. I should open the mini bottles they gave us one of these days.

DD, does love champagne. :goodvibes

I have waitlisted a couple times - one to get the first night of our October trip last year to BLT & it came through and for my last minute short trip the first weekend of November I had waitlisted both BWV and VWL and my VWL came through. Each time it was only single night ones. Crossing my fingers this one works as well ><

I think the entire waitlist is just stressful..... "will it come through? Will it not?..." :confused3 I am sure I am going to have to for fall... I just want to have my rooms nailed down already. What day is your 7 month mark? Mine is on saturday. Is member services even open on saturday? :confused:

Sadly, I just don't have the excess vacation time to make it a longer trip. I'm lucky with some of my trips, I get every other Friday off at work so I try to schedule my travel around those dates to best use my vacation hours but with a trip to San Diego scheduled for April & the cruise over Labor Day & the couple days prior to ToT 10 Miler take that time. We'll see what happens though - I have 3.5 weeks to decide if I'm going to go solo or not for such a short trip and if we can swing it financially with the other plans.

Well, if it is what you want to do.. I hope it works for you. :goodvibes

I have a feeling that race is going to split people between it and Las Vegas seeing as they are so close.

I do too. I already was going to give up a race I have done 2 years in a row that I adore to do the vegas RnR half... but that wasn't hard decision. This was far harder. So weird that there are so many races THAT weekend.

I think the entire waitlist is just stressful..... "will it come through? Will it not?..." :confused3 I am sure I am going to have to for fall... I just want to have my rooms nailed down already. What day is your 7 month mark? Mine is on saturday. Is member services even open on saturday? :confused:

Waitlist is stressful but its that or moving around hotels during the trip. My 7 month mark is Saturday as well. Member services is open on Saturday around 9AM EST. You should be able to deal with the online stuff now as I was able to do mine around 7AM EST.

I do too. I already was going to give up a race I have done 2 years in a row that I adore to do the vegas RnR half... but that wasn't hard decision. This was far harder. So weird that there are so many races THAT weekend.

That is weird that is so much going on that weekend in terms of bigger races. But I guess its the last weekend before holiday season really gets going for people.

7 Month Window

Well, I wasn't able to get my full trip moved to an EPCOT Hotel. But I was able to get Sept 30th to October 4 at the Boardwalk in a Garden View Room. On Tuesday, I get to try to wait list from October 4th to 5th for another Boardwalk Garden View Room. Here's to hoping another wait list comes through!

Now I need to call Member Services later today to adjust my AKV reservation and remove September 30th to October 4th since I can't do that online without canceling the whole reservation.

So current hotel plans:

9/18 to 9/20 - Beach Club Villa Studio
9/20 to 9/21 - Unknown - Current Waitlist at Beach Club Villa Studio. If it doesn't come through, either Swan/Dolphin or normal Beach Club Room

9/30 to 10/4 - Boardwalk Villas Studio - Garden or Pool View
10/4 to 10/5 - AKV Value Studio - Waitlist for Boardwalk Garden or Pool View to come

10/30 to 11/2 - Villas at Grand Floridian Studio - Standard View

~~~

Running Update:

Today my husband & I are meeting up with some of my coworkers for sprint work around 9AM. This will be the first time I've done sprints since like high school.

Then we'll be going shopping. I want to stop by the running store to get fitted for new running shoes.

crossing my fingers that you get what you want...I LOVE THE BW! So jealous of your GF stay.

Yay new running shoes today :love:...good luck with the sprints....:worship:

When I called to reserve yesterday I got prices for Boardwalk and FQ. I just couldn't justify the almost 1K more to stay at Boardwalk (not vacation members unfortunately- I wish!) so we are officially at French Quarter.

Perhaps since this is a 'villians' race... you can host a running pre-part event at the Boardwalk pool with the scary IT clown slide. It fits the theme. Hahahaha!! :)

I am jealous you are staying on the Boardwalk though. I plan to be over there enjoying Jellyrolls AT LEAST one night (maybe 2!!)

crossing my fingers that you get what you want...I LOVE THE BW! So jealous of your GF stay.

Yay new running shoes today :love:...good luck with the sprints....:worship:

Thanks for the finger cross! I hope the wait lists come through as well.

Sprints were good. I'm totally the slowest of our group but at least I went and kept up for everything but the weird walks (Bear Crawls, Crab Walks or Burpees)

When I called to reserve yesterday I got prices for Boardwalk and FQ. I just couldn't justify the almost 1K more to stay at Boardwalk (not vacation members unfortunately- I wish!) so we are officially at French Quarter.

Perhaps since this is a 'villians' race... you can host a running pre-part event at the Boardwalk pool with the scary IT clown slide. It fits the theme. Hahahaha!! :)

I am jealous you are staying on the Boardwalk though. I plan to be over there enjoying Jellyrolls AT LEAST one night (maybe 2!!)

I don't blame you for wanting to save the money to not stay at Boardwalk. DVC was one of the best investments for us although I'm already into using our 2015 points.

Haha. I hadn't even thought about hosting a 'scary' clown party. Hopefully the wait list will come through for that last night.

I've never been able to get my husband to Jellyrolls so I've only been once with a friend with mine. I'm hoping either during the May trip or the ToT one, we'll finally get to go together.

7 Month Window

Well, I wasn't able to get my full trip moved to an EPCOT Hotel. But I was able to get Sept 30th to October 4 at the Boardwalk in a Garden View Room. On Tuesday, I get to try to wait list from October 4th to 5th for another Boardwalk Garden View Room. Here's to hoping another wait list comes through!

Now I need to call Member Services later today to adjust my AKV reservation and remove September 30th to October 4th since I can't do that online without canceling the whole reservation.

So current hotel plans:

9/18 to 9/20 - Beach Club Villa Studio
9/20 to 9/21 - Unknown - Current Waitlist at Beach Club Villa Studio. If it doesn't come through, either Swan/Dolphin or normal Beach Club Room

9/30 to 10/4 - Boardwalk Villas Studio - Garden or Pool View
10/4 to 10/5 - AKV Value Studio - Waitlist for Boardwalk Garden or Pool View to come

10/30 to 11/2 - Villas at Grand Floridian Studio - Standard View

~~~

Running Update:

Today my husband & I are meeting up with some of my coworkers for sprint work around 9AM. This will be the first time I've done sprints since like high school.

Then we'll be going shopping. I want to stop by the running store to get fitted for new running shoes.

Congrats on getting the first part at BWV. I needed a 2 bedroom there so it is waitlisted. :rolleyes: I was sooo tempted by a 2 bedroom that was available at Kidani. But... not a host resort and with multiple races to contend with that weekend I figured it would be best to just book at a host and then waitlist the BWV. Thing is, I will hope to be waitlisting a studio at BWV too and two of them. Since I already have the front end waitlisted, I will not be able to waitlist for both the studios I need. As helpful as member services are, I was shocked at the wait and how long it took to move things around. So far I have only booked online.... so this process today was LONG. (I was on the phone and hour) I should have called first thing this morning. I waited I guess since I could see what was available for most of the nights (if I peaked from a week out from yesterday's 7month) I knew things were full and didn't feel like calling just to get the waitlist started. Maybe it is better to call first thing and get it set up and be quicker in the "queue".

Congrats on getting the first part at BWV. I needed a 2 bedroom there so it is waitlisted. :rolleyes: I was sooo tempted by a 2 bedroom that was available at Kidani. But... not a host resort and with multiple races to contend with that weekend I figured it would be best to just book at a host and then waitlist the BWV. Thing is, I will hope to be waitlisting a studio at BWV too and two of them. Since I already have the front end waitlisted, I will not be able to waitlist for both the studios I need. As helpful as member services are, I was shocked at the wait and how long it took to move things around. So far I have only booked online.... so this process today was LONG. (I was on the phone and hour) I should have called first thing this morning. I waited I guess since I could see what was available for most of the nights (if I peaked from a week out from yesterday's 7month) I knew things were full and didn't feel like calling just to get the waitlist started. Maybe it is better to call first thing and get it set up and be quicker in the "queue".

The phones were bad on Saturday. It was about a 19 minute wait for me to get someone on the phone to get the date removals on my AKV reservation. I have to wait until later today to do the wait list for that single night.

I think for F&W its better to call early b/c of the EPCOT resorts filling up so quickly. I hope your wait lists come through just like I hope my single nights do.

The phones were bad on Saturday. It was about a 19 minute wait for me to get someone on the phone to get the date removals on my AKV reservation. I have to wait until later today to do the wait list for that single night.

I think for F&W its better to call early b/c of the EPCOT resorts filling up so quickly. I hope your wait lists come through just like I hope my single nights do.

Well, tomorrow is the 7 month mark for my second half so I hope phones are better tomorrow. I do think I will be dropping the waitlist off of my first half though. I really just want to have something booked and not worry about "what if" any more and besides... since you can only have two waitlists going at a time... I may need it for the second half. Also... the 2 bedroom I have booked is just bigger than the 2 bedroom at BWV so it will work out better for us (I think:rolleyes:).

Well, tomorrow is the 7 month mark for my second half so I hope phones are better tomorrow. I do think I will be dropping the waitlist off of my first half though. I really just want to have something booked and not worry about "what if" any more and besides... since you can only have two waitlists going at a time... I may need it for the second half. Also... the 2 bedroom I have booked is just bigger than the 2 bedroom at BWV so it will work out better for us (I think:rolleyes:).

Yeah, your booking situations are a lot more complicated than mine with needing different rooms and such. Having more space at OKW will work out well too especially for the porch & having boat access to DTD. I need to play catch up on your PTR this weekend.

This isn't going to be an 'official' PTR update.

I haven't been good training wise since last weekend. In fact when I do go back to the gym, I know its going to be a set back just because I haven't done the right things this week with hydration or eating.

Monday we got news my husband's position at work is being eliminated in their massive restructure. His last day will be in early April. They seem to be making the same mistakes their last major competitor did prior to their ultimate demise back in 2008. I know it will work out for the better. It would be better to get out now rather than later. It does suck that he's been at the company for 10 years and worked hard to pretty much been told too bad. We knew a restructure was happening but with as well as his performance has been with turning around his departments, we didn't really expect this. This week has just sucked emotionally.

I'm trying to figure out how this is going to affect the trips we have planned. The biggest one up in the air at the moment is the 7 Night Western Cruise in September but with the lack of announcements of the 2nd half of 2015, I can't delay our cruise yet as the 2015 dates announced are 2x the rate we have for our concierge cabin. I'm super glad we have DVC as that is making the trips we do have plan happen as we have the room covered. For the trips we have set for May, I can get away with changing where we eat to try to do the trips as cheaply as possible if he doesn't have a job by then. The trips in the fall are the most set though.

I will be going to Sprints again on Saturday but my husband won't be joining. At least I do have the 5k on April 5th which is my husband's official last day of work so once we deal with the emotional funk we have that to train towards.

I am so sorry about your hubby's job loss. I hope that, in the end, there is a silver lining somewhere (a better job opportunity). I remember, long ago, our company got bought out and they let our entire department go. I was devastated but, in the end, I found a better job with more flexibility that literally made all the difference when I had my kids.

So sending pixie dust your way! And glad you will still be able to do the fall trips! Something to look forward to!

I am so sorry about your husband's job. I truly hope he finds something very soon.

I can totally understand how this week would just be a bit too emotional to work out.

hang in there....
:hug:

I am so sorry about your hubby's job loss. I hope that, in the end, there is a silver lining somewhere (a better job opportunity). I remember, long ago, our company got bought out and they let our entire department go. I was devastated but, in the end, I found a better job with more flexibility that literally made all the difference when I had my kids.

So sending pixie dust your way! And glad you will still be able to do the fall trips! Something to look forward to!

I'm hoping it does lead to a better job. It would be different to have a husband that could actually enjoy Christmas or Thanksgiving or weekends or evenings. There is a possibility he could stay with the company at an hourly position which would mean no severance but at least we can take the chance of trying to find something different by end of month.

I am so sorry about your husband's job. I truly hope he finds something very soon.

I can totally understand how this week would just be a bit too emotional to work out.

hang in there....
:hug:

Thanks for the kind words!

~~~

I went to Sprints on Saturday with my coworkers but I was sore in places I'm never sore with my upper front thighs and shin splints. I couldn't run as fast as I usually do (which is still slower than the rest of them)

I skipped running today and opted for cross training with the bike. Hopefully the muscles that were in pain were stretched. Back to actually running tomorrow, hopefully.

For my Make A Wish 5k - our team is the 2nd largest in terms of donations & team size which is awesome!

I need to work on getting a rough plan for each day of the fall trips as I'm getting close to our 6 month ADR marks so that will be my plan for this week as I can't plan out May's trip anymore until the Star Wars weekend schedules are fully released.

Itinerary Planning - All Trips

Some of my event assumptions here are based on the trends from previous years. Obviously, some of these will change once the official event list gets published this summer.

Trip #1
Sept 18th, 2014
MK: 9:00AM - 9:00PM
EPCOT: 9:00AM - 9:00PM
Hollywood Studios: 9:00AM - 7:30PM
AK: 9:00AM - 5:00PM

4:00PM - Hit the Road!
7:30PM - Arrive @ Beach Club
8:00PM - Dinner @ Yachtsman

Sept 19th, 2014
MK: 9:00AM - 7:00PM
EPCOT: 9:00AM - 10:00PM
AK: 9:00AM - 5:00PM, 8:00AM - 9:00AM EMH

9:00AM - Head to EPCOT
10:00AM - Kitchen Memories (Dependent on Special Guest)
12:00PM - Eat Around the World Showcase
6:00PM - F&W Special Event (Not sure what it will be but typically they have something the first Friday of the Festival)

Sept 20th, 2014
MK: 9:00AM - 10:00PM
EPCOT: 9:00AM - 10:00PM
Hollywood Studios: 9:00AM - 7:30PM, 8:00AM - 9:00AM EMH

8:00AM - Hollywood Studios Morning
11:00AM - Head over to EPCOT
12:00PM - Italian Regional Lunch
6:00PM - F&W Special Event (Not sure what it will be but typically there should be some large event or PotS)

Sept 21st, 2014

7:30AM - Leave hotel @ Head Home

Trip #2
The one thing about this trip is that we need to adjust during it about staying up a little later than usual as our race starts at 10:00PM. We won’t be at park openings most of the trip. Also park hours for October haven’t been released yet in that nifty travel agent pdf

Sept 30th, 2014
MK: 9:00AM - 9:00PM
EPCOT: 9:00AM - 9:00PM

7:30PM - Arrive @ Boardwalk
8:00PM - Dinner @ Flying Fish

Oct 1st, 2014
EPCOT Day
Eating around World Showcase

7:00PM: Dinner @ BlueZoo or Il Mulino

Oct 2nd, 2014
Hollywood Studios Day

6:00PM - Signature Dinner for Food & Wine Festival

Oct 3rd, 2014
Either:
10:00AM - Kitchen Memories (Dependent on Special Guest)
12:00PM - Lunch @ Brewer at Boardwalk
1:00PM - Pool Time

Or:
10:00AM: Blizzard Beach
3:00PM: Head Back to Boardwalk, Clean Up, Head to Magic Kingdom

5:00PM - Dinner @ Liberty Tree Tavern or Be Our Guest
7:00PM - Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party

Oct 4th, 2014

10:00AM - Head to Downtown Disney
11:00AM - Lunch @ Wolfgang Puck Cafe
12:00PM - Disney Quest
5:30PM - Dinner @ ???? (Something light and healthy)
10:00PM - Tower of Terror 10 Miler!

Oct 5th, 2014
12:00AM - Tower of Terror 10 Miler After Party!
3:00AM - Head back to resort & sleep
10:00AM - Wake Up & Get Ready to Leave
11:00AM - Pack Up Car & Head Home

Trip #3
This is the trip with my mother

Oct 30th, 2014
7:30PM - Arrive @ Grand Floridian
8:00PM - Dinner @ Citricos

Oct 31st, 2014

EPCOT Day
12:00PM - French Regional Lunch
6:00PM - Flying Fish Chef’s Counter

Nov 1st, 2014

Magic Kingdom Day
2:30 PM - Afternoon Tea
5:30PM - Swan & Dolphin Food & Wine Classic

Nov 2nd, 2014

Animal Kingdom Day

Plans are shaping up! I know it is hard to do when hours haven't been released completely and events are not known for sure.

I have one question for you... the night of the ToT race, you plan to eat at 5:30..and you want it to be light. Do you plan to eat again before the race? Does the light help you keeping your stomach from getting upset?

For me... Given the start of the race is near 10 and I will be running till 11:30 to 12:00am. A light dinner at 6 would probably not be enough food to carry me through to 12am. It is hard though...cause I battle with wanting to eat enough but not too much. I guess a morning race, I go much longer without food. Maybe a large 6 pm dinner..that gets me through the night and then I have a peanut butter bagel around 4 that gets me through to about 8am or so. For the ToT the last two years, I have ate around 4 and made it a large meal. Then I don't really eat but maybe a granola bar right before the race. Maybe I am over eating?

Plans are shaping up! I know it is hard to do when hours haven't been released completely and events are not known for sure.

I have one question for you... the night of the ToT race, you plan to eat at 5:30..and you want it to be light. Do you plan to eat again before the race? Does the light help you keeping your stomach from getting upset?

For me... Given the start of the race is near 10 and I will be running till 11:30 to 12:00am. A light dinner at 6 would probably not be enough food to carry me through to 12am. It is hard though...cause I battle with wanting to eat enough but not too much. I guess a morning race, I go much longer without food. Maybe a large 6 pm dinner..that gets me through the night and then I have a peanut butter bagel around 4 that gets me through to about 8am or so. For the ToT the last two years, I have ate around 4 and made it a large meal. Then I don't really eat but maybe a granola bar right before the race. Maybe I am over eating?

From what I noticed with going to the gym during the week, I need to wait at least 2 to 3 hours after eating dinner before going for a run or I will get nausea. During the work week, I either go to the gym at 4:30PM so its been about 4 hours since I last ate or I end up eating dinner at 5:00PM then going to the gym at 8:00PM.

Its also one of the reasons I posted my plan is to see what else people are doing to see what may work for us. 6:30PM would be the latest I would want to actually be eating my meal in order to not feel it during the race.

I haven't done a run longer than about 3.5 miles so I don't know how my body reacts either. I know for 5ks, I'm actually fine without drinking any water during the run but I know as I move to longer distances, I'm going to have to start drinking some water or trying some of those beans or chews but I plan to try that stuff out once I finish the C210K (which I'm on week 2 day 1 now). But I do have a nice layer of fat for my body to work on burning through ;) as energy.

When I run first thing in the morning during the weekend, I don't eat before going to the gym. I take my work out pill, drink a glass of water & I'm good to go.

From what I noticed with going to the gym during the week, I need to wait at least 2 to 3 hours after eating dinner before going for a run or I will get nausea. During the work week, I either go to the gym at 4:30PM so its been about 4 hours since I last ate or I end up eating dinner at 5:00PM then going to the gym at 8:00PM.

Its also one of the reasons I posted my plan is to see what else people are doing to see what may work for us. 6:30PM would be the latest I would want to actually be eating my meal in order to not feel it during the race.

I haven't done a run longer than about 3.5 miles so I don't know how my body reacts either. I know for 5ks, I'm actually fine without drinking any water during the run but I know as I move to longer distances, I'm going to have to start drinking some water or trying some of those beans or chews but I plan to try that stuff out once I finish the C210K (which I'm on week 2 day 1 now). But I do have a nice layer of fat for my body to work on burning through ;) as energy.

When I run first thing in the morning during the weekend, I don't eat before going to the gym. I take my work out pill, drink a glass of water & I'm good to go.

I too post my plans and also read others to see what they are doing. I am always looking for a different take on how to improve what I am doing. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter