• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2017

pretty sure if they told management that "by opening WS earlier you would increase revenue by X and profits by Y" they would figure out how to make it work ... some sort of electrical lighting tool - I mean, I am sure the imagineers could come up with something

Oh absolutely...not impossible.

But an issue nonetheless.

Thinking about it again...I think that they need to have mainline rides in two more spots before an opening...cause then they'd have to staff some restaurants and the shops as well...

So if you have Elsa's boats, rat, a ride in Germany and Japan? That would be enough to draw crowds and full operational slate. And it would be "spaced" amongst the promenade as well.

Oh absolutely...not impossible.

But an issue nonetheless.

Thinking about it again...I think that they need to have mainline rides in two more spots before an opening...cause then they'd have to staff some restaurants and the shops as well...

So if you have Elsa's boats, rat, a ride in Germany and Japan? That would be enough to draw crowds and full operational slate. And it would be "spaced" amongst the promenade as well.

Well, the other option is that you open up the two sides, but not the middle:
.... so going left around the lagoon you have Mexico and Norway (both with rides and can have/expand food, etc.) - maybe you extend to China as well and then you stop at the draw bridge
.... and then right you have the UK (which is getting a ride) and France (which is getting a ride) and can have food at Canada and there. maybe extend to Morocco and can do a breakfast at Spice Road Table which would be nice out on the water.

Then you still do the prep needed from 9-11 at the rest of the pavilions

Well, the other option is that you open up the two sides, but not the middle:
.... so going left around the lagoon you have Mexico and Norway (both with rides and can have/expand food, etc.) - maybe you extend to China as well and then you stop at the draw bridge
.... and then right you have the UK (which is getting a ride) and France (which is getting a ride) and can have food at Canada and there. maybe extend to Morocco and can do a breakfast at Spice Road Table which would be nice out on the water.

Then you still do the prep needed from 9-11 at the rest of the pavilions

They already have done the "crescent moon" formation for a long time...international gateway and akerhus...

In order to make it a real innings eater/draw and pull people not only from the front of the park...but from magic kingdom and MGM...it will take the full concourse and more rides...maybe more than I think.

They already know this.

We bellied up to the Dawa bar one morning a couple weeks ago and I was amazed at how many bloody Mary's the bartender had to make. I don't like them and was perfectly content with beer, but he had to go into Tusker to get more bacon strips to put into the bloody mary's because he ran out. He told me they always give him 30 pieces of bacon when he opens but he has lately been getting more earlier and earlier.

It's how people are dealing with the wait for FoP

It isn’t the first time they’ve tested him. Definitely to see how things work for SWL.

maybe it was inaccurate but the article implied this was the first time he was out and about in Tomorrowland - that previously it was in enclosed spaces (Launch Bay, D23, etc.) ... so sort of a next step in testing for what will be needed in SWGE

maybe it was inaccurate but the article implied this was the first time he was out and about in Tomorrowland - that previously it was in enclosed spaces (Launch Bay, D23, etc.) ... so sort of a next step in testing for what will be needed in SWGE
Yes that is true. Previously he was in smaller spaces.

By the way...the showcase has a lot of maintenance and horticulture going on right up until 11 am...as many know. Hard to plant flowers in the dark sometimes.

Often when I'm cruising through the UK before its open (and looking longingly at the closed bar), I see the guys working on the gardens and think of Alice in Wonderland. If they just piped in the "painting the roses red" song they could do it during hours and add it to the entertainment lineup.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter