News Round Up 2020

I agree, especially if staying around /lingering for a while. Like I get while walking you are going to have times when passing people will be closer than you like but that is just a second ... But this hanging out for a while in close proximity would have me a bit worried

Now maybe it really wasn't that long and this is just the first day(s) so I am sure increased interest / curiosity - but if I was heading there now it would make me anxious and would likely skip this (or at least avoid going close)
I am going twice in next 4 weeks. As long as i am outside. And masks are on, i am not worried. Inside is a different story.

Shouldn’t be using the absolutes in your statements. There are plenty of people that are ok going to WDW because of its social distancing and mask requirements and don’t want to have people close to them. I would hardly say that “most” at WDW are comfortable being that close to people.
Agree on using absolutes .. that is why I used "from what I've experienced" and "most" (rather than ALL). "Most" (in the way I am using it) meaning .. more than 50% of the people (if not closer to 75%).

These are my observations on the realistic applications of social distancing in public places based on what I've seen over the past 3-4 months across the South and Midwest while traveling (vacations). Based on those experiences (and how I've seen people treat social distancing), I would realistically expect the same thing going to WDW (or any large public place). I expect to walk down a crowded Main Street having to dodge people occasionally. I expect to be near people inside the stores as we both try and look at the same display. I expect to "shuffle" past people in a restaurant to get to my table or the restroom. I expect log jams of people in certain bottleneck spots. I expect people to ignore the stickers on the ground (or just not notice their surroundings) and maybe get closer than 6 feet to me in a queue.

Expecting otherwise (based on my observations) just seems to be setting oneself up for disappointment.

All this being said -- the best place that was enforcing social distancing AND masking in my travels? The Disney Store at the outlet mall. They reminded EVERY guest to wear a mask at all times and that it should be worn properly (over nose, under chin) and they consistently cleaned the counter after every transaction and kept t Even then though .. they cannot enforce any sort of social distancing in the stores as people wander randomly around the store.

Disney stock happy after Pfizer releases preliminary data on covid vaccine (over 90% effective, no safety issues as of yet). Hope this opens up the resorts and reintroduces AP's next year...

Disney stock happy after Pfizer releases preliminary data on covid vaccine (over 90% effective, no safety issues as of yet). Hope this opens up the resorts and reintroduces AP's next year...
Happy? +10-13% is way more than "happy!" Wow! At the same time Netflix, Amazon and Clorox stock drops 5-10% .. heh. I wish it was "over" as quickly as the stock market thinks!

Happy? +10-13% is way more than "happy!" Wow! At the same time Netflix, Amazon and Clorox stock drops 5-10% .. heh. I wish it was "over" as quickly as the stock market thinks!

market loves to react to anything resembling news. Wouldn't be surprised if these movements (both ways) are cut in half by the end of the day and things correct themselves)

market loves to react to anything resembling news. Wouldn't be surprised if these movements (both ways) are cut in half by the end of the day and things correct themselves)
It's absolutely an over-reaction. But the market has been waiting on some "certainty." There hasn't been a vaccine that has really been tested, so having a couple companies come out with real data and figures showing this thing can happen in the near future was going to put a lot of money back to work. Add in the increasing political certainty over the weekend, and yes, regardless of where you fall, the markets would rather know than not know who will be President, and you get a huge relief rally or "risk on" trade. I also expect it to pare back as there is some profit taking throughout the day, but there is enough news to push the market on a positive track for a while.

Disney's spike seems especially overdone to me along with other travel stocks. It puts the stock back toward highs and profit expectations that are still a good ways out, but stocks are generally a "future" game.

I'll take the Disney stock reaction up any day over the market reaction down things took in March! Thankfully many have recovered but it was still a shock to look at my investments and have lost over 33% in 2 weeks!!

Agree on using absolutes .. that is why I used "from what I've experienced" and "most" (rather than ALL). "Most" (in the way I am using it) meaning .. more than 50% of the people (if not closer to 75%).

Am I the only one that assumes that when someone says "Everyone loves this." or "No one likes this" in a casual conversation they don't literally mean 100% of the people likes/dislikes or agrees/disagrees with a statement?

I'm not against stores, I'm just surprised there was a store that was JUST luggage and was doing well or at least well enough prior to COVID.

A lot of the stores at Disney Springs cater to international travellers. They will buy that stuff, especially from high-end brands that they don't have as much access to. I see a lot of stores that jsut aren't for me, but there is definitely a market. It's extra tough for those stroes right now with the lack of international travel.

Moody's has projected higher economical gains with a Biden admin, so Saturday's news + vaccine almost assured market spikes today.

If you're an investor (because I am NOT, so really don't listen to me) you'd invest in ZOOM today because it dropped. People will be working from home for a long time because no one is going to want to go back in to the office anymore once they realized they work better and more efficiency from home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter