• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2017

I hope the WDW gods are listening to your Bloody Mary stands.

You can already get a yummy breakfast at the french bakery and mimosas if you're ok with a bit of DIY mimosa situation...and I totally am:) I love starting an Epcot day that way, and almost always do!

I've always dreamed of what interesting stuff they could come up with for breakfast in Morrocco and the UK seems like a slam dunk. That's a lot of breakfast reservations to fill though.

I think we need more details on DIY mimosas.

I think we need more details on DIY mimosas.

They sell champagne and orange juice - so easy peasy. They sell mimosas in the french bakery already, but they're mostly oj, and mine are way better:) Paired with a lovely croissant with an insane amount of butter (key) - excellent start to a day! Or the creamy tart with strawberries? Not bad at all.

You can already get a yummy breakfast at the french bakery and mimosas if you're ok with a bit of DIY mimosa situation...and I totally am:) I love starting an Epcot day that way, and almost always do!

I've always dreamed of what interesting stuff they could come up with for breakfast in Morrocco and the UK seems like a slam dunk. That's a lot of breakfast reservations to fill though.

Yeah, I am thinking more quick service

Could do Micheladas in Mexico as well for more morning adult drink variety

I see your point. Are all of the countries (besides Norway) still sponsoring their pavilions though? I know the "sponsoring" was the main reason why all or most of the country pavilions were built. I still think a new pavilion is possible. We will just see if Disney decides to build one or not.

It's possible...but still very unlikely...the reason isn't solely sponsorship...or least not in the way everyone thinks.

It's the Walt disney world international program...and I don't think they can get any other countries to "partner" with...

They sell champagne and orange juice - so easy peasy. They sell mimosas in the french bakery already, but they're mostly oj, and mine are way better:) Paired with a lovely croissant with an insane amount of butter (key) - excellent start to a day! Or the creamy tart with strawberries? Not bad at all.

Oh, they sell mimosas too ... I don't remember it being on the menu, but it was $7. I got them every morning of Marathon Weekend this year right when the park opened. Mimosa and ham & cheese croissant = Breakfast of Champions.

UPDATE: Proof of Boozes with Timestamp!
Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 8.47.37 PM.png

Last edited:
Oh, they sell mimosas too ... I don't remember it being on the menu, but it was $7. I got them every morning of Marathon Weekend this year right when the park opened. Mimosa and ham & cheese croissant = Breakfast of Champions.

UPDATE: Proof of Boozes with Timestamp!
View attachment 276075

Sounds like we're having very similar breakfasts. I took exactly 1 food pick on my entire trip a few weeks back...I live in the moment (or I was enjoying the drinks too much and forget).

ETA: Sorry to be ot, but I'd be really excited if WS opened earlier. REALLY excited. I bet the back parts would be empty and that'd make me so happy.

Sounds like we're having very similar breakfasts. I took exactly 1 food pick on my entire trip a few weeks back...I live in the moment (or I was enjoying the drinks too much and forget).

ETA: Sorry to be ot, but I'd be really excited if WS opened earlier. REALLY excited. I bet the back parts would be empty and that'd make me so happy.

:offtopic: Alert!

I brought one of my BFFs with me for Marathon Weekend this year - she's in her mid 30's and had never been to Disney, so she was fully expecting it to be like a nicer Six Flags. We stayed at BCV and walked in to Epcot every morning. She's coming back to Marathon Weekend with me in January (at BCV again, because duh) and her only request was "Breakfast in France every morning" ... I'm pretty sure I can make that happen.

I do wish other places would open as well, but given how spectacularly breakfast in Mexico failed, I doubt it will happen in the near future sadly.

Just FYI, CR/BLT is the only resort you can get the fireworks music on the TV. You cannot at GF or Poly.

It’s on channel 105, which in typical Disney-fashion is still currently labeled “Wishes” (see below). Also interestingly enough, this channel also shows up at Poly (and I think GF to but not 100% sure about that) but the audio does not play there. This has always bugged me, especially at Poly!

View attachment 276032
THANK YOU!
You made me feel less insane about not being able to find it at Poly!

you are welcome, i guess its part of the reason we are here as friends, to help each other out in times of needs...

On the Gigantic news, the article I read (inside the Magic I believe) said they would be working on a different project that will be out thanksgiving 2020. Any ideas?? (I am still holding out hope for an Italian princess lol)

By the way...the showcase has a lot of maintenance and horticulture going on right up until 11 am...as many know. Hard to plant flowers in the dark sometimes.

By the way...the showcase has a lot of maintenance and horticulture going on right up until 11 am...as many know. Hard to plant flowers in the dark sometimes.

Well, they need to get there at 3AM like the merchandising peeps do.

Guess that doesn't solve the darkness problem...

Well, they need to get there at 3AM like the merchandising peeps do.

Guess that doesn't solve the darkness problem...

They are...in futureworld...or marvel land...or whatever it's called now.

Epcot and magic kingdom have a ton of "topside" maintenance each day...they were built in the high overhead era that big shot Bobby doesn't like. There is a lot that goes on from daybreak until 5 minutes before opening...and it's tough to move that around.

Early showcase opening would be a logistical issue. We had to sign a waiver to have a wedding in there before opening.

We bellied up to the Dawa bar one morning a couple weeks ago and I was amazed at how many bloody Mary's the bartender had to make. I don't like them and was perfectly content with beer, but he had to go into Tusker to get more bacon strips to put into the bloody mary's because he ran out. He told me they always give him 30 pieces of bacon when he opens but he has lately been getting more earlier and earlier.

They are...in futureworld...or marvel land...or whatever it's called now.

Epcot and magic kingdom have a ton of "topside" maintenance each day...they were built in the high overhead era that big shot Bobby doesn't like. There is a lot that goes on from daybreak until 5 minutes before opening...and it's tough to move that around.

Early showcase opening would be a logistical issue. We had to sign a waiver to have a wedding in there before opening.

pretty sure if they told management that "by opening WS earlier you would increase revenue by X and profits by Y" they would figure out how to make it work ... some sort of electrical lighting tool - I mean, I am sure the imagineers could come up with something

We bellied up to the Dawa bar one morning a couple weeks ago and I was amazed at how many bloody Mary's the bartender had to make. I don't like them and was perfectly content with beer, but he had to go into Tusker to get more bacon strips to put into the bloody mary's because he ran out. He told me they always give him 30 pieces of bacon when he opens but he has lately been getting more earlier and earlier.

So basically...people like to get blitzed when they don't have to drive on vacation?

Wow...I had no idea...I should try that sometime...

I think "day drinking" is something that really increases when people are on vacation ... and I think bloody marys are one of those things that sound better when the person next to you orders one:

"you know, I haven't had one of those in about 5 years, I'll take one too!"

*five minutes later*

"ugh, this thing is terrible"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter