News from the BWV annual meeting - Dining plan

cherylp3

Florida Resident
Hi,

I hope this hasn't been posted already.

The magic your way dining plan will be available to start booking in Jan. 2006 for reservations from April 2006 and forawrd.

Cheryl

Great news! And you are the first to post it!

Now - what about the details?

Will the plan be the same price with same features as that offered to room & ticket package guests?

Will DVC members have to buy MYW tickets to get the plan?

You can be sure we all want to know!

Thanks for posting!

Best wishes -

P.S. What else di d you find out at the meeting? Wish I could have been there with you!

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Thanks for the newsflash! That's a great addition! I don't know if well use it but I love that it is offered!!

Anyother news??

:Pinkbounc If we already have MYW tickets with the no-expiration option that we're planning to use on a trip in January, can we add the dining on then?

From what I understood, the actual use by DVC members would not start until April.

Other information:
New Features to be added to the DVC website

Interesting Questions:
Internet Access Charge - They will ask but they need to recoup the money they spent to put the internet access in place.

Travel Insurance - Could the about reimbursed be increased?
Answer: They will look into this.

Sofabeds will be changing at BWV.

Yeah! I was hoping it would happen soon! We are booked for a trip in March so I see your post states starting in April is that correct? Is it going to be like the other dining plan offered at the other disney properties. Is the number of night of dining going to be connected to your number of nights you stay NOT your tickets and everyone in the room must be on the plan?

Thanks for any information you have ! :wave2:

Yipee, off to call MS for more into.

Of course, we'll miss out in Dec., but could use next year...just wonder whether or not to buy our AP's in Dec.?

Will post if I obtain more info.

It's official!:banana: Just got off the phone w/MS. The Dining Plan will, indeed, be available to DVC'ers staying on points.

Details:

*$37.99/Adult & $10.99/Child (ages 3-9)

**Dining must be purchased for: Length of Stay & All Persons Registered in room

***NOT tied into ANY ticket (i.e. you can use MYW tix, AP/PAP's whatever to utilize the parks - but, don't have to purchase ANY ADDITIONAL PARK TICKETS in order to purchase the plan).

****You can book beginning in January for April, 2006, usage.

Wonderful to have this option available...Woooooo - Hooooooo!

Thanks for the details, keishashadow!

I will admit I am surprised. Never thought DVC would allow us to buy the plan without also buying a MYW ticket and at the same price as the CRO/WDWTC package people. (I think the price quoted is for 2005, though. Isn't it going up for 2006? Doubt DVC members would get the plan for less than the package guests. Wonder if the dining will be offered to room only cash guests next year - those having APs, using room discount codes?).

IMHO, this new perk ranks right up there with the wonderful DVC discount on APs/PAPs (even though I do not think we personally will use the dining plan)

Best wishes-

Great news.

I guess this probably means that the Dining plan is a success... even if people are maximizing their value by ordering more expensive entrees, Disney must still be coming out ahead. I wonder if this will also be available to non-DVC Ap holders with an AP room rate.

Interesting, I too am shocked they are offering the diing plan at the same price. But even so, I doubt we'd use it. It seems for us, staying 9 or 10 nights per visit, and being adults, that the DDE is still the best for our situation. I added up all our restaurant bills, including tip, from our last visit and "the plan" was about a "break-even" point, even paying cash for CA grill, which is two dining credits.

Chuck S said:
Interesting, I too am shocked they are offering the diing plan at the same price. But even so, I doubt we'd use it. It seems for us, staying 9 or 10 nights per visit, and being adults, that the DDE is still the best for our situation. I added up all our restaurant bills, including tip, from our last visit and "the plan" was about a "break-even" point, even paying cash for CA grill, which is two dining credits.
Chuck,

What's DDE? How does it differ from the dining plan?

Thanks for the info!! I think I am staying with the DDE card on my upcoming trip though. . . . when staying 9/10 days -- a better deal I think with the DDE card

I heard this last spring that DVC was discussing this option for DVC members. . . .

WOOT!! I think would be good for short weekendd trips though :rolleyes:

I'm shocked as well. I sure hope our fees aren't going towards subsidizing this.

KyleRayner said:
Chuck,

What's DDE? How does it differ from the dining plan?

The DDE is Disney Dining Experience card. You must be a FL resident ($75) or an Annual Passholder ($50) to obtain the card.

Basic info:

DISNEY DINING EXPERIENCE:

Become a member in the Disney Dining Experience program for $50.00, a $25.00 savings off of the regular price.

The Disney Dining Experience gives you:
  • 20% off of food and beverages at over 70 Disney Resort hotel and Theme Park restaurants. (Discount is good for up to 10 guests.)
  • Theme Park and Resort parking for dining purposes
  • Member-Only invitations to exclusive events
Annual Passholders can join up by calling 407-566-5858 (Mon-Fri, 9:00am to 6:pm EST). The Disney Dining Experience is not accepted during holidays, including New Year's Eve, New Year's Day, Easter, Mother's Day, July 4, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Please allow 2 to 3 weeks for processing.

Note that Cinderella's Royal Table will not be included beginning February 2006.

RESTAURANT LISTING

bicker said:
I'm shocked as well. I sure hope our fees aren't going towards subsidizing this.

Ditto, I'm not sure it would be legal. If there are any subsidies required, maybe they are being picked up by DVD marketing - since I'm willing to bet they want it as a feature.

Uh oh, I would not be happy to see the Disney Dining perk as a line item in our budgets.

Personally, I do not think I would use the Dining Plan since we enjoy a quick breakfast in our villa while getting ready for the day. We do well with a light snack at lunch and use our DDE card usually for our evening meal.

I would perhaps consider it for a short trip though. With a family of 4 (adults) the dining would certainly add to the cost of a longer trip as ChuckS suggested.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter