News Round Up 2017

All 3 of the systems in question are different technology than the Disney proposal. One is an aerial tramway, another is a "pulsed gondola" where the cabins are permanently attached to the cable, and the 3rd appears to be a bicable detachable gondola where one stationary cable supports the cabins and a 2nd provides propulsion.

The bicable system is obsolete technology, which involves lots of moving parts on the individual cabins. The aerial tramway and pulsed gondolas start and stop the cable every time the cabins start or stop moving, which obviously introduces a lot more opportunity for problems than the constantly moving cable of a monocable system.

Yes, quite old: That gondola system is over sixty years old, and over the course of its life it has been taken down and put back up, and despite all that it didn't have its first accident until its 46th year. If anything, the fact that this is just the second incident in sixty years, and that no one was seriously injured in either incident, should calm the worries that guests may have had about the WDW system.

It's funny to think that people who have travelled to come to an amusement (theme) park where they are dropped, spun, flung and shaken all day would be afraid of a cable car that suspends them 30 feet above the ground. But of course, there will be people that will refuse to go on it. (And ignore the fact that Soarin' takes you 90 feet in the air and has you held in by only a seat belt.)

It's funny to think that people who have travelled to come to an amusement (theme) park where they are dropped, spun, flung and shaken all day would be afraid of a cable car that suspends them 30 feet above the ground. But of course, there will be people that will refuse to go on it. (And ignore the fact that Soarin' takes you 90 feet in the air and has you held in by only a seat belt.)
Is soarin really 90 feet? I thought it was 75, tops.

Is soarin really 90 feet? I thought it was 75, tops.

We were told on the backstage tour it was 87 feet in the top row. I rounded up to 90. (My least favorite ride from a "fear" standpoint is Soarin' - this piece of information did not help me. I do it anyways.)

Wow 21 songs!

That's about normal for a Disney Broadway musical. It should be good. I'll probably end up seeing it once when it goes on tour. I'm also not to far from CO, so I have thought about making a small trip to see it. However, I'm thinking I would want to see the finished product.

I know on the deluxe soundtrack for the movie there were a number of songs that were cut from the film - I wonder if any of them will be included

I always thought "We Know Better" was a really good song and that the "Spring Pageant" could be used as a good narrative for introducing the show / plot

We were told on the backstage tour it was 87 feet in the top row. I rounded up to 90. (My least favorite ride from a "fear" standpoint is Soarin' - this piece of information did not help me. I do it anyways.)
I had no idea it was that big. Then again, I always end up in the bottom row.

I know on the deluxe soundtrack for the movie there were a number of songs that were cut from the film - I wonder if any of them will be included

I always thought "We Know Better" was a really good song and that the "Spring Pageant" could be used as a good narrative for introducing the show / plot
I'm pretty sure that will happen. Most of the Broadway shows Disney has done have included songs that were cut from the actual film, or have changed the words of the song depending on a "new" story in the musical.

For example:
- "Proud of Your Boy" was cut from the movie Aladdin, but it was added to the Broadway production. It is probably my favorite song in the whole show as well.
- "He Lives in You/They Live in You" melody can be heard in the movie the Lion King I believe, but you don't have "words" to that song in the movie. In the Broadway show, they have added words and those songs have become my favorite songs in the show as well.
- The words in "Santa Fe" are different in the movie than in the Broadway show, Newsies, to my knowledge.

I find myself liking songs that aren't in the movie to be my favorites in the Broadway shows.

That only seems fair, why should AP holders get something more than what TIW holders are paying extra for.

I am having such a hard time deciding if TIW is worth it. I know this isn't really the forum for this - so please don't bother to respond to that question. But when I look at the AP/DVC discounts vs the TIW discount I cannot quite wrap my head around whether we will spend enough to make it worth it. (With the current 20% AP discount it definitely doesn't seem worth it since we aren't heavy drinkers.)

That only seems fair, why should AP holders get something more than what TIW holders are paying extra for.

I am having such a hard time deciding if TIW is worth it. I know this isn't really the forum for this - so please don't bother to respond to that question. But when I look at the AP/DVC discounts vs the TIW discount I cannot quite wrap my head around whether we will spend enough to make it worth it. (With the current 20% AP discount it definitely doesn't seem worth it since we aren't heavy drinkers.)

I am a heavy drinker and my wife is an AP holder and we discussed this very same thing the other day. She thinks I need to drink less which would make the TIW not worth it. I think she needs to drink more which will make the TIW worth it I am resolved to lose this one, but I love the banter and appreciate that there are some fights worth losing if not for the only reason being that I might have a better shot winning the next one (Raglan vs. Homecoming). pirate: aRghhhh!!!!!!

Last edited:
Wait a second, so you can PAY (in top of admission) to have someone take you around to different places that serve SNACKS in the MK? Because you can't just walk around and get that for yourself because...?

I hope the price of admit at least includes the cost of snacks.

For $9.95 I'll draw you a custom map

Yeah, but will you tell me the history of the dole whip while I'm eating it?

I'm pretty sure that will happen. Most of the Broadway shows Disney has done have included songs that were cut from the actual film, or have changed the words of the song depending on a "new" story in the musical.

For example:
- "Proud of Your Boy" was cut from the movie Aladdin, but it was added to the Broadway production. It is probably my favorite song in the whole show as well.
- "He Lives in You/They Live in You" melody can be heard in the movie the Lion King I believe, but you don't have "words" to that song in the movie. In the Broadway show, they have added words and those songs have become my favorite songs in the show as well.
- The words in "Santa Fe" are different in the movie than in the Broadway show, Newsies, to my knowledge.

I find myself liking songs that aren't in the movie to be my favorites in the Broadway shows.

"He Lives In You" is from The Lion King 2. They changed "He" to "They" in the Broadway version. One of my favorite Disney songs of all time.

speaking of Lion King, has anyone heard of negotiations moving forward with Beyonce. Some reports I've seen today is to the tune of 25 million with a clause that she would produce the soundtrack. Has anyone else seen this?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter