New UK tickets: 14 and 7 day Magic Tickets with extended usage windows and discounted genie+

disneyholic family

disney on my mind....
Disney has come out with new UK tickets:

In addition to offering genie+ at a discounted rate, the big news for me is that they've increased the usage window.

So for example, if your first day of your 14 day ticket is July 1st, your last day of your usage window is July 18th.
So you can use your ticket for any 14 days within that 18 day window.
Wow. Big improvement.
Of course, i'd rather they brought back the 21 day ticket, but at least this will help.

Also, memory maker is still included as are the water parks. Also important to know!!

https://www.disneyholidays.co.uk/wa...ontent=Tra_parks_grido_Tickets&utm_term=Image

Last edited:
Interesting. I really thought that now park reservations have settled down a bit, and annual passes are back on-sale, that we'd see the return of the 21 day ticket. Obviously there must be a clear business decision behind it.

Given their strategy now is to fill the park up with the highest revenue guests (those who spend the extra $ while on site), I wonder if its something like they have data to suggest the 21-Day trippers spend less per day. By forcing them to buy a 14-day instead, they're likely to cram similar spending in to less time, thus taking up less park capacity and keeping revenue similar. Can't really think why else.

If it wasn't for the fact I could buy an AP through DVC, I would be really stuck. Although we don't go in to the parks every day, we wouldn't like staying onsite knowing we can't go in to the parks - just a psychological thing!

Interesting. I really thought that now park reservations have settled down a bit, and annual passes are back on-sale, that we'd see the return of the 21 day ticket. Obviously there must be a clear business decision behind it.

Given their strategy now is to fill the park up with the highest revenue guests (those who spend the extra $ while on site), I wonder if its something like they have data to suggest the 21-Day trippers spend less per day. By forcing them to buy a 14-day instead, they're likely to cram similar spending in to less time, thus taking up less park capacity and keeping revenue similar. Can't really think why else.

If it wasn't for the fact I could buy an AP through DVC, I would be really stuck. Although we don't go in to the parks every day, we wouldn't like staying onsite knowing we can't go in to the parks - just a psychological thing!

we're also DVC so can buy the sorcerer's ticket. But that ticket doesn't include photopass or the water parks.
If you want those, you have to add $200, really increasing the differential to the UK ticket.
We'll buy the UK 14 day ticket and the rest of our money will be spent off property.
Our disney spending will go way down.
When we're in the parks, we typically eat 2 meals (lunch and dinner).
So they'll lose lunch and dinner plus snacks etc

Last edited:
we're also DVC so can buy the sorcerer's ticket. But that ticket doesn't include photopass or the water parks.
If you want those, you have to add $200, really increasing the differential to the UK ticket.
We'll buy the UK 14 day ticket and the rest of our money will be spent off property.
Our disney spending will go way down.
When we're in the parks, we typically eat 2 meals (lunch and dinner).
So they'll lose lunch and dinner plus snacks etc

Very true. Though, we do get "2 years" use out of one AP, as we just holiday a few weeks earlier the following year so that brings doesn't the yearly cost on tickets. We don't do Blizzard Beach as the theme doesn't appeal to us, and while we do like typhoon, we really like Volcano Bay, so we do this instead. I must say, although I've not used photo pass photographers since I guess 2018, I found many of their photos really awful - the quality was nowhere near a modern smart phone, and often times the exposure was all wrong. I have seen some decent ones, but all our photographers were really bad. So I don't miss the extras very much. We did actually move to APs a couple of years ago, away from the 21-day tickets, as it worked out quite a bit cheaper if you could squeeze "two years" of 21-day trips out of one pass. I panicked a bit when they withdrew 21-day tickets and stopped selling APs!!

Thats good if wanting to use it for length of stay, being about $10 a day on todays exchange rate. However think would have to consider the crossover in cost savings if planning on doing other things/dont feel a need for it.
Thanks for sharing will have to see if works out and can add it on to already brought tickets. (not looked into adding it at all yet as was planning on day by day rather than length of stay).

Will these replace the current 14 day ultimate tickets if you’ve already booked those as part of a package?
I booked a 14 day last week (same price as a 7 day as part of a resort booking) partly to see what happens. It'll probably take a while (couple of weeks maybe) but I'd expect an email at some point either saying what's happening or giving options. I'm hoping for a free 'upgrade', but of course that might still have cost me more than the new tickets with G+.

I booked a 14 day last week (same price as a 7 day as part of a resort booking) partly to see what happens. It'll probably take a while (couple of weeks maybe) but I'd expect an email at some point either saying what's happening or giving options. I'm hoping for a free 'upgrade', but of course that might still have cost me more than the new tickets with G+.

Feeling like we will need a “degree in Disney“ to plan a future trip at this rate! So many things have changed post Covid-19 but sure it will help pass the winter nights if nothing else 😱🤣

From the look of it, buying a 7 day ticket doesn’t give you any discount on Genie+ It does on 14 day tickets but that’s probably only worth doing if you plan to do parks everyday (hell for me) otherwise your paying for those days you want to stay at the resort or do the water parks.

I do like the extended days they give to use but isn’t worth the £147 Extra i paid for my tickets last week direct

I have also bought the Ultimates as part of a package for next year. I would love the extended usage time frame of 18 days, but I have a feeling it might be a choice of keep Ultimates plus dining credit or change to Magic plus discounted Genie +. Will need to do the Maths I guess! Unless they don’t allow a change of tickets of course.

The extended window is brilliant news for those going longer than 2 weeks, but I'm not convinced paying for genie + for 14 days is worth having even at a discounted rate.

From watching different vlogs of people using Genie +, it seems like it is very useful for Magic Kingdom to get around all the rides and partly useful for Hollywood Studios. I doesn't seem very useful for Animal Kingdom or Epcot due to there not being many rides that you can actually Genie +. Obviously if queuing is completely a no go then you might find paying an extra £97.86 per ticket on top of the 14 day ticket worth it

Will these replace the current 14 day ultimate tickets if you’ve already booked those as part of a package?

they're no longer selling the 14 day ultimate, but if you already have a 14 day ultimate, i believe that's what you'll use when you go..
and from what i understand, you can add the discounted genie+ onto your 14 day ultimate ticket..
you can call disney to be sure...

The extended window is brilliant news for those going longer than 2 weeks, but I'm not convinced paying for genie + for 14 days is worth having even at a discounted rate.

From watching different vlogs of people using Genie +, it seems like it is very useful for Magic Kingdom to get around all the rides and partly useful for Hollywood Studios. I doesn't seem very useful for Animal Kingdom or Epcot due to there not being many rides that you can actually Genie +. Obviously if queuing is completely a no go then you might find paying an extra £97.86 per ticket on top of the 14 day ticket worth it

i agree. I'm not convinced we need genie+ for 14 days. And even discounted, with 9 of us, it's still a lot of money to add on.

i agree. I'm not convinced we need genie+ for 14 days. And even discounted, with 9 of us, it's still a lot of money to add on.
Yes, it rather depends how much of a ride freak you are (you know who you are :) ). Being there for a couple of weeks means time isn't really an issue, and I quite enjoy most of the queue lines and people watching, so I probably won't be that bothered if I don't have G+.
Of course having kids in tow makes that a less appealing idea for many ... :scared:

OTOH being able to buy a place on the really hard to get on rides, like RotR might be nice.

ive bought some 14 days ultimate tix, does anyone know if the genie+ will be discounted or regular price if I wish to add it?

ive bought some 14 days ultimate tix, does anyone know if the genie+ will be discounted or regular price if I wish to add it?

i don't know. People on facebook reported that they had called disney and were told that they could add genie+ to the 14 day ultimate. But i don't know if at the discounted price. I assume so.

Just scratching around and from what I can tell the only difference between a 14 day Ultimate and 14 day Magic (both without G+) is the 18 day window and £40 extra for the Magic.
If that's right then the only reason to upgrade an existing Ultimate is if you want the longer window.

For the G+ add-on at £7/day ... it seems marginal. As it may not be much use for AK and Epcot, then if you are doing equal days in each park paying just for MK and HS on the days you go wouldn't be much different price-wise.
OTOH if you park-hop then it gets messy, so it would be easier just to have the whole 14 days.
So it probably comes down to is it worth £100 per person?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter