News Round Up 2017

I had the feeling someone would bring this up after my comment haha. I'm ok with the ToT event because the 13th Hour event was held late from 10PM to 1AM.

If they closed down the ride for a full park day and required you to pay extra to ride it, I would have a big issue with it. If it's afterhours, I don't care what they charge for a 'premium' experience.
I get that it was after hours. But it still was a tough pill to swallow for many that were saddened to see that version of the attraction go (including myself)...
Now, that being said, GoTG is an awesome reimagining!! It is just So. Much. Fun!!!

It has been my favorite ride in the park at times, but I cannot be disappointed by a replacement until I've personally ridden the replacement.
In my mind I'm not even bummed about the replacement, just sad they're taking out the GMR. I'm sure the Mickey ride will have its followers

With the MuppetVision closure I have heard the projector/bulb finally died. They have been wanting to switch the show to digital and this allows them to do that.
So I guess switching to digital isn't a labor intensive thing then since they are only closed at this time until August 1st with a reopening August 2nd?

Someone wrote on social media that Hollywood studios just lost its heart. While that's a bit dramatic, people weren't going on the ride, and that cast member skit got old in 1998. Just too bad it was let waste away.
Totally agree that the ride absolutely needed upgrading - the mob/cowboy scene, followed by the temple scene were really old and tired, but I always loved the Land of Oz part.

Totally agree that the ride absolutely needed upgrading - the mob/cowboy scene, followed by the temple scene were really old and tired, but I always loved the Land of Oz part.

Thanks.

Yea, everything that was vintage Hollywood was so fun. But, they're responding to foot traffic

Someone wrote on social media that Hollywood studios just lost its heart. While that's a bit dramatic, people weren't going on the ride, and that cast member skit got old in 1998. Just too bad it was let waste away.
Definitely a little dramatic but I get the sentiment. That ride was really the gist of what the original studios was about, and while I know it's moving away from that idea, I think it still had a place in the park

Thanks for posting that! I've always wanted to see some of the details up close. Getting a chance to read the Crew Roster in the Aliens section was good for a laugh.

I have fond memories of riding TGMR when the Studios first opened. I was excited that my kids would finally get a chance to ride it when they first went a couple of years ago. Unfortunately, the cast interaction had been trimmed back a bit and the actors didn't seem too into it. Also, my children probably recognized only about 30% of the movies represented and cared a lot about even fewer of them. Sadly, that's just how it's going to work when you're showcasing a time capsule of movies, most of which have not been updated in generations. It was always doomed to a future of being a beloved ride of an ever-aging population.

Mickey will liven things up though. He's criminally under-represented in WDW attractions. If they were ever going to replace TGMR, I'm glad it's Mickey. Though I still secretly hold out hope that they sneak in some nods to the classic cartoons!

I'm confused about why people keep saying no one went on GMR. During my last few trips the wait quickly rose to an hour and stayed around there.

I check wait times a lot at work (I hate my job and it is very tedious and boring) and it usually has a long wait.

If people think it's outdated, that is fine, but I don't know where all this is coming from that people didn't ride it.

I'm confused about why people keep saying no one went on GMR. During my last few trips the wait quickly rose to an hour and stayed around there.

I check wait times a lot at work (I hate my job and it is very tedious and boring) and it usually has a long wait.

If people think it's outdated, that is fine, but I don't know where all this is coming from that people didn't ride it.

People rode it - but also have to keep in mind that there aren't *that* many options at DHS - especially once you add in tiering of FPs

They want the new ride to help draw some crowds away from Star Wars Galaxy's Edge - GMR (without serious updates) I don't think would do that

So... What do you guys and gals think Disney plans to do with the props, equipment, costumes, and artwork from the GMR? What are the odds we will have a chance to get our hands on some of it, even if at an exorbitant price? I would LOVE to have a piece of the GMR for my movie room or office!

So... What do you guys and gals think Disney plans to do with the props, equipment, costumes, and artwork from the GMR? What are the odds we will have a chance to get our hands on some of it, even if at an exorbitant price? I would LOVE to have a piece of the GMR for my movie room or office!
The actual artifacts from the queue will likely go to some film archives.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter