Nickelodeon Family Suites.

tuvo1 said:
"mepperson", I have booked the Nick Hotel for 5 nights, starting on May 16. It would be awesome if you could post your Nick Hotel experience after your stay. Hopefully most major construction will be done by the time you arrive and you'll have a wonderful experience.

I chose the Nick Hotel for the following reasons:

- includes microwave and fridge
- the pool(s) (hopefully all pools will be open by mid May)
- mostly favorable reviews (at least when it was just the Holiday Inn FS)
- 3.5 year old daughter likes Nick characters
- 6000 "Priority Club" points for 3 nights stay between Mar 1 and May 31

Thanks!

I will let you all know what we think! If you fail to hear from me right away, PM me to remind me!!! I may have lost my mind by then.

I was "assured" by a reservation person that the second pool was almost done, and that was a couple of weeks ago. She said everything "should" be finished before my trip except some cosmetic things - but otherwise functional. Some of the rooms may not have the Nick murals on them yet - she could guarantee I would get one that was finished until the end of May.

Mary

We were going to stay there for our june trip but changes our mind and are staying at POR

The dates I wanted didn't have any mousesaver, aaa or entertainment book discounts avail but she did offer me a 1 bedroom kid suite for $150.00/night.

this doesn't answer your question - but be prepared that the rooms are WAY smaller than the look on the website- we were there in 2002 when they were still Disney themed...when the coach was pulled out you couldnt' walk around it --the whole area was not much bigger than a normal K size room they just put extra beds in there - the bunk beds & murphy bed were neat but they were just SMALL! The buffet b'fast was WONDERFUL and free back then but now it's not included. SO IT"S DEFINITELY NOT WORTH THE $$$ then!

JMHO

We stayed there last May when it was HIFS, $99 per night and free breakfast. For that price, we would go back again. My kids really enjoyed our stay. But I would not pay their prices now. As a previous poster stated, the rooms are not much larger than a normal hotel room, they are just sectioned off. The food in the Club Car was mediocre and pricey.

We're trying it because the kids are crazy to try the "Nick" hotel. We don't need the pull out couch so I guess we'll be okay for two nights. I think the things they are looking forward to the most aren't in the room - they want to swim in the pool that's like a water park, they're looking forward to the Nick character breakfast and the games by the pool for the kids, kids spa, and the nighttime Nick entertainment. It also has a shuttle to Seaworld. We're only staying for two nights before heading over to Disney at the GF and Universal at HRH and it's probably a world of difference but it sure looks like fun!

I just talked to someone who stayed here on Sat. night. She said BOTH pools were open now.
I don't know about anything else though.

Lorene

Cushes said:
That sounds good.

Is anyone else having a hard time deciding if they want to stay HERE or onsite.. We're only staying 4 nights so I don't want to move around.
This is our first trip and I really want it to be special.

I am having a VERY tough time deciding between Nick and one of the Universal owned properties prior to our Disney stay. They are comparable in price, but the Universal properties have the FOTL access, and we are going the Saturday after Thanksgiving, so crowds should be high. I can't wait until that weekend is over so that we can check into the Beach Club Villas. THAT decision was easy!! Any advice?

Mousefansmom

We stayed here in October and it was wonderful. to those who remember staying here and everything was small...are you sure it was the same hotel there are SO many with similar names. This one used to be TRAIN themed.

They were starting the nick overhaul when we were there. And because of the constuction we got a rate of $129 including breakfast. Breakfast was tolerable but not great. Same for the food court.

The things that worked for us.
1. The Room. A full size king bedroom with closet, desk, drawer space, ceiling fan and a DOOR :cool1: ! A kid room with bunk bed and a pull-out bed (plus a table and video game console) A small but adequate suite room with fridge and table. A small but adequate bathroom.

2. FAce painting was awesome. Every afternoon they had face painting. FREE. We left a tip...but this was as good or better than what I saw in the parks...and I bet it cost $15 in the parks. Our girls had flowers and vines all over their faces. One was a ladybug. Not a typical 2" rainbow from a kid program at your school. :banana:

3. LOCATION. It was very close to the entry of WDW It was CLOSER than the ALL STARS to magic kingdom. It took us 20 minutes from our hotel room to park entry (thant included the tram and ferry!) Of course this would be longer during peak times. Still a great off-site hotel that gets you close do WDW.

4. The pool. Simply awesome then and they weren't done. Lots of free activities. More things you can pay a resort fee for..miniture gold supervised craft activities, floats,etc.)

We did not take advantage of the Character meals (they hadn't started yet.) But Dora is as exciting as Mickey to my kids (hey, I'm a disney fan too, but the kids love Dora.) None of the moderate resorts in Disney offer Character Breakfasts! We did not get the FREE family photo. We did not like to free entertainment.

Comparble in price to getting two rooms at all-stars. But it's really nice to have a couch and three tvs. (you only get one bathroom though.)

I really hope this helps. This was our first trip to Disney and we were only there one night. But my VERY PICKY husband reallly liked it and is dissapointed that we're staying in two rooms at POFQ after Christmas. But alas it's the busiest time of year and a family reunion. We're staying on-site.

BY THE WAY...we found the staff to be very Disney-like. They know they are in competition with CM and were very concerned with guest service. We had excellent staff contact.

I think it's worth the $150/night if you like suite hotels. Especailly if you can get a free breakfast or something thrown in.

Good luck in your decision. I for one think you'll be content with any decision you make as long as you've got a plan for how to get to the parks and what you want to accomplish while you're there! :earsboy:

Mousefansmom-go for a Universal Hotel for FOTL. It cannot be beat. Especially at such a busy time. All of the Universal properties are wonderful. We have stayed at RPR and HR. Also, if you stay onsite you don't have to fight the traffic and can walk to the theme parks.

mousefansmom said:
I am having a VERY tough time deciding between Nick and one of the Universal owned properties prior to our Disney stay. They are comparable in price, but the Universal properties have the FOTL access, and we are going the Saturday after Thanksgiving, so crowds should be high. I can't wait until that weekend is over so that we can check into the Beach Club Villas. THAT decision was easy!! Any advice?

Mousefansmom

Hiya :wave:

I had a similar dilemma. We are staying on site at WDW but want to take 1 or 2 nights offsite in the middle to do the 2 Universal parks. This is what I've come up with........
The whole Spongebob theme at the Nick Hotel REALLY jumped out at me because my boys are faithful fans! But then I reckoned the kids are gonna get that whole Nickelodeon feel a *lot* when they're at the Universal theme parks anyway and they'll actually have more time to absorb it because of the time-saving from FOTL. Also the transportation is a big factor. I know the Nick Hotel have a Universal shuttle but if you stay at a Universal hotel you can walk to the theme parks or take a much shorter bus ride. Also, we're gonna do the Spiderman character breakfast at IOA on our second morning - you don't have to be a Universal hotel guest to do that but it's gonna be so much nicer strolling over to it rather than getting *another* shuttle from the Nick Hotel.

Mostly though, it's the time saved by having FOTL access that did it for me in the end. With FOTL access they can do the 'Jimmy Neutron’s Nicktoon Blast' attraction again and again and get their Spongebob/Jimmy Neutron fix as much as they want. Sure, Spongebob won't be on their bedroom wall but hey, they'll be so exhausted at the end of the day they probably wouldn't notice if he was sleeping in the bed next to them :teeth:

As people start to experience this resort in it's more "finished" phase...i sure would appreciate feedback....I agree the $$ that they are charging is a lot and I would just want to hear more great things about it before I committ (not until Nov are we going...but I need to make ressies probably by the summer). Thank You! :flower:

We are going to take the plunge and (GULP) pay the $199.00 in June.

However, this was my justification for the price:

I really don't feel we need any additional entertainment outside of the hotel for the two days we are there. If the weather is nice, my children will play on the water slides/playgroud all day. In the evening there is entertainment, so no need to worry about that.

And then there's the free meal with paid adult meal - I know the food won't be great but...at least we don't have to worry about where to go to dinner.

We'll pay extra for the character breakfast, but at least we won't have to leave the premises to experience it.

I love that they will be immersed in the whole Nick theme, and we are only going to be there as a special treat for a short time - so I think I can hack the tacky theming for two days.

If we were to stay somewhere else, we would need two rooms so the price would be comparable - with no "Nick stuff" going on.

So...that is how I have justified this incredible price...I hope its worth it!

:rotfl: Just this morning I was telling you all that I had until this summer to make up my mind......but low and behold :cool1: I made it up today! :rotfl:

I booked us for a 2 bedroom Kidsuite for 5 nights in November after our Disney Cruise! Are our kids spoiled, or what? They are at the peak of "Nick" saturation in their little minds and I agree with all of the above justifications of 3 for Me.....it will allow us to just "hang out" and not worry about hurrying here, hurrying there....like our last WDW trip! :wizard:

I still would love feedback on this place! :teeth:

Thanks. :flower:

3for Me said:
We are going to take the plunge and (GULP) pay the $199.00 in June.

However, this was my justification for the price:

I really don't feel we need any additional entertainment outside of the hotel for the two days we are there. If the weather is nice, my children will play on the water slides/playgroud all day. In the evening there is entertainment, so no need to worry about that.

And then there's the free meal with paid adult meal - I know the food won't be great but...at least we don't have to worry about where to go to dinner.

We'll pay extra for the character breakfast, but at least we won't have to leave the premises to experience it.

I love that they will be immersed in the whole Nick theme, and we are only going to be there as a special treat for a short time - so I think I can hack the tacky theming for two days.

If we were to stay somewhere else, we would need two rooms so the price would be comparable - with no "Nick stuff" going on.

So...that is how I have justified this incredible price...I hope its worth it!

My thoughts exactly and the same justifications I used. Our stay here in June before moving over to WDW will be just for relaxing at the hotel.

Reflection said:
My thoughts exactly and the same justifications I used. Our stay here in June before moving over to WDW will be just for relaxing at the hotel.

That's exactly what we're doing 2 nights at Nick Hotel, doing nothing but pool and Nick night time entertainment and kids spa for dds. Then we move over to WDW and then Universal. I think the two days of doing nothing sound great!

DisNurse,

I'll be sure and post my impressions when I get back. We have stayed at many on-site Disney Properties and as of this June - all three Universal properties - so I will have something to compare it to...

Look for a report toward the middle of June - although I'm sure by then, others will have been and reported their findings.

I am glad I am not the only one who can "justify" this price!

Everyone have a GREAT time!!! :flower:

We stayed in 2003 when it was Holiday Inn Family Suites and we got the Entertainment dicount and stayed for 72.00/Night I would not pay the prices they are asking now.

We stayed here in 2001. I liked it. The rooms were great and did not necessarily strike me as small. The kids room had bunk beds and a little table and a tv and playstation. Loved having the fridge and microwave (micro pop corn for disney days). The shuttles were great and easy. We were there for Sept 11th and a tropical storm so parks were closed for a couple days or to scary to go out and the space was great. Liked having Pizza Hut and Popeyes and the kids eat free was for these also. Chick fil a is very close (need a car). It looks even better now........HOWEVER.....
I was just looking at tripadvisor.com and it is getting consistently terrible reviews which makes me very nervous about booking another stay here. Be sure and read those. One more thing, I don't know if it is the time of year but both AAA and Nickhotel.com is quoting $135.00 per night with kids eat free. Oh yeah and the buffet is terrible. When we stayed there the breakfast was free and we still didn't eat there. Ask if you have any questions and I will answer if the answer still applies (4 years later)! :confused3 :)
I would like to hear what people think now also, as we are looking to book in Sept again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter