No more lotion...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just returned from Grand Floridian (non-club room) and there was no lotion.

At AKL right now and just called housekeeping and was told no more lotion. They said they are no longer providing it at any resort and I can buy some in the gift shop if I need it. :sad:

I stayed at a days inn two nights ago and they had it. So Disney can’t provide what is normally provided by every other hotel or motel I’ve ever been too. The way they are headed they really should remove the word resort from all their onsite hotels and motels

We are staying in a suite with a wet bar at a new Hampton inn and suites in east Dallas to attend my aunt’s funeral. $94 a night with a AAA rate. Neutrogena products including hand lotion. Neutrogena seems to be the go to products for Hampton. We earned Hilton points, got 2 large cookies out of the oven and bottles of water when we checked in. Certainly no resort but it’s a large clean room. Main thing is it’s convenient to where my relatives live.

We are staying in a suite with a wet bar at a new Hampton inn and suites in east Dallas to attend my aunt’s funeral. $94 a night with a AAA rate. Neutrogena products including hand lotion. Neutrogena seems to be the go to products for Hampton. We earned Hilton points, got 2 large cookies out of the oven and bottles of water when we checked in. Certainly no resort but it’s a large clean room. Main thing is it’s convenient to where my relatives live.

I get to experience that "Hamptonality" about 75 nights a year. Sure it doesn't compare to the Beach Club but there are certain things that hospitality companies who's primary business is hotels just do better. Fact is, a lot of what we pay for is location and convenience, especially at Disney hotels.

Heck, Hampton Inns are now rolling out multiple waffle batter flavors now. Granted nothing beats mickey waffles, but cinnamon roll waffles are tasty! :teeth:

I will spend about 60 days in a hotel or Airbnb this year, hopefully more, only a few days of which in Orlando. So far poly is the one with no lotion. 75 days is a lot and I did that one year while working in Denver. The company put us up in an historic hotel downtown, the Brown palace. Rooms were lovely and amenities were many. Close to the office, trams around the downtown area to shopping and restaurants. Location is everything. And luckily we have found offsite hotels and time shares at WDW as close as any onsite hotel.

By the way I tried a waffle here this morning, it was the donut flavor, and not Mickey but I was treated to a waffle in the shape of Texas. And it was free.

Last edited:
I get to experience that "Hamptonality" about 75 nights a year. Sure it doesn't compare to the Beach Club but there are certain things that hospitality companies who's primary business is hotels just do better. Fact is, a lot of what we pay for is location and convenience, especially at Disney hotels.

Heck, Hampton Inns are now rolling out multiple waffle batter flavors now. Granted nothing beats mickey waffles, but cinnamon roll waffles are tasty! :teeth:
We are driving home from Florida right now and this is our second night at a Hampton. They also have delicious mango and berry smoothies at breakfast now. :)

Has anyone contacted guest services or anything? Not that I'm actually concerned, but maybe they are changing out brands or product lines and perhaps you can get answers. guest.services@disneyworld.com

Or at least let them know it's a pretty lame move. :)

Someone just posted a video on YouTube that they toured their CSR room Casita building and lotion was on the bathroom counter.

Yes it's new. We were at BWI July, 17-20. There was lotion
Just checked out, no lotion. I still have a strong inkling that there is some change afoot. Brand, scent, packaging, or some combo of the 3. It's not the first time there was a lull in products

Yep. When I was there in March there were a lot of amenities: body wash, shampoo, conditioner, bar soap, toothbrush kits, shave kits, foot cream, body lotion, kits with cotton swabs and cotton balls, and something else. In August there was no lotion, foot cream or shave kits. There also wasn't a notepad or pen! I asked housekeeping for the missing items and they provided them but the amenities were readily replaced. It's disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter