New UK tickets: 14 and 7 day Magic Tickets with extended usage windows and discounted genie+

Thing is, all the comparisons are being done during a relatively lighter attendance part of the year. We will be going in July, when crowds will be higher (and especially next year as I reckon the parks are going to be packed after the pent up demand). It will be interesting to see them do a comparison over thanksgiving for example.

I would definitely use it for MK and DHS, and almost certainly for AK as well. To make it worthwhile for me, I would want to save at least an hour in queues, and I reckon I would at those 3 parks in peak season. I'm not sure I would save an hour at EPCOT currently, but once Guardians opens, one of the 2 ILL attractions will become a Genie+ ride which might make it more attractive. We don't like getting up early for rope drop (I'm on holiday for god's sake!), so most of the strategies for avoiding queues go out of the window. I've done the number crunching based on buying it for 3 out of the 4 parks, and at current prices and my current intended schedule, I break even by advance purchasing. But I reckon by the time we go in July next year, the price will have risen - so I am in the process of getting it added to my booking just to hedge against prices going up. As I see it, I can only win by advance purchasing, and not lose. Plus I don't have to faff about early every day to purchase it.

It also helps a bit that I reduced the length of my stay on WDW property. I originally had 14 nights booked, but a number of those days were going to be spent off-site. Now I am only going for 12 nights (I'm doing extra nights at Universal instead now, 9 nights in total), so that reduces the cost of pre-purchasing Genie+ for me. It also shows that doing a split stay is even more attractive, as it reduces the cost of pre-purchasing Genie+. I think if I was booking now, I would do even less days at Disney, and more at Universal. Two of our 12 days at Disney are being spent at Discovery Cove and a day keeping the wife happy for our anniversary shopping. If I knew about Genie+ in advance, I would have arranged the dates differently - probably 10 nights at Disney and 11 nights at Universal.

yes, we're also going in july when it will certainly be packed (and hotter than the surface of the sun).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter