No more lotion...

Status
Not open for further replies.
One caution about the Lush moisturizing bar, Full of Grace. I love it but it melts. I wouldn’t bring it to Orlando most of the year. I wonder if the the Lush solid lotion bar would tend to melt too? What about the shampoo and conditioner bar?

Not familiar with the lush products, but I started using the Basin (from Disney Springs) shampoo and conditioner bars a few years ago for travel and they are fantastic. I have brought them everywhere with me including Houston in August and WDW many times, and have never had an issue with melting.

I like the Lush and Basin solid shampoos (I've tried both) but I've only tried solid conditioner from Lush - the "jungle" one - and I find that solid conditioner didn't do much for my extremely long, extremely prone-to-tangling hair. YMMV.

We were AKL the last week of June and we had lotion, mouthwash, q tips, and aloe gel. It must be just recently they stopped giving lotion. I love getting out of the shower and using the lotion on my legs, arms and hands. It smells so good. I always pack whatever is left to take home.

Just back from our 10 night stay at AKL and there was no lotion. Along with the high humidity and copious amount of sunscreen, we don't use the lotion anyway.

I'm wondering if it's going to be a case of their changing providers or even just packaging. Seems like there was a lot of concern about products being removed last time the packaging changed. Or am I misremberng

I see the Disney lotions, conditioners and shampoos are being sold on EBay. They have 3 lotions for 12.95 with 8.95 shipping. Are they seriously taking these to resell?
I don't feel like this is new. I feel like I heard about this happening well before my 2017 trip and I'm sure it's been happening for ages.

Unfortunately it doesn't surprise me in the least--people will try to make a buck off so many silly things.

I expect hotels to provide shampoo/conditioner/soap/lotion etc. and would feel that it is “cheap” if they didn’t. We just got back from a Hawaii trip. DD and I have thick long hair and we packed our favorite shampoo and conditioner, etc. We stayed in Oahu for 2 nights before going to Maui for 10 nights. I didn’t want to unpack everything in Oahu for the 2 nights so we all just used the soap, shampoo, lotion that the hotel provided and used the stuff we brought for the condo in Maui. We could have used our own stuff in Oahu but it was nice and convenient that we didn’t have to.

I expect hotels to provide shampoo/conditioner/soap/lotion etc. and would feel that it is “cheap” if they didn’t. We just got back from a Hawaii trip. DD and I have thick long hair and we packed our favorite shampoo and conditioner, etc. We stayed in Oahu for 2 nights before going to Maui for 10 nights. I didn’t want to unpack everything in Oahu for the 2 nights so we all just used the soap, shampoo, lotion that the hotel provided and used the stuff we brought for the condo in Maui. We could have used our own stuff in Oahu but it was nice and convenient that we didn’t have to.
My liquids are in a 3-1-1 bag no need to unpack everything just reach in and take out shampoo, conditioner, and body wash. If I need lotion it would be in the 3-1-1 bag too. I understand though if someone doesn't pack so all their liquids are in one bag.

My liquids are in a 3-1-1 bag no need to unpack everything just reach in and take out shampoo, conditioner, and body wash. If I need lotion it would be in the 3-1-1 bag too. I understand though if someone doesn't pack so all their liquids are in one bag.

LOL DD is 14 and has really long hair which she could wash 2x per day depending on how many times she goes swimming. My husband joked that we needed one suitcase for all of the “beauty products” that she brought. I wish that one of the 3-1-1 bottles would work for her but they are too small. I usually bring a full size bottle of shampoo and conditioner in our checked luggage and for this particular trip we didn’t open that suitcase on Oahu. We used our carryon and the hotel soap, etc. which worked out perfectly for this specific trip.

This is one of those things about WDW resorts that annoys me to no end, they claim that they want to follow industry standards and then they remove lotion! They already don't have lotion at the value resorts, which is terrible and not in line with industry standards, I have stayed at Super8 motels that have lotion, WDW value resorts are the only hotels I have ever stayed at that do not provide this.

This makes me extra annoyed because I wear sandals in WDW and my feet get dry and need lotion at night, so I really can't do without, and I don't want to use my expensive facial lotion that I already pack on my feet.
They only want to follow industry standards when it benefits them.

POFQ didn't have the lotion 2 weeks ago. I wasn't surprised or disappointed. The lotion isn't that great IMHO. And the shampoo and conditioner - while I love the scent - dries out my hair and scalp horribly. I brought my own everything, including bar soap because I hate using body wash and toilet paper because I hate theirs.

LOL DD is 14 and has really long hair which she could wash 2x per day depending on how many times she goes swimming. My husband joked that we needed one suitcase for all of the “beauty products” that she brought. I wish that one of the 3-1-1 bottles would work for her but they are too small. I usually bring a full size bottle of shampoo and conditioner in our checked luggage and for this particular trip we didn’t open that suitcase on Oahu. We used our carryon and the hotel soap, etc. which worked out perfectly for this specific trip.
:laughing:

Sounds like my mother-in-law. She often needs 1 suitcase just for her toiletries and first aid/meds she brings.

I get it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter