New with Honeymoon Q's

MrsSmith2B

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone- I'm new here and have a couple questions. :) I'm getting married in mid-October and we're planning a WDW honeymoon. My first question is should we book through a travel agent or try to get a better deal ourselves? Secondly, what resorts do you recommend for honeymooners? Our budget would be for value or moderate only I can imagine. Also, has anyone stayed using the new meal plans and what did you think about those? Any other information or helpful advice would be appreciated! Thanks a bunch! :bride:

Hi... and Congratulations!!!! I don't know if you checked out the section of the boards that are geared towards wedding and honeymoons.. Alot of folks over there that you will have things in common with! Check it out if you haven't already.... that being said... I have always enjoyed making my own plans... but it may not be for everyone... all I can advise is to read these boards.. read them again.. and keep reading and asking questions... alot of times I get my answers without even asking the question because someone else has already asked it... You will get alot of great advise here... I would also suggest that you contact Dreamsunlimited.. the travel agency that sponsors this board.. they have gotten rave reviews here.. and I believe they are the best when it comes to all things Disney.... they know all about discounts and getting you the best price possible... and can tell you about different dining options that may be of special interest to you as honeymooners.... Give it a shot.. and Congrats on the wedding!!!

Kathy

MrsSmith2B said:
Hello everyone- I'm new here and have a couple questions. :) I'm getting married in mid-October and we're planning a WDW honeymoon. My first question is should we book through a travel agent or try to get a better deal ourselves? Secondly, what resorts do you recommend for honeymooners? Our budget would be for value or moderate only I can imagine. Also, has anyone stayed using the new meal plans and what did you think about those? Any other information or helpful advice would be appreciated! Thanks a bunch! :bride:

I too will be going on my honeymoon this coming October; I'm towards the end of the month.

So far the best deal that I have gotten is from AAA - although, I haven't checked into the Visa discount (the one associated with the Disney Visa) that is my next step.

You could also check out Mousesavers.com for any other discount code. Unfortunately discounts for our timeperiod won't come out until July or August - don't know if you would want to wait because that might put some of the availability at risk.

Another good place to check out is Small World Vacations - a lot of people swear by this service and it is affliated with Mousesavers.com, they do their best to continuely look for discounts for you.

Also, if you are going earlier in the month of October - I believe you will also be in value season by the time I am going it is regular season.

I hope all of this helps you - If you need anymore help please let me know.

One more thing - I don't know if you had planned on doing one of the honeymoon packages but Disney had gotten rid of them when they came up with the Magic your way packages.

Jodi

I too celebrated my honeymoon at WDW (Dixie Landings) and had a great time. We booked it through our AAA travel agent, but probably could have saved some money by doing it ourselves. I guess it depends on your objectives for your honeymoon. . . Do you want it to be hassle-free and completed for you, or do you like a little more control over the process? Whichever way you decide, don't get to hung up on too many details. Planning A WDW vacation can be a bit overwhelming if you are not careful. Keep in mind that you will not always get the best price and try to enjoy the total experience! Best of luck!

For a moderate resort, I would suggest POFQ. It was completely renovated last year, and as part of POR, you are close enough to use their restaurant and other facilities if you choose. You also would have the ferry to DTD, as well as bus transportation. I haven't stayed there--just think it looks romantic! :)

We had our honeymoon at Disney as well. We ended up booking everything seperatly. It ended up saving us some money. How ever you really need to look around for the best deal. Also remember, its your honeymoon and enjoy it. Check www.disneyweddings.com, they have lots of stuff for weddings and honeymoons.

One of the things we did was have a private photo session. We got the coolest pic's that we ended up giving to a lot of people, on the Dumbo ride with his little bum saying just married. It took several shots of the two of us turned around at the camera man before he got it. The Disney photographer was great, it cost some seroius $$ ( more than my wedding photographer, but he was free.. anyways.. ) It was worth it.

Also from the moment you check in at the Airport till you leave tell everyone that its your honeymoon, you will be suprised how much upgrades happen and how you get the best seats in the house etc. Totally awesome.

Hi!

I'm getting married at Disney this May. I would definitely suggest checking out the Wedding and Honeymoon board, it is one of my favorites. My fiance and I will be staying at the Wilderness Lodge for our honeymoon. Also I suggest the book "Walt Disney World for Couples" It gives you an idea of what kind of resort might be your favorite and some other romantic activities. You could buy it used from amazon.com or maybe find a copy at your library. Happy Planning! :bride:

Ashley

for the value - Pop Century - it has a lake - I think walks around a lake are romantic....

for the Moderate either of the PO [French quarter or Riverside (this was Dixie Landing)] - both are very nice - lots of places to walk at night - and the boat to DD is a bonus.

deluxe - much more themed - AKL - Animal Kingdom Lodge if you like animals, other wise the Polyn or Wilderness Lodge - but that is my taste - go look at pictures.

www.allearnets.com
and here
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/contact.htm#Resort
you click on the resort and it sends you their reviews.

I'm new to posting on the DISboards, but an avid reader of them since last year. My question is when my GF and I go to WDW this year, I would love to surprise her with a diamond ring and make her my fiance`. :love2: I can't remember where I have seen it before, but is there place I can look to have some CM's or characters help me make my surprise even more magical? We've been through some really tough times and this needs to be the MOST special day that she has ever experienced :love: I want to make sure that this trip to WDW stays with her forever and leaves her on cloud 9 :cloud9: (with me too of course). So if anyone can help or direct me to a more relavant thread or link I would be in debt to all the helpers! :wave2:

Livin4WDW said:
I'm new to posting on the DISboards, but an avid reader of them since last year. My question is when my GF and I go to WDW this year, I would love to surprise her with a diamond ring and make her my fiance`. :love2: I can't remember where I have seen it before, but is there place I can look to have some CM's or characters help me make my surprise even more magical? We've been through some really tough times and this needs to be the MOST special day that she has ever experienced :love: I want to make sure that this trip to WDW stays with her forever and leaves her on cloud 9 :cloud9: (with me too of course). So if anyone can help or direct me to a more relavant thread or link I would be in debt to all the helpers! :wave2:

www.giftsofalifetime.com Specializes in this! Oh my goodness, I am sooooo excited for her! It might be fun to also arrange for a site inspection of the wedding sites during your trip, it's NEVER too early to start planning.

:cool1: THANK YOU!!!!!!! :banana: You're right we will do some inspecting once the mouse is out the hat! Thanks for the quick reply. I'll try to let everyone know how it goes!!! :faint:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter