Newbie planning Harry Potter focused trip, no clue what I’m doing

Mango7100

DIS Veteran
We are Disney veterans and APs who are looking to spend 1-2 days at Universal for the first time over President's Day weekend (I know the crowds will be stupid but we do Disney over New Years so are prepared). DH, myself and DD10 have never been to Universal and are planning just to focus on Wizarding World since we are HP fans. Some questions…

1) Is one day enough if we just do Wizarding World? We had planned on just getting one day ticket with Park Hopper so we can do both sections and take Hogwarts express. We are mainly looking at just focusing on the atmosphere, shopping, trying butter beer, finding a wand, etc

2) Is express pass needed since it’s a holiday weekend? we would do Hagrids which isn’t on it, Gringotts, Hogwarts Express, and Forbidden Journey. I heard the queue for Forbidden Journey is interesting so with Express Pass we would not get to see it. Staying at a Value Universal saves a bunch of money compared to the premier hotel rooms with included express pass.

3) How bad is Forbidden Journey as far as motion sickness? DH can’t do some screen based rides. Flights of Passage was a never again for him. He can do Guardians with ginger candies and focusing on the track. He has to close his eyes for some parts of Remy. If it’s bad we may just skip it or just DD and I do it

Some of our hesitancy with doing Universal has been the lack of ride options for all 3 of us to do together. DH can’t do many screen rides and I don’t do roller coasters bigger than Guardians—Velocicoaster or Hulk is a hard no for me. Not sure if there are a lot of other ride options we can all do together without someone getting sick.

Forbidden Journey can definitely make people sick. You have screens plus physical props. The ride vehicle is on an arm so it moves you around. There’s one section you are basically on your back. You want to do the full queue even if you don’t ride it.

Onsite hotel let you into the HP areas 1 hr early.

You can definitely do the HP in one day. If you are only doing HP , don’t need express but hit the train early because it definitely builds as it has a slow loading process.

Ride the train both ways, you’ll see different things each way. Id say one day is enough for only HP stuff but US is pretty awesome, you may want 2. If you get one night in a deluxe it gives you 2 days of express pass. I don’t like screen rides due to motion sickness issues also, and there are a lot of screen rides there, but I still have a blast there. Do the early entry too because it’ll be PACKED most of the day and it really takes away from the atmosphere. It’s nice to see it without wall to wall people. If you invest in one of the interactive wands there are lots of neat things you can do with it. My kids love doing the spells. Have fun!

I would say no need to get EP for your specific plans. It'd save you time on Hogwarts Express but that's about it. Just plan to hit the train when it's not super busy (earlier in the day, usually).

FJ is definitely a concern for motion sickness. That's probably the worst ride in the park, or maybe Simpsons, for inducing nausea. There are a few places to shut your eyes during screen transitions which would help, but it's pretty hard to know when for a first ride. I'd say walk through the queue together, then he can bop out right before the loading platform. The queue/castle is immersive. If he wants to give it a go, try to aim for a non-empty but not-too-full stomach. Note that the single rider line for it is usually very quick, so you might want to hit it for a quick re-ride.

The Ollivander's in Diagon Alley is usually a shorter wait to see the wand choosing. However, if you start in Islands at Hogsmeade, you can either get in line earlier to reduce the wait, or you can just wander into the store to wand shop, you don't need to see the show first. The line for the wand choosing drops to next to nothing in the evening, but they do close the show before park close so don't wait for the very last thing.

Eating early or late will make for a less crowded meal in Three Broomsticks or Leaky Cauldron. Ideally an early dinner, lunch is far busier at those restaurants. You can see menus online or on the App.

Don't miss the ice cream at Florean Fortesques. It's awesome. If you look at the show schedule, you can also grab an ice cream then take it over to watch Tales of Beedle the Bard or one of the other shows in Diagon Alley. You can pretty much wander up within 2-5min of the show starting and watch, no need to stake it out - it's a slightly raised stage with no seating, but you can sit on the ground up towards the front.

Knockturn Alley sometimes gets missed, make sure to wander in & also check out the cool props in Borgin & Burkes - they capture the more sinister vibe well.

I don’t think you need express passes, but I do think you definitely should do 2 days. One day would mostly be wasted in line in a holiday weekend leaving not enough time to explore and enjoy the Harry Potter lands.

There is an option at forbidden journey to walk the queue to see inside the castle but exit before boarding the ride. That’s my recommendation for those with motion sicknesses.

1) Is one day enough if we just do Wizarding World? We had planned on just getting one day ticket with Park Hopper so we can do both sections and take Hogwarts express. We are mainly looking at just focusing on the atmosphere, shopping, trying butter beer, finding a wand, etc
Technically Yes. You can see everything in both HP areas in one day without EP.

However, if possible, I recommend 2 days. Here's why.

Even in the off season the HP areas become very crowded very quickly. On high attendance days, they can be wall to wall people. Can't see the ground crowded. It can be almost impossible to move around much less look at anything. It's hard to window shop if you can't see the windows through a wall of people. The stores in the HP areas are tiny, more than 3 or 4 people, and they start to fill up.

In addition, the interactive wand spots can get long lines. Sure, you will get a turn, but it isn't as fun to activiate a spell when you have spent the past 5 to 10 minutes watching 5 to 10 people set it off before you. Also, some of the spell locations activate 2 or 3 different ways, so you may want to set the same spell off multiple times, and it's not fun when you feel rushed by a line of people behind you waiting their turn.

So, if the goal is to really take in the details, browse shops, and perform spells, you'll want to do all that as early as possible in the morning. I'd plan one morning for each land then lunch at the HP area restaurants when you get through. That way you are finishing up right when they start to really get crowded. If you are there for the theming, it's worth eating at both the Leaky Cauldron and the Three Broomsticks. Personally, I think both have great food and are a good value for your money as well.

This is what we do on our trips. We schedule one early entry morning for Hogsmeade and one for Diagon Alley if possible or just first thing at opening depending on early entry availability. It's the only way we ever really enjoy these areas as the crowds and lines for wand spots just get so bad as the day goes on.

This would then give you the afternoon to do Hagrids and the Hogwarts Express and not worry about how long the waits are for those rides because you would have already spent a leisurely morning exploring HP. After that, you might be interested in a parade (if running) or show or one of the other attractions in the park.

At US, ET is a slow moving dark ride that wouldn't cause motion sickness (think Peter Pan), and MIB is a fun ride where you get to shoot at animatronic aliens (although some spinning but no screens). Both rides are usually good options for crowded days as MIB has a single rider line that usually moves quickly, and ET is often overlooked tucked out of the way and not a thrill ride.

Also, not sure if you looked at the Mummy. It's in indoor dark coaster. It doesn't go upside down or anything, it might be an option as well. No screens, but a lot of really cool special effects. It's probably Big Thunder Mountain intensity. Sorry, haven't done Gaurdians, so I can't compare to that. It's heavily themed and stops and start as the story progreses, so it's never that bad becuase the runs are so short. It also has a single rider line.

In IOA, you may be interested in the Discover Center where you can see a baby dino hatch and the caves at the back of Camp Jurassic. If there's time and the line isn't too long, you might also enjoy the slow moving Trolley Train (think People Mover) in the Dr. Seuss area. It's motion sickness safe. It's a very underrated attraction that gives you great views looking out over the park. Toon Lagoon is a fun place to explore with great photo opportunities.

This is all just my two cents, though, you can definitely do only the HP areas in the same day if you want. I know two days can by crazy expensive.

2) Is express pass needed since it’s a holiday weekend?
No, not if your only goal is HP.

There are really only two main rides, plus Hagrids. If you rope drop and do Gringots and FJ first, they shouldn't have a long wait if any at all. Then, the wand show and spell locations next. Save Hagrids for last as it will be long no matter when you go, so going early would only ensure everything else has a long line by the time you got off.

The only benefit I see to EP in your sitaution would be if you want to ride HP rides over and over or just do not want to wait at all ever (excluding Hagrids) becuase even without EP, there is plenty of time to see everything even if you have to wait a little.

3) How bad is Forbidden Journey as far as motion sickness?
🤢 BAD

Honestly, I can ride everything at Disney and almost nothing makes me sick, but at Universal, it's the opposite. Almost everything makes me sick with FJ being one of the worst offenders. I have to get motion sickness patches from my Dr before our trips. Depending on how bad your husband's motion sickness is Gringotts might get to him as well. It's not as bad as FJ, but it is a mix of screens and real motion and does effect some people.

A few other general tips for touring HP.

1. Look up, there's great details in the ceilings and around the tops of buildings that people never notice.

2. Take time to really explore, look in windows, listen at doors, tons of little details and Easter eggs all over.

3. You can exchange your muggle money with the goblins for wizarding money. You can also just stop by and talk with them as well.

4. There are 4 kinds of butterbear (regular, frozen, hot, and ice cream), and some people make butter beer floats as well.

5. There are also other wizarding speciality drinks you can try as well that often go overlooked.

6. Check out the different wizarding candy and bakery items.

7. Don't miss Knockturn Alley. There is even a dark arts store in there.

8. You can send mail back home by owl post, bring a stamp and postcard or buy one there.

9. Take time to eat in one of the themed restaurants or the ice cream shop.

10. Ride the Hogwarts Express both ways. To Hogsmeade, have one person go ahead in line when you get to the plexiglass, and the other who hangs back will be able to watch the first person dissappear between platforms 9 3/4. Just be curteous of peolple in line behind you and don't block the path.

11. Catch the different stage shows in both areas.

12. If you care about the storylines, each main ride has a series of little preshows in each room to watch as you go through. Most people just pass on by and don't listen to these, but they are really good and set the tone for the ride, so you may want to stop and let others pass you in line so you can listen to them fully. Sometimes you enter in the middle of one or as it is ending, so you have to wait for it to start up again.

Whatver you decide, you'll have a great time. A first visit to HP World is always a magical awe inspirig experience.

This is all super helpful. I think we will do 2 days to be able to go slow. We typically are rope droppers with mid day break and then come back for evening to close. Watched a video of Forbidden Journey and looks like a hard pass for DH—I don’t get motion sick on screen rides but it looks sketchy even for me!

Technically Yes. You can see everything in both HP areas in one day without EP.

However, if possible, I recommend 2 days. Here's why.

Even in the off season the HP areas become very crowded very quickly. On high attendance days, they can be wall to wall people. Can't see the ground crowded. It can be almost impossible to move around much less look at anything. It's hard to window shop if you can't see the windows through a wall of people. The stores in the HP areas are tiny, more than 3 or 4 people, and they start to fill up.

In addition, the interactive wand spots can get long lines. Sure, you will get a turn, but it isn't as fun to activiate a spell when you have spent the past 5 to 10 minutes watching 5 to 10 people set it off before you. Also, some of the spell locations activate 2 or 3 different ways, so you may want to set the same spell off multiple times, and it's not fun when you feel rushed by a line of people behind you waiting their turn.

So, if the goal is to really take in the details, browse shops, and perform spells, you'll want to do all that as early as possible in the morning. I'd plan one morning for each land then lunch at the HP area restaurants when you get through. That way you are finishing up right when they start to really get crowded. If you are there for the theming, it's worth eating at both the Leaky Cauldron and the Three Broomsticks. Personally, I think both have great food and are a good value for your money as well.

This is what we do on our trips. We schedule one early entry morning for Hogsmeade and one for Diagon Alley if possible or just first thing at opening depending on early entry availability. It's the only way we ever really enjoy these areas as the crowds and lines for wand spots just get so bad as the day goes on.

This would then give you the afternoon to do Hagrids and the Hogwarts Express and not worry about how long the waits are for those rides because you would have already spent a leisurely morning exploring HP. After that, you might be interested in a parade (if running) or show or one of the other attractions in the park.

At US, ET is a slow moving dark ride that wouldn't cause motion sickness (think Peter Pan), and MIB is a fun ride where you get to shoot at animatronic aliens (although some spinning but no screens). Both rides are usually good options for crowded days as MIB has a single rider line that usually moves quickly, and ET is often overlooked tucked out of the way and not a thrill ride.

Also, not sure if you looked at the Mummy. It's in indoor dark coaster. It doesn't go upside down or anything, it might be an option as well. No screens, but a lot of really cool special effects. It's probably Big Thunder Mountain intensity. Sorry, haven't done Gaurdians, so I can't compare to that. It's heavily themed and stops and start as the story progreses, so it's never that bad becuase the runs are so short. It also has a single rider line.

In IOA, you may be interested in the Discover Center where you can see a baby dino hatch and the caves at the back of Camp Jurassic. If there's time and the line isn't too long, you might also enjoy the slow moving Trolley Train (think People Mover) in the Dr. Seuss area. It's motion sickness safe. It's a very underrated attraction that gives you great views looking out over the park. Toon Lagoon is a fun place to explore with great photo opportunities.

This is all just my two cents, though, you can definitely do only the HP areas in the same day if you want. I know two days can by crazy expensive.

No, not if your only goal is HP.

There are really only two main rides, plus Hagrids. If you rope drop and do Gringots and FJ first, they shouldn't have a long wait if any at all. Then, the wand show and spell locations next. Save Hagrids for last as it will be long no matter when you go, so going early would only ensure everything else has a long line by the time you got off.

The only benefit I see to EP in your sitaution would be if you want to ride HP rides over and over or just do not want to wait at all ever (excluding Hagrids) becuase even without EP, there is plenty of time to see everything even if you have to wait a little.

🤢 BAD

Honestly, I can ride everything at Disney and almost nothing makes me sick, but at Universal, it's the opposite. Almost everything makes me sick with FJ being one of the worst offenders. I have to get motion sickness patches from my Dr before our trips. Depending on how bad your husband's motion sickness is Gringotts might get to him as well. It's not as bad as FJ, but it is a mix of screens and real motion and does effect some people.

A few other general tips for touring HP.

1. Look up, there's great details in the ceilings and around the tops of buildings that people never notice.

2. Take time to really explore, look in windows, listen at doors, tons of little details and Easter eggs all over.

3. You can exchange your muggle money with the goblins for wizarding money. You can also just stop by and talk with them as well.

4. There are 4 kinds of butterbear (regular, frozen, hot, and ice cream), and some people make butter beer floats as well.

5. There are also other wizarding speciality drinks you can try as well that often go overlooked.

6. Check out the different wizarding candy and bakery items.

7. Don't miss Knockturn Alley. There is even a dark arts store in there.

8. You can send mail back home by owl post, bring a stamp and postcard or buy one there.

9. Take time to eat in one of the themed restaurants or the ice cream shop.

10. Ride the Hogwarts Express both ways. To Hogsmeade, have one person go ahead in line when you get to the plexiglass, and the other who hangs back will be able to watch the first person dissappear between platforms 9 3/4. Just be curteous of peolple in line behind you and don't block the path.

11. Catch the different stage shows in both areas.

12. If you care about the storylines, each main ride has a series of little preshows in each room to watch as you go through. Most people just pass on by and don't listen to these, but they are really good and set the tone for the ride, so you may want to stop and let others pass you in line so you can listen to them fully. Sometimes you enter in the middle of one or as it is ending, so you have to wait for it to start up again.

Whatver you decide, you'll have a great time. A first visit to HP World is always a magical awe inspirig experience.
Thank you for the tips! I had been thinking of doing Hagrids first if that park has early entry for the morning, but it makes sense to hold off and enjoy the other areas with fewer people. Do the opposite of the early morning masses.

I can see us doping each ride in HP once but not repeatedly. Definitely will look at some other rides there as well especially since we will do 2 days instead of 1. Good to know there are some rides that aren’t huge roller coasters or screen based. DH likes coasters so he takes DD on those and I am OK with screen stuff so I do those with her…we usually split up that way for rides but don’t want it to be like that all day

If you plan to skip the ride Forbidden Journey, do what is called the Castle Tour. You go through the complete regular line and get to see all of the parts of Hogwarts that are part of the queue. When you get to the part where it's time to board, tell a Team Member that you are not interested in riding and they will direct you where to go.

There are four Harry Potter shows, two at each location. They are worth seeing once.

Thank you for the tips! I had been thinking of doing Hagrids first if that park has early entry for the morning, but it makes sense to hold off and enjoy the other areas with fewer people. Do the opposite of the early morning masses.

Yes, see the other thread where they are discussing waits for Hagrids. It gets hour plus waits within minutes of early entry. You would need to be there like an hour before early entry, and even then, with all the cutting and running, could still end up waiting over an hour.

When it first opened, we arrived an hour before early entry and were some of the first to enter the park. The cutting was so bad back then, that we still ended up having a 2 hour wait. Not sure if it is still that bad or not, but I've been watching the times in preparation for our upcoming trip, and it's shooting up so fast, way before official opening.

I would take the time to look in all the shops and do spells plus ride the HP rides while everyone else is in line for VC and Hagrids. It's so much more enjoyable when you can actually see what's on the shelves and move around without bumping into anyone. Exploring Diagon Alley when it is almost empty is very peaceful.

I can see us doping each ride in HP once but not repeatedly. Definitely will look at some other rides there as well especially since we will do 2 days instead of 1. Good to know there are some rides that aren’t huge roller coasters or screen based. DH likes coasters so he takes DD on those and I am OK with screen stuff so I do those with her…we usually split up that way for rides but don’t want it to be like that all day
None of the rides in the Dr. Seuss area have screens. My girls were 11 our first trip and loved the Dr. Seuss area once they got over the idea that it was for little kids. They even watched the Dr. Seuss stage show which they'd never admit to liking but loved, and they got a meet-n-greet with the Grinch after it ended which was one of the highlights of our trip. Most people don't even know the show is there, so once it ends, you practically have the characters to yourself since the crowd watching is usually so low.

Also, I almost forgot, but the animal show is really good. It's outside with real animals, no screens. ET and MIB are nearby it as well, so that might be another good option if you have some free time.

The Bourne show, however, does use a huge moving screen, so you may want to pass on that one.

The Minions Mayhem attraction is basically a 4-d theater show. It uses a huge Imax size screen and is known to cause motion sickness, so be careful of that one as well. I usually sit in the non-moving seats, and it can still get to me.

The Minions Villain-Con attraction also has screens, but I've not heard anyone say it causes motion sickness. It's similiar to Toy Story Mania except you stand on a moving walkway to shoot at targets, so it might be ok.

If spinning is ok, there is a Dumbo type ride in the Simpsons area of US and a Teacups like ride in the Marvel area of IOA. Also, in the Marvel area is a "drop" Tower, only it shoots you up instead of dropping you down. Not sure if that would be ok or not.

Besides water rides of which it will be too cold for, I think that's about all of the non-coaster / non-screen attractions.

Also, keep in mind that you can always go through the lines together even if everyone doesn't ride. Just tell them at boarding you aren't riding and you can exit. Like at Disney, the lines are heavily themed and an attraction unto themselves which might be enjoyable to experience.

I'd definitely look through all the different attractions and see what appeals. If there's enough stuff besides HP that you want to do, then it might be worth it after all to get EP. It would just depend.

Just a comment on Bourne - if your husband can watch a regular movie on an imax screen, he should be fine with it. It’s not like an imax specific movie that has point of view shots intended to make you feel like you’re in the movie, A friend who doesn’t do any rides at Universal (motion sickness and fear of heights) did it and loved it. It’s amazing and both creatively and technologically fascinating. We go multiple times per trip. Once to just enjoy it and once to try to figure things out. And we don’t like the Bourne movies. If you venture out of HP area, I highly recommend.

I also agree about doing 2 days. My brother tried to do an HP only, one day out of a Disney trip, visit. They came away feeling that Universal was more expensive, more crowded, and more rushed than Disney. It’s not but how they did it made it feel that way. As a result my youngest HP loving niece has never gotten to go which is sad.

Everyone else has covered pretty much any advice what I could give. I've been several times and still find little details that I missed from previous trips.

Also, fizzing whizzbees are probably the best candy I've found. We always get several boxes.

Just a comment on Bourne - if your husband can watch a regular movie on an imax screen, he should be fine with it. It’s not like an imax specific movie that has point of view shots intended to make you feel like you’re in the movie, A friend who doesn’t do any rides at Universal (motion sickness and fear of heights) did it and loved it. It’s amazing and both creatively and technologically fascinating. We go multiple times per trip. Once to just enjoy it and once to try to figure things out. And we don’t like the Bourne movies. If you venture out of HP area, I highly recommend.

I also agree about doing 2 days. My brother tried to do an HP only, one day out of a Disney trip, visit. They came away feeling that Universal was more expensive, more crowded, and more rushed than Disney. It’s not but how they did it made it feel that way. As a result my youngest HP loving niece has never gotten to go which is sad.
Good to know. Yes he can do IMAX and 3D movies. I think it’s the combo of moving and screens that gets him. He can do any coaster but cannot do FOp, Mission Space, and Teacups at Disney. He closes his eyes during parts of Remy and Soarin but is fine. Guardians takes some prep and sitting in the front row while looking more at the track and not the screens.

This thread has us excited to try something new. I think we are reversing and instead of doing 2 1/2 days at Disney and 1 at Universal we are going to do 2 1/2 at Universal and 1 at Epcot Festival of the Arts.

If you are doing several days at Universal, I would strongly suggest your DH look into the trans-derm scop anti-nausea patch (or some other form of anti-nausea). It makes for a more enjoyable experience when no one is barred from a ride just because of motion sickness. The scop patch sticks behind your ear and lasts for 3 days. They are prescription in the US (in Canada they are OTC) and you can drink with them, if that matters. My friend uses these, and has gone from not even being able to do Spiderman, to being able to ride anything she wants. Spinning is her nemesis, so MiB can't be back-to-back rides, but once is ok. On FJ, she closes her eyes for the transition into the great hall. She doesn't do big coasters/drops by her own choice.

It’s also going to be Mardi Gras time at Universal in Feb . Food booths - sorta a mini Food and Wine. Nightly parades at Studios side with floats, bead throwing, has concerts after the parade on Saturday and possibly Friday.

Motion sickness is VERY subjective.
For example, I had to take two dramamine to be able to ride Guardians, but I can ride Forbidden Journey twice in a row without an issue (though the third time I might start getting uneasy). Hagrid sits in the middle.
I think FJ is a super amazing ride and well worth to be a bit drowsy because one took a dramamine. It's been my favorite ride in the world for years and still top 3. I prefer it slightly to Hagrid.

Good to know. Yes he can do IMAX and 3D movies. I think it’s the combo of moving and screens that gets him.

Then, he can probably do Minions Mayhem if you sit in the stationary seating that doesn't move. You can actually skip the line if you sit on the benches up front as no one ever does. You just go up to the front of the line and tell the TM you want to do stationary seating, he'll undo the rope and let you inside the building. This attraction always has a long line, so this is a great way to see the movie quickly. It's a really cute attraction, especially if you have any Minion fans in your family.

If you are doing several days at Universal, I would strongly suggest your DH look into the trans-derm scop anti-nausea patch (or some other form of anti-nausea).

Yes, check with a doctor first, but these are a life savor for me. I always get them before my trips. Unlike Dramamine, they don't make you drowsy, so they are a great option. I can ride everything with one of these on.

It’s also going to be Mardi Gras time at Universal in Feb . Food booths - sorta a mini Food and Wine. Nightly parades at Studios side with floats, bead throwing, has concerts after the parade on Saturday and possibly Friday.
Yes, the Mardi Gras parade!!! It is not to be missed. We usually go in February, and the a parade has always been a favorite of the kids. I used to live in New Orleans, and it is just as good as the real thing. You won't want to miss it.

Which is better to start the morning—Hogsmeade or Diagon? We will have early entry access and I can’t find the schedule yet for Feb, but it looks like they do one park for early entry the whole month. So if it’s Hogmeade for both mornings we are there is it still better to just start at whatever one has early entry?

Which is better to start the morning—Hogsmeade or Diagon? We will have early entry access and I can’t find the schedule yet for Feb, but it looks like they do one park for early entry the whole month. So if it’s Hogmeade for both mornings we are there is it still better to just start at whatever one has early entry?
Since you've decided to do 2 or is it (2.5) 3 days? I'd do the HP area in whichever park has early entry one day. Then, if early entry is IOA, you could try for Hagrid's during the second early entry day, and move to Diagon Alley afterwards.

There's a new thread today about Hagrid's where they were talking about if you can make it in the very front of the line to enter the parks, you can get on and off by a little before 8:30. To do this, you need to be at the park entrance no later than 7:15 if early entry is 8:00. If you can't manage that or get a late start, I wouldn't bother trying. Waits immediately jumped to over 100 minutes within minutes of early opening. After riding, I'd switch parks immediately to make it to Diagon Alley before the crowds. Don't wait until 8 to start making your way over. I'm not sure if the Hogwarts Express ever runs before park opening or if you will want to walk over. Maybe someone else knows.

So, if you can do Hagrid's when you wouldn't be touring HP anyway, do it. If not, I'd go back to focusing on HP.

If US is the early entry park, you can either do Diangon Alley twice. You may find you want to go back a second morning to the same land if you didn't quite make it through everything before the crowds picked up the day before.

Or you can go ahead to IOA, so you will be the first back there. A lot of the time, they open up the parks early before official opening time. They usually hold you up front when they do this, but it still puts you at the front of the crowd and gives you some extra time to get settled (lockers, bathroom, breakfast, gift shops, rentals).

I'd still try to tour both HP areas as early as possible, during early entry or first thing at opening, since they are your priority and will get very crowded quickly. Usually by 9:30 / 10 they have already started to fill up.

Edited to Add:
There's a small chance that both parks might have early entry. They will sometimes do this over holidays forecasted to have high attendance to help with the crowds, but I'm not sure if President's Day is a big enough holiday for them to do that. I've never gone over President's Day before, so I've not paid attention.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter