News from the BWV annual meeting - Dining plan

Hmmm... I think it would be... just like valet parking.

keishashadow said:
Yipee, off to call MS for more into.

Of course, we'll miss out in Dec., but could use next year...just wonder whether or not to buy our AP's in Dec.?

Will post if I obtain more info.
Thanks keishashadow for doing the leg work and getting us all the details!

bicker said:
Hmmm... I think it would be... just like valet parking.

Maybe. I hope it isn't part of the increase in "management" of 20% at OKW. Although, it would explain the dues hike for the WDW-DVC resorts.

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Dancing........

We have a 4day trip in a studio in May so this should be great for us......

Did MS say if we pay up front or when we arrive?

Gotta add those ADR's now.....

Oh boy. Thanks for the news. I am so happy for everyone. I know there are a lot of DVCers who have been waiting. I don't think I would ever use it. But reading these posts maybe for a short trip.

But I will say....even though I probably won't make use of it. .... I used it at POP "free" (and POP was only $77 rack) in September and I enjoyed it immensely and thought that it gave great variety. In fact, we went nuts on the grapes and our snacks were gone three days before checkout. I absolutely hate reservations....planning for TS restaurants annoy me but for those who love doing sitdowns at WDW...I think you should get excited because I think you are going to love it. At least we all have the choice now. Enjoy everyone!

Chuck S said:
Interesting, I too am shocked they are offering the diing plan at the same price. But even so, I doubt we'd use it. It seems for us, staying 9 or 10 nights per visit, and being adults, that the DDE is still the best for our situation. I added up all our restaurant bills, including tip, from our last visit and "the plan" was about a "break-even" point, even paying cash for CA grill, which is two dining credits.

That's me. I think with DDE I am better off. I don't want a "sit down" meal every day and for the short stays I do (lots of one to two night stays it's hard to justify spending that money when I come in late one day and leave early two days later. Glad those that can benfit are getting it.!

I too am shocked that the price is that low!

Assuming it is the same plan as offered to regular WDW guests, it is one Counter Service meal, one "snack" and one Table Servce/Buffet meal credit per night of your room ressie, it includes tip. It does not include alcohol or "speciality" non-alcoholic beverages.

Table service meal includes appetizer, beverage. entree and dessert.

Dinner shows & "Signature" restaurants, including Cinderella's Royal Table, require two TS credits per person.

Well, they came through on a member request (although I too probably wouldn't use it; DDE is a great value and I like the flexibility of that program)

But was there any more info about online bookings, checking point balances, etc?? Or are they focussing on adding the dining plan to increase value to potential buyers?

yes there was information on using the member website as well. Online booking was not specifically mentioned. Banking will not come for at least a few more months.

Cheryl

I'm not really surprised the price is the same. I think the dining plan itself is a money maker in its own right, even when people try to maximize it's value. The restaurants are packed. People are committed to paying for two meals onsite a day for their entire length of stay. All those folks at table service are probably ordering wine and beer, not included in the plan. Now that the dining plan has been around for almost a year, they must have decided it's a moneymaker. I don't think it is being subsidized and I don't think they are doing it to be nice.

On some other thread, don't know if it was DVC or on the restaurants board, someone said someone from Disney said that believe it or not, tons of credits never even get used.

goofyforlife said:
:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Dancing........

We have a 4day trip in a studio in May so this should be great for us......

Did MS say if we pay up front or when we arrive?

Gotta add those ADR's now.....

Hi! I called MS because I was wondering this too. The CM I talked to looked it up and told me that the dining plan must be reserved prior to arrival, but that you pay for it when you check in. HTH! :earsgirl:

BTW - cherylp3, thanks for taking time from your vacation to post this for us!

Thanks all for the information. I am very happy about this and we will definitely use it! :cool1:

We may try this in May, the DDE isn't valid on Mother's Day. Do you think the members have to be in the room? We have 2 rooms booked, one for us and one for Dmother.

rwc :sunny:

Great news! We won't be able to use it in Jan 06 but will definately give it a try next December.

For those of you going in December 2005 that have the DDE card...I suggest you add up all your dining from the trip, including tip, and see if the new Dining Plan will be of an advantage to you. If not, you may see if you can renew your DDE in December...just in case Disney decides to end that perk for AP holders.

Jen D said:
On some other thread, don't know if it was DVC or on the restaurants board, someone said someone from Disney said that believe it or not, tons of credits never even get used.

and I can see how -- we have a quick bite to eat in our DVC accomodation and always snacks/drinks and have one main sit down. I am so full after that one main meal---I do not see how some ppl can eat 1 snack, 1 CS, and 1 sit down every day!!

I still like the DDE card --

I was reading on the other dining plan and they offered a "Junior" for kids 10-17. Are they offering that too? That would be a HUGE help for us with three kids in that age range!! I don't think my girls could eat adult portions by themselves!! Thanks!! Kim

It's good to hear that we have another perk. But, it sure will be hard to get into our favorite eateries now...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter