News Round Up 2020

I'm not against stores, I'm just surprised there was a store that was JUST luggage and was doing well or at least well enough prior to COVID.

I live in a town in NY with the largest outdoor outlet mall in the country, which brings (brought) in hundreds of thousands of international shoppers a year. The biggest seller is, and always has been luggage.

I can’t tell. Is this like the other events where you have to register and it’s available for a few days? I will actually be at WDW during part of this, because I was supposed to attend the canceled Destination D. I know of several people doing the same thing. If it’s not flexible, I might be watching some of these in line on my phone.

I can’t tell. Is this like the other events where you have to register and it’s available for a few days? I will actually be at WDW during part of this, because I was supposed to attend the canceled Destination D. I know of several people doing the same thing. If it’s not flexible, I might be watching some of these in line on my phone.
I'll be there next week too, for the same reason! The D23 website says that each presentation "premieres" on a given date/time and can be accessed on the D23 website or the D23 Facebook and YouTube sites. Only two of them require advance registration - "Globetrotting with Mickey Mouse and the Walt Disney Archives" on Wednesday afternoon and "Creating Fantastic Worlds: A Journey into Disney Worldbuilding" on Friday afternoon. So hopefully all segments will be available later.

If they had announced this several weeks ago, we might have cancelled our trip for next week!

Edited to add - I just registered for the Friday one, and it says it will be available Nov. 20-27. I tried to register for the Wednesday one, and it says it will be available Nov. 18-27. So sounds like it will all be available through the 27th. Now to try to figure out why it recognized my Gold membership for the Friday presentation and not the Wednesday one....:(

Last edited:
The recent passing of Alex Trebek reminded of the day he sat behind me at the Little Mermaid show. I just remember three guys walking down the row behind us they we’re all wearing suits. I just remember thinking who walks around Disney World in suit I had no idea who it was. Later that day they announced he was there getting his handprints in the theater of stars. Then it dawned on me who that was who sat behind us.
9633795D-8370-4E03-937E-79FDE948898E.jpeg

I'll be there next week too, for the same reason! The D23 website says that each presentation "premieres" on a given date/time and can be accessed on the D23 website or the D23 Facebook and YouTube sites. Only two of them require advance registration - "Globetrotting with Mickey Mouse and the Walt Disney Archives" on Wednesday afternoon and "Creating Fantastic Worlds: A Journey into Disney Worldbuilding" on Friday afternoon. So hopefully all segments will be available later.

If they had announced this several weeks ago, we might have cancelled our trip for next week!

Edited to add - I just registered for the Friday one, and it says it will be available Nov. 20-27. I tried to register for the Wednesday one, and it says it will be available Nov. 18-27. So sounds like it will all be available through the 27th. Now to try to figure out why it recognized my Gold membership for the Friday presentation and not the Wednesday one....:(
I got the email and registered too. Had the same issue with the 2nd one, Friday for me, not recognizing that I was signed in. I had to sign out and back in. I can catch the Wednesday one before I leave, hopefully. The Friday one will be tough, since we don’t return until the Sunday after Thanksgiving. I guess I’ll be watching it in a queue. We were going to go anyway, barring illness, since we have a non-refundable DVC rental.

That’s why we left before dark last night. We knew the castle was going to draw in everyone and if there are no markers, the guests won’t listen. Instead, we had Earl of Sandwich delivered to our hotel and watched the new episode of the Mandalorian. 👍🏻
Delivered via door dash?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter