News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you are in luck - we are going back May 2020 so I am positive it will be down for us instead of you! :rotfl:

In reality I did prepare me and Micky (my SO) that two of our favorite rides (people mover and Everest) may be down when we go. He did the cringe face, but honestly, I was way more upset when Splash was down during our last October trip. I love that ride.
As long as Splash is up and running, I can handle other closures. It's gotten to the point where we go enough that if something is down, I know we'll get it next time.

I think you can blame me, they always do something like this when I'm there! ;)

There are also people like me who aren't going to WDW because of their daily "security" check policy.

you could stay off site ... talking about crowds at the park, only a portion of the crowds come from people staying at Disney hotels

you could stay off site ... talking about crowds at the park, only a portion of the crowds come from people staying at Disney hotels

If I stayed offsite I'd still be supporting WDW by spending money in their parks. i won't spend money there until they change the policy. I won't get into my reasons as this isn't the thread for that.

NEWS

Disney's Dream Big Princess Video series coming

21 girls and women from 13 countries to produce and direct digital shorts to inspire the next generation and support a $1M donation from Disney to the United Nations Foundation’s Girl Up

I know Disney is a corporation in the most capitalistic of senses, but love that they do things like this - to push female filmmakers and leaders and visionaries and get their message out there and inspire other girls

Just out of curiosity why? Their bag check is no different than most other theme parks and professional sports venues.

Edit: sorry misread, thought you meant the bag check.

No, the resort room check.

I also think the lack of real free dining is having an impact.

To me real free dining promo is a full DDP at a Mod resort, not quick service dining.

Between these 2 things I've lost so much interest I barely come to DIS anymore. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way.

No, the resort room check.

I also think the lack of real free dining is having an impact.

To me real free dining promo is a full DDP at a Mod resort, not quick service dining.

Between these 2 things I've lost so much interest I barely come to DIS anymore. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way.
I don't think not having free dining is detracting people at all. Disney only does discounts when they are needed and really it isn't needed like it was before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter