Newbie planning Harry Potter focused trip, no clue what I’m doing

Which is better to start the morning—Hogsmeade or Diagon? We will have early entry access and I can’t find the schedule yet for Feb, but it looks like they do one park for early entry the whole month. So if it’s Hogmeade for both mornings we are there is it still better to just start at whatever one has early entry?
February hours are finally on the Universal app. (I have been checking daily because we will be there 2/20-2/23.) IoA has early entry Presidents Day weekend.

Last edited:
February hours are finally on the Universal app. (I have been checking daily because we will be there 2/20-2/23.) IoA has early entry Pesidents Day weekend.
Where do you see them in the app? I keep looking and can’t find anything beyond Jan 31 2024. But I’m new to navigating the app

Where do you see them in the app? I keep looking and can’t find anything beyond Jan 31 2024. But I’m new to navigating the app
Open the app and select "park hours" on the home page and then "theme park hours." If you touch the January calendar, you can scroll it up to reveal February and then click on individual days.

Just scroll down. February hours are under January. You'll have to click on the specific day to see the hours and early entry information.
Thanks! Just realized I was looking at the regular website 🤦‍♀️ and it was right in front of my face on the app

Stay at the cheapest deluxe hotel. One night = two days of express passes and it’s worth it. We were just there the week before Christmas and still waited 30 minutes one way for the Hogwarts Express, same with Flight of the Hippogriff when it went down to one coaster vehicle.

FJ is bad for nausea. I can ride anything at Disney and adore FoP, but I only will do FJ once per trip to appease my eldest. Gringotts is much better, more in sync.

Hagrid’s is worth the hassle of early entry. It’s my favorite coaster second only to Guardians. Hit it first, then hippogriff, then FJ in that order. Take the train over to Diagon Alley. Ollivanders then Gringotts and you’ll have knocked out most of HP before the crowds really arrive. Reward yourself with a strawberry and peanut butter ice cream from Floreans while you peruse the shops and wand spots in Diagon and Knockturn Alley. Adopt a Pygmy puff at Weasley’s. Lunch at Leaky Cauldron, then go through the bricks to visit the Knight Bus, see who’s peeking out the curtains at 12 Grimauld Place, and don’t forget to dial the ministry from the phone booth.

My mom is very prone to motion sickness. Her favorite rides at UO are the Hogwarts Express and Men In Black, and she enjoys the Seuss trolley too.

Have a great trip!

Like the post before, I highly recommend staying at a premiere resort. While not necessary the express pass just removes any issues on time. We usually do a park by lunch, then pools for a bit, then back in the evening. Outside of Hagrid you walk on everything. If husband and daughter like roller coasters they will want to doo Hulk and Velicicoaster. The latter is simply amazing, however lines get to an hour and doubt you would want to be alone. Another nice thing about express is it will allow you the time to leave the park and hit up city walk.

FYI there are no Coke Freestyle machines in the HP areas and only one set of restrooms in each land. You can hear Moaning Myrtle in the ladies room in Hogsmeade.
Check with your MD about Scop patches. They are contraindicated with glaucoma and severe urinary retention (think prostatic hypertrophy). Some people have nightmares/weird dreams. (They used to give scopolamine to women in labor a long time ago to get them through the process, it was called "twilight sleep" and most women wouldn't even remember giving birth.)
Skip the Bertie Botts jellybeans and get a pumpkin pastie or ginger newt cookie at Honeydukes in Hogsmeade or Sugarplum's in Diagon Alley.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter