Nickelodeon Family Suites.

aquidneck

Earning My Ears
Can anyone tell me of any discounts out there for this hotel? Can you use Holiday Inn discounts there?

I just booked for April 30 - May 8 for $148/night, using Mousesavers. :cheer2:

Anyone stay there lately? How was it?

THanks, Mary

I asked for prices for Oct. 21 and 22....requested Mousesavers rate...$199.00!! No way! That is ridiculous!! Unless it comes down we won't be staying there...no matter how much the kids like it!! :sad2:

Shana Rayce said:
I asked for prices for Oct. 21 and 22....requested Mousesavers rate...$199.00!! No way! That is ridiculous!! Unless it comes down we won't be staying there...no matter how much the kids like it!! :sad2:
we got the same rate for the first week of June! no AAA or MouseSavers being offered then because it is the offical opening just before that is what I was told. princess:

I got the AAA rate for June 29 and 30. When I called they told me it wasn't available, but when I booked it online I was able to get the AAA discount. It got me down to $180.

We just got back from the Nick Hotel. Kids loved the pool with the slides and the other pool looked as though it was just about ready to open. Because we were return guests, we supposedly got a cheaper rate of $138 for the weekdays and then $165 for the weekend (supposedly cheaper than the AAA rate). The kids want to return next year, but after staying there last year for $99, I was already disappointed to spend what I did this year. I can't imagine spending $200 or whatever the going rate will be next year. Guess it will be time to find a new hotel or more likely, a timeshare!

Did everything else look ok? Is there another reason why you were disappointed? We're torn between this hotel and something onsite. Thanks for the reply..

:confused3 We just returned from Disney. While we didn't stay at this property, we ate our first meal there at The Club Car restaurant. I was very unimpressed with The Club Car...the food was overpriced and the restaurant was loud and very cafeteria-like. There was construction all over the facility and the main pool was closed. I had originally booked here for $179 per night and I'm really glad that I chose to stay elsewhere. That amount of money would not have been worth it. That being said, I'm sure once it officially "opens" then it will be great.

lejaf - could you tell me if the "grocery" store was open? Was it even reasonably priced, or should we go to a real store first for milk, sodas, etc?

Also, did they have laundry facilities there? I keep forgetting to call and ask! That will make a big difference in my packing!

Thanks, Mary

i requested a brochure since we are staying one night there in may. and on the paper that came with the brochure it says that they have the kids eat free program and free nightly family entertainment that includes bingo and karaoke.
and free train rides
and free face painting.
and that the kids check in at their own desk and get a basket of goodies. sounds very exciting, i can't wait til we go. :flower:

That sounds good.

Is anyone else having a hard time deciding if they want to stay HERE or onsite.. We're only staying 4 nights so I don't want to move around.
This is our first trip and I really want it to be special.

cushes - I had a hard time deciding, too. :confused3 This is also our first trip, but we are staying 8 nights. I think if we were staying less, I would have stayed on-site, for the extra park hours and convenience. You would get more time at the parks for your shorter stay!

Although my family is small, we each like our space and I didn't want to be cramped in a small onsite room for a week (my husband snores and my daughter grinds her teeth)! I am sure I would not get any sleep and I would be cranky the whole trip. I could have been cramped for 4 days and just be a little cranky in the morning. Or I could have sprung for a moderate or deluxe for just a few nights.

Have a great trip! Mary

Don't get me wrong, the place is great for kids, but we stayed there for $99 last year and even with all the amenities, I will have a hard time spending $200 next year if we go back. We don't tend to spend a lot of time at hotels when we stay in the area so amenities are not a big deal, we just like having a suite and the convenience of this place. For us, it was great last year without all the renovations.

The breakfast was free when we were there, but none of the food is all that great if you are a "foody." Kids were happy with it though.

The little store was smaller than it was last year, but it maybe it will be larger when all the construction is done. If you are just buying munchies and milk and drinks etc., you'd be fine buying there, if you want a bigger selection, you might want to go to a grocery store.

I guess the best thing to do is just try it out and see. If it's not worth it, we'll know next time.
Thanks for all the input. Keep it coming!!

Cushes said:
That sounds good.

Is anyone else having a hard time deciding if they want to stay HERE or onsite.. We're only staying 4 nights so I don't want to move around.
This is our first trip and I really want it to be special.

IF YOU REALLY WANT THE "SPECIAL" DISNEY FEELING..YOU HAVE TO STAY ON SITE AND FOR THE PRICE, YOU CAN STAY IN A MODERATE OR DELUXE. WE HAVE STAYED AT THE WL AND THE ASMO AND THIS YEAR WE ARE STAYING AT POP AND AKL. I HAVE STAY OFF AND ON, AND ON IS ALWAYS MORE SPECIAL ESPECIALLY FOR KIDS WHO LOVE THE CHARACTERS! :grouphug:

I have to agree that for your first time, I would definately stay on-site.

We will be staying here for two nights in June, but only because we have already had our BIG Disney trip for the year, and this was a "bonus" trip.

Your first time to WDW is so magical, and I would HIGHLY recommend that you stay ON-SITE. Especially if it is for only four nights.

Good luck in your decision!!

We stayed there in 2001 for our very first WDW trip and would highly recommend it. Everyone says the hotel doesn't matter that much because you spend most of your time at the parks, but at the time the kids were young (3 & 4) and you just can't be on the go from dawn until the wee hours when they're that age, so you end up spending a fair amount of time in the hotel room.

We loved the extra space, the kitchenette, the free hot breakfast buffet, the buy 1 get up to 4 "kids" meals free (we fed the entire family for $5 for lunch), and of course the pools. To top it all off, you are closer to the parks than some of the on-site hotels!

Of course this was all before the Nick renovations which sound like more kid's stuff, less free stuff, and higher rates. If you don't plan on spending your entire vacation in the parks and have a couple free days planed, it's probably worth it, even if it's your "very first" time - you'll still feel the WDW magic don't worry! If you plan all day, every day at WDW, I would think you'd be spending money on amenities that you wouldn't be using.

"mepperson", I have booked the Nick Hotel for 5 nights, starting on May 16. It would be awesome if you could post your Nick Hotel experience after your stay. Hopefully most major construction will be done by the time you arrive and you'll have a wonderful experience.

I chose the Nick Hotel for the following reasons:

- includes microwave and fridge
- the pool(s) (hopefully all pools will be open by mid May)
- mostly favorable reviews (at least when it was just the Holiday Inn FS)
- 3.5 year old daughter likes Nick characters
- 6000 "Priority Club" points for 3 nights stay between Mar 1 and May 31

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter