News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
People don't like the new cast members. People don't want the old cast members. So what do people want?

I think he's just quoting Last Jedi and pointing out how the film's theme of letting the past go and bringing back another old character doesn't seem all that logical.

Hi @rteetz! Have you seen an opening date for the Jaleo restaurant in Disney Springs? All I can find is "Fall 2018." I'd love to go there during my planned trip to Orlando in October.

Let the past die. Kill it if you have to.

Good Lord who is in charge here.
All joking aside, I wonder if that is not the plan.

Lets face it, they are working uphill now, if they totally "eliminate" the past hero's, then they can focus solely on the new cast and force perspective.....

It's the calm before the (Star Wars) storm.

Everyone I know that goes to WDW is waiting for SW to open. Lots of people that I know that never go to WDW are waiting to go when SW opens. I think crowds will be unlike anything we've seen when SW opens.
This. ::yes::

just putting on my cynical hat, it is interesting that they are doing away with plastic bags in the Disney Stores as a "going green" initiative, but then now have this sponsored by a company that makes .... plastic bags
How DARE you?!?! I don't know how I would have raised my two kids without Ziplock bags! Exceptions to every rule. :D

People don't like the new cast members. People don't want the old cast members. So what do people want?

the story they made up in their head which is of course 100x better than anything that could be produced ... and also completely different than what millions of others have developed in their heads ;)

Obviously a bit cynical of me - but I think it just shows it would be really hard to make a Star Wars movie that everyone likes - and so they tried to go in a different direction with Last Jedi and that probably backfired more than they thought and now trying to undo it a bit - also I think this is potentially due to the impact of Carrie Fisher not being there as she was to be a big part of Episode IX

Also could be trying to connect to Solo - reunite Lando with the Falcon
and L3 which we now know is inside the Falcon's computer

A mix of good new cast members (with good char growth) and a reasonable story and timeline phasing out the old.

But the quotes below do support they are struggling.

I would call it discussing this Star Wars IX development, not complaining.

I think he's just quoting Last Jedi and pointing out how the film's theme of letting the past go and bringing back another old character doesn't seem all that logical.

Yep that was mainly it. It really feels like they are screaming "please come back, we didn't mean it" though.

I don't really mind bringing in Lando (but at 81 it may be tough to watch)-but have to admit they are rethinking the move on with the new characters many on here suggested.

Lets face it, they are working uphill now, if they totally "eliminate" the past hero's, then they can focus solely on the new cast and force perspective.....

Uphill for sure. This shows they are not totally eliminating the past heros to focus solely on the new cast.

they tried to go in a different direction with Last Jedi and that probably backfired more than they thought and now trying to undo it a bit - also I think this is potentially due to the impact of Carrie Fisher not being there as she was to be a big part of Episode IX[/SPOILER]

Agreed on backfired and now trying to undo it.

And yes Carrie passing should have meant even a few tweaks over the 11 months they had to work with, would have helped tremendously IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter