News Round Up 2020

Sorry, but if I only had 3 reservations, I wouldnt use one for a day 10.5 months in advance. Not under the current structure. If they were to expand to maybe 7-10 reservations for APs, then yeah, sure I’d use one for next October. But not only having 3. I’d just book a hotel room

Yeah, we book a room in property just for this

Sorry, but if I only had 3 reservations, I wouldnt use one for a day 10.5 months in advance. Not under the current structure. If they were to expand to maybe 7-10 reservations for APs, then yeah, sure I’d use one for next October. But not only having 3. I’d just book a hotel room
That's what we did. We bought a 1 day ticket for each of us to make sure we could get a reservation just for that one day. We later switched those to APs once we were able to get new ones.

Not to mention getting in and out of there on the day of is going to be a nightmare, even if you live 10 minutes off property, splurging on a room for the night of and or the night before just seems much less stressful. Much easier to say from someone that can just use their DVC points, but I’d probably much rather be staying on property even if I wasn’t a DVC member and lived down there

Regardless, the parks aren’t opening for a long time. He (Chapek) probably didn’t want to speak a full quarter ahead, especially when it’s not good news, so you play the closure quarter by quarter. But I think Chapek and the shareholders on the call are aware they’re not reopening until probably Q3, if not behind.

CBS/LA should be more clear or do their research, because following the Disney quarterly pattern isnt the same as most company’s. But they also probably wouldn’t be wrong even going by normal quarterlys

I mean based on the rules set forth by the state and just how incredibly far from those standards Orange County is (and trending the wrong way), It probably is right, but as I understood the call, Chapek meant December.
Yeah, sad but true. DLR at this rate may not be opening until late next year. My July cruise will probably occur, maybe reduced from 9->7 days though, before DLR opens. I am all for being safe and often feel that Texas, where I live, and FL opened up too much too soon. However, I feel like the goal for the big amusement parks in CA is unattainable until a vaccine is widely distributed, which doesn’t seem to be anytime soon.

Well it would help if CBS in LA knew that Disney’s fiscal calendar ends Dec. 31st 2020... Disney doesn’t follow the normal calendar for their fiscal year.

The fiscal year ends October 31 with the end of Q4 not Dec. If it was Dec their article would be accurate. Q1 ends Dec 31.

The fiscal year ends October 31 with the end of Q4 not Dec. If it was Dec their article would be accurate. Q1 ends Dec 31.
That’s what I meant that Q1 ends Dec. 31st. Disney’s Fiscal Year ended October 3rd.

Yeah, sad but true. DLR at this rate may not be opening until late next year. My July cruise will probably occur, maybe reduced from 9->7 days though, before DLR opens. I am all for being safe and often feel that Texas, where I live, and FL opened up too much too soon. However, I feel like the goal for the big amusement parks in CA is unattainable until a vaccine is widely distributed, which doesn’t seem to be anytime soon.

yeah, things are definitely trending the wrong way (I know they have increased restrictions here in NY and they said for parents in NYC to be prepared that schools are closed down as soon as Monday) so no way Newsom would reverse course now.

I am just hoping things start to trend in the right direction in spring/summer and by next fall we are fairly clost to normal (or a new normal)

yeah, things are definitely trending the wrong way (I know they have increased restrictions here in NY and they said for parents in NYC to be prepared that schools are closed down as soon as Monday) so no way Newsom would reverse course now.

I am just hoping things start to trend in the right direction in spring/summer and by next fall we are fairly clost to normal (or a new normal)

My son's high school just closed for in-person. They started sort of voluntary in-person back in October, but it was more like just babysitting, ie sitting in the same room with the same people and doing classes on a laptop through zoom. We kept him at home, since we are at home until maybe 2nd quarter next year. They opened up 2 weeks ago for voluntary in-person 2-3 days a week where their teachers would be in the classrooms and they would pass to classes. Half of his teachers were out or were doing it from home through zoom anyway. They had 9 positive cases in one week, so we pulled him back home for this week. They just announced 4 more cases yesterday and said school would be only online this week. He has all of Thanksgiving week off. This is just his school though; the other schools don't seem as bad. I don't blame the school; I think the high school kids are being irresponsible, partying, and hanging out. The numbers coming up are going to make March and April for most states look like a joke. Hopefully, NY won't see as many cases, hospitalizations, or deaths as it did in March/April. Stay healthy.

My son's high school just closed for in-person.

However, I feel like the goal for the big amusement parks in CA is unattainable until a vaccine is widely distributed
My kids daycare just closed in Ohio. I am praying for normal by Spring, but it’s hard for me to see how we can have anything remotely resembling normal without a vaccine, and certainly I can’t see how DLR opens without one widely distributed.

I don’t want to be Mr. Doomsday but it struck me on the earnings call that these executives are on another planet. It’s painfully obvious from the data that we’re about to have April in NYC in every major and minor population center in the country (hopefully with about 1/2 the death rate with the treatment advances we’ve made) and DLP is closed again and I’m sitting here wondering when Gov DeSantis will feel like he has no choice but to force the parks to close again and Disney’s complaining about California being unfair.

It’s hard to hear.

I was with them about DLR when the trends were good, but now, every time they talk about it I can’t help but wonder if they just don’t realize how they’re coming across to the average person who happens by the news.

My kids daycare just closed in Ohio. I am praying for normal by Spring, but it’s hard for me to see how we can have anything remotely resembling normal without a vaccine, and certainly I can’t see how DLR opens without one widely distributed.

I don’t want to be Mr. Doomsday but it struck me on the earnings call that these executives are on another planet. It’s painfully obvious from the data that we’re about to have April in NYC in every major and minor population center in the country (hopefully with about 1/2 the death rate with the treatment advances we’ve made) and DLP is closed again and I’m sitting here wondering when Gov DeSantis will feel like he has no choice but to force the parks to close again and Disney’s complaining about California being unfair.

It’s hard to hear.

I was with them about DLR when the trends were good, but now, every time they talk about it I can’t help but wonder if they just don’t realize how they’re coming across to the average person who happens by the news.

Also feels like one of those things where

"We've shown we can open the parks safely"

And

"Now is not the time to open more things"

Can both be true

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter