News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got around to seeing it yesterday. That's got to be one of the best films produced by Pixar. I was in tears by the end of the film.

Totally agree - their best movie since UP, and they've had a few really great films in there. (Finding Dory and Inside Out both were wonderful.)

It’s for 10 and up and they are apparently strict about it. Our 8 year old was crushed when the age restriction was announced right before our trip!
Last I looked it was a height requirement but no age requirement. I'll have to check that out, thanks for the heads up.

A little off topic but Imo Mickey Views is 10x better than DSNY. Brayden is a high school kid doing best he can and reporting actual news. If something is a rumor he says so unlike DSNY who “confirms rumors” without anything official. I can expand on the topic if anyone cares but just thought I would share lol.
Please expand. I watch both and can sort of see your point. Although Brayden has to fix his breathing between sentences. It's aggressively annoying, at least to my ears.

Please expand. I watch both and can sort of see your point. Although Brayden has to fix his breathing between sentences. It's aggressively annoying, at least to my ears.
I think he sounds like a very excited teenager...plus trying to get a lot of info into a short video...so perhaps a combination of excitement and editing? Don't know...this is the first one of his that I have watched.

Bluetooth doesn't require any kind of tapping - just proximity. You can leave it in your pocket or purse.

Not sure exactly how Disney's will work but I have used this with the Hilton app a few times and you have to open the app and tap on the screen when in proximity of the lock to unlock it - so I guess theoretically possible to do all that while in your pocket, I found I had to take the phone out and use it, so seems like more steps than the Magic Band

Not sure exactly how Disney's will work but I have used this with the Hilton app a few times and you have to open the app and tap on the screen when in proximity of the lock to unlock it - so I guess theoretically possible to do all that while in your pocket, I found I had to take the phone out and use it, so seems like more steps than the Magic Band
Our garage door has an app that comes with it and you can open and close it anywhere in the world so long as you have cellular signal but it has it's limitations.

It's easier to just push the garage door button on the remote than open the app up on my phone when I'm coming home or leaving but it's great for letting people into our house (if they didn't have our garage code or key to the house) and for checking that you actually closed the garage door (so no more turning around to make sure that you did) and it lets you know how long the door had been opened or closed.

But it is afterall an app and it has had its malfunctions every now and then. One of which for a time was saying the garage door was open when it was actually closed and vice versa. Another one was for a while the app wouldn't respond when you pressed the garage door icon.

I can see people liking this for sure and I know the MBs have their issues every now and then too I just have a bit of reservations about it. But who knows it could be a great thing but I also know that MDE is a battery killer so I suspect adding this feature will probably add to that.

Sometimes technology solves problems that don't exist.

The way I would see this as useful is for a guest that didn't get magic bands for some reason and still wants the online check in/skip the desk. Also the the obsessive compulsive phone user.

The way I would see this as useful is for a guest that didn't get magic bands for some reason and still wants the online check in/skip the desk. Also the the obsessive compulsive phone user.
I do agree with you but the online check in and skipping the desk isn't guaranteed.

It worked for us perfectly getting our room number assigned in MDE and we didn't go to the desk (well we did but that was to extend our trip to make up days for Irma).

But I know plenty of people who never got a text, never got a room assignment in MDE or never got an e-mail with their room number assigned so a stop to the front desk is where they go.

Then there are the people who get their room assigned but don't like the location of it. For us our requests were granted but I know others whose requests weren't and so a stop to the front desk is where they go.

But there are for sure people who love to do all they can with their phones that is for sure :)

Brayden does still talk too fast. I think Mr. Mickey's point, though, was about the content more so than the delivery.

Yes it’s not as much as delivery though I still prefer Brayden’s delivery since jack is screaming at you as if it is the apocalypse, but I digress as my point was about content. Brayden is there to relay confirmed news to people and if it is a rumor he says so. On the other hand, jack basically confirms rumors on his own, is usually after Mickey views, and from my understanding considers himself as an inside source of his own. He basically thinks he is THE Disney insider but that’s just my opinion. Does that clear things up? Lol

Or convention attendees who aren't going to a park nd don't want to do a band. Though they may still do cards for them, I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter