• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Years...any big plans?

We’re doing a big fat nothing! 😁

We’ll probably have some random appetizers for dinner, watch a few episodes of whatever show we are binge watching at the time. And that’s about all.

I hope everyone had a great night!

We went to Vegas last year and celebrated with 300,000 others on the strip. It was great!

This year, we’ll likely stay home and relax. We might head out to a brew pub early but will head home before too late.

Lot of time off, Thursday is my last day. New Year's Day I am getting ready to head back to work.

New Year's Eve, nothing planned. Haven't bothered with New Year's Eve since around 1995.

I’ll be home chaperoning. I told Dd16 that she can have a few friends over for apps and games. It’s not a night I want her out driving around - also if they’re at our house then I don’t have to worry about what they’re up to.

I may pop over to my next door neighbor’s for a glass of wine if the teenagers are relatively quiet.

‘My favorite NYE was the one when DD was small and everyone was asleep by 9 so I started cleaning. By the time they all woke up on New Year’s Day the tree was down and the house was back to normal.

Same as every day. Home. Alone. In bed well before midnight.

NYE is my second least favorite day of the year.

Last edited:

2 of the grandkids are coming over for a sleep over so Mom and Dad can have a night out. Nana and grandpa will need New Year's day to relax!

NYE 2019 is my parents' 50th (golden) anniversary. Mom, Dad, DB, SIL, niece, DD, DH and I will all be on the Disney Dream with Gold Mickey ears. Mom is really excited since she wanted us all together for the celebration...although I suspect DH and I will be in bed way before midnight (as usual!).

We have some friends over every year, sometimes all their adult kids come, sometimes its just the 4 of us. They live a block away so everyone comes over in their pjs around 7 or 8pm, we eat snacks, some have drinks, play games, we do the countdown and by 12:30, everyone is home in their own beds. LOL Its great... we love it!

We're getting together with friends at their place. For the last several years we've hosted a big, fancy dinner party and although I love doing it, going out will be a lot less work and I'm looking forward to it!

Last edited:
NYE 2019 is my parents' 50th (golden) anniversary. Mom, Dad, DB, SIL, niece, DD, DH and I will all be on the Disney Dream with Gold Mickey ears. Mom is really excited since she wanted us all together for the celebration...although I suspect DH and I will be in bed way before midnight (as usual!).
That sounds like fun! Enjoy your cruise.

We celebrate with our neighborhood friend group every year. We take turns- one house host the adults and another house host the kids. The kids are usually next door to the adults and they all come over to the adult house at midnight to cheer. We start at 6 pm and include dinner, drinks, and dessert at both houses. We always have older kids in charge of the younger ones and they look forward to it every year!

Nothing special planned as of now. I do know I have no desire to stay up until midnight. My kids are only 9 and 11, so they won't be up until midnight either. We will probably get take out and watch some Disney+.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter