News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m disappointed with the changes to ECV pickups.

At least one stroller company is offering pickup and drop off at the Orlando airport. I can see that working well.

I think the ECV companies are the ones who will be hardest hit Now their once or twice a day pickups and deliveries will need to happen numerous times each day. Guessing we’ll see this reflected in the cost of rentals.

I have always raved about how easy Disney makes it for guests to pick up mobility aids. This all changes today. :( We would happily pay a fee if required to pick up and drop off at our resort.

I’m disappointed with the changes to ECV pickups.

At least one stroller company is offering pickup and drop off at the Orlando airport. I can see that working well.

I think the ECV companies are the ones who will be hardest hit Now their once or twice a day pickups and deliveries will need to happen numerous times each day. Guessing we’ll see this reflected in the cost of rentals.

I have always raved about how easy Disney makes it for guests to pick up mobility aids. This all changes today. :( We would happily pay a fee if required to pick up and drop off at our resort.

Somone in the dedicated thread said their understanding is Disney has a new dedicated arrangement with one provider of scooters and strollers that will be able to do the drop off and pick up at the bell hop - so if it is that or that Disney themselves gets into the rental business, I think there will be someone way to do this. Especially with the mobility devices I think that is a bad look if they make someone who needs one wait hours to get theirs - so now there will be two options: use the one vendor/Disney direct for convenience (and likely a higher price) or you can use a 3rd party for lower price (though maybe higher than before) but less convenience

I also expect and uptick of people bringing their own scooters as, especially if now comparing it to "Disney prices" to rent, you can buy one for the cost of a handful of rentals

Somone in the dedicated thread said their understanding is Disney has a new dedicated arrangement with one provider of scooters and strollers that will be able to do the drop off and pick up at the bell hop -
That's pretty much the system that is currently in place. They instituted that system several years ago limiting the number of outside vendors that could do that. The vendors had to be vetted by Disney (and perhaps paid for the privilege) before they were allowed to rent.

I’m thinking that Disney is getting into the ECV and stroller rental business for resort guest during their length of stay.

They rent at the parks and it’s such an inconvenience that you can’t bring the rental back to your resort as there’s still so much walking to do after leaving a park.

I’m thinking that maybe they’ll offer ECVs and strollers as an option when you’re booking your room. In addition to park hoppers, dining plans and photo passes, maybe we’ll be able to include a stroller or ECV in our reservation and have it waiting in the room for us when we arrive.

That would be super convenient and Disney would make money. They must see this big opportunity and they’re already in the rental business at the parks.

When we had to rent a wheelchair for length of stay one year when my son had an injury, it was such a pain trying to find the right company and see what they had in stock and check pricing, etc. When we finally did have a wheelchair delivered to our resort from some company, it had an issue and needed to be exchanged. Luckily, the contemporary saud that they have 2 wheelchairs available to borrow for free and one happened to be available so it all worked out.

I remember thinking that it would be so nice if Disney had length of stay rentals that were reliable and at a fair price. Maybe that’s coming.

It reminds me of the Minnie vans... For years we’d take cabs (and now Ubers) btwn resorts and parks to save time. I had to remember to carry cash for the taxis which I often forgot since everything would get charged to the room. I always wished Disney would provide their own taxis and we could charge them to the room (and they could make money!). Now they have Minnie vans! They can’t really ban other taxis/Uber’s but they do give their Minnie vans exclusive access to the bus area at mk....

not sure if this is the global policy or just for Orlando Stroller Rental, they are saying if you made your reservation before Oct 1st you can still pick up and drop off at the resort like in the past:

View attachment 439433
Oy. We rent strollers specifically because we couldn’t fit 4 adults, 4 suitcases, all our carry ons, 2 children in car seats, and 2 strollers into a minivan. This doesn’t help solve that at all.

That's pretty much the system that is currently in place. They instituted that system several years ago limiting the number of outside vendors that could do that. The vendors had to be vetted by Disney (and perhaps paid for the privilege) before they were allowed to rent.

I think the idea now (assuming this person had correct information) is there would be just 1 vendor that is the official one Disney uses instead of several"preferred" ones - so you would be stuck with whatever pricing this one company has for the convenience

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter