News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could we compromise on somethings to make up some of the cost. Yes, but we don't want to. Why should we compromise for Disney changing the playing field? The room check policy was the final straw. We spend a lot of time at the resort. We don't want someone banging on the door while we are relaxing for a bogus security check. More importantly though is this: Most mornings I go to the fitness Center to workout while the wife sleeps in. She has anxiety and paranoia issues. It would cause her great distress to have someone pounding on the door and trying to enter the room while I'm not there. With the money we spend there we shouldn't have to worry about this. It's not an issue anywhere else we go.

So as you can see I'm not just some hot head, there are very good reasons for how I feel.

As far as I know, security checks are only done on rooms that have denied housekeeping. They won't come early in the morning, they come by after housekeeping is done for the day, and only to the rooms they couldn't get into. On our last DVC trip, i only saw them twice, at around 5pm, over a 12 night stay, and we knew they were coming because our trash hadn't been picked up by housekeeping.

I wonder if they will have a separate entrance where the members don't have to go through the parks. I cannot imagine anyone in a dress like the woman in the picture is wearing traipsing through Epcot to get to Club 33. Hahaha.....
This club is already open and operating. The entrance is visible with a Club 33 branded RFID scanner at the door.

I wonder if they will have a separate entrance where the members don't have to go through the parks. I cannot imagine anyone in a dress like the woman in the picture is wearing traipsing through Epcot to get to Club 33. Hahaha.....

I've seen people get pretty dressed up just to wander the park. Especially Epcot.

Haha yeah probably true, but one more before we go on to the next thing. I thought it was a fairly recent change but I haven't seen any posts on the Uni side of the boards. Also it could've just been Portofino and they're rolling it out slowly. Who knows, its hard to keep up anymore. From the multiple articles I've read on the topic it seems like most hotels have various internal policies, perhaps due to lawsuits they have to be more open about those policies. Lord knows the Mouse doesn't like the courtroom.

I've seen no evidence that Loews is rolling out a policy like this. That's just wishful thinking by people that support Disney doing it.

As far as I know, security checks are only done on rooms that have denied housekeeping. They won't come early in the morning, they come by after housekeeping is done for the day, and only to the rooms they couldn't get into. On our last DVC trip, i only saw them twice, at around 5pm, over a 12 night stay, and we knew they were coming because our trash hadn't been picked up by housekeeping.

Sorry, this isn't accurate. I've followed the threads and posts on this policy since it surfaced. There are hundreds of reports on DIS of CM's pounding on the door until someone answers. It's happened in the morning and afternoon. It seems to be hit and miss as to which guests experience the negative side of it.

Sorry, rteetz....I'm really trying to move on, they won't let me.....lol.

Could have been in press event where it wasn't put out online in a release but rather for eyes only?

Definitely not shared by Disney. The Club is incredibly strict about the no sharing pictures policy. The Club cast members spend time every day searching for leaks. They would not have sent this out in any form.

Definitely not shared by Disney. The Club is incredibly strict about the no sharing pictures policy. The Club cast members spend time every day searching for leaks. They would not have sent this out in any form.
Oh I know they were very strict just thinking of a way it could’ve gotten out. Disney does sometimes show things to press without sending out a release with it.

I've seen no evidence that Loews is rolling out a policy like this. That's just wishful thinking by people that support Disney doing it.

Well there was no DND tag in my room and I was there just over a month ago. In fact it was similar to the room occupied tag. I'm just reporting what I saw, I don't really care one way or another whether they do away with it or not.

That comment was referring to room checks at the hotels, not security at the parks.

Fine, let me rephrase this, who cares! I'd rather have the security checks as opposed to some maniacal homicidal maniac plows through people with an assault riffle just because the rooms go unchecked. Do you think Disney is the only one doing this? It's all over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter