NEW Top of the World Lounge without Villans Reservation

We did have reservations for the "Wicked Wind Down" earlier this month. We checked in at the podium outside 30 minutes prior to the event and were told that all the tables were taken by people that had entered earlier in the evening. Long story short - 8:30 came and went and no text to be seated. We checked with the host twice to be told both times that our table was being cleared. We were seated at 8:56 - 4 minutes prior to the start of fireworks. At that point it was too late to order any drinks or food prior to the start of the fireworks.

I asked why we were seated so late when we had a paid ticket for an event that began at 8:30 and the response was "sorry the people who were here before you did not leave, but you can order your drinks and appetizers after the fireworks are over or we can make your order to go". We had our 9 year old with us and had planned on leaving after the fireworks. So not sure what is going on up there, but that sure was disappointing.
Please send an email to dvcmembersatisfactionteam@disneyvacationclub.com telling them exactly this.

IMHO, If they're going to let other people occupy tables reserved for Wicked Wind Down, the CMs need to be trained and prepared to tell (and enforce) those people to leave the table in time for it to be cleared and those with reservations to be seated. If the event starts at 8:30, they need to get those folks away from that table by 8:00 or at latest 8:15. Or else not let anyone sit there at all, earlier in the evening.

We did have reservations for the "Wicked Wind Down" earlier this month. We checked in at the podium outside 30 minutes prior to the event and were told that all the tables were taken by people that had entered earlier in the evening. Long story short - 8:30 came and went and no text to be seated. We checked with the host twice to be told both times that our table was being cleared. We were seated at 8:56 - 4 minutes prior to the start of fireworks. At that point it was too late to order any drinks or food prior to the start of the fireworks.

I asked why we were seated so late when we had a paid ticket for an event that began at 8:30 and the response was "sorry the people who were here before you did not leave, but you can order your drinks and appetizers after the fireworks are over or we can make your order to go". We had our 9 year old with us and had planned on leaving after the fireworks. So not sure what is going on up there, but that sure was disappointing.
We did the Wicked Wind Down back in Feb 2023, and I must say it was not exactly what we expected. We had to queue-up at the downstairs elevator bank, along with a large group of anxious others, waiting to be allowed up. We finally went up at about 8:30, and then we had to wait 5 more minutes while they ushered a small group away from "our" table. I was glad that the CM enforced the rule, to accommodate our reservation, but it felt awkward, crowded, and tense throughout the lounge. We all enjoyed the food & drinks offered via the WWD ticket, and a separated viewing area was made available to us. The DW viewed the Fireworks from the window inside the lounge, as it was brisk/windy on the balcony. I thought the value was definitely there for the $55, but the experience wasn't as smooth and comfortable as we had hoped. YMMV

We did the Wicked Wind Down back in Feb 2023, and I must say it was not exactly what we expected. We had to queue-up at the downstairs elevator bank, along with a large group of anxious others, waiting to be allowed up. We finally went up at about 8:30, and then we had to wait 5 more minutes while they ushered a small group away from "our" table. I was glad that the CM enforced the rule, to accommodate our reservation, but it felt awkward, crowded, and tense throughout the lounge. We all enjoyed the food & drinks offered via the WWD ticket, and a separated viewing area was made available to us. The DW viewed the Fireworks from the window inside the lounge, as it was brisk/windy on the balcony. I thought the value was definitely there for the $55, but the experience wasn't as smooth and comfortable as we had hoped. YMMV
that sounds much better than our experience! glad you didn't have to wait too long!

Please send an email to dvcmembersatisfactionteam@disneyvacationclub.com telling them exactly this.

IMHO, If they're going to let other people occupy tables reserved for Wicked Wind Down, the CMs need to be trained and prepared to tell (and enforce) those people to leave the table in time for it to be cleared and those with reservations to be seated. If the event starts at 8:30, they need to get those folks away from that table by 8:00 or at latest 8:15. Or else not let anyone sit there at all, earlier in the evening.
yes that's exactly what I thought as well. I will reach out though, thank you for that information!

Perfectly good common sense.
I understand why CM are trained to try and avoid confrontations with guests, but sometimes this goes too far.

Perfectly good common sense.
I understand why CM are trained to try and avoid confrontations with guests, but sometimes this goes too far.
Disney needs to manage expectations better.

This should be explained clearly to people who are there early and not for Wicked Wind Down - tables will be cleared at a specific time (8:00pm? 8:15pm?) for a private party. Also - if they don't already do this, there should be tent cards on each table to remind people who aren't there for WWD that their time at the table is limited.

Disney needs to manage expectations better.

This should be explained clearly to people who are there early and not for Wicked Wind Down - tables will be cleared at a specific time (8:00pm? 8:15pm?) for a private party. Also - if they don't already do this, there should be tent cards on each table to remind people who aren't there for WWD that their time at the table is limited.
Exactly. That's why it's important for people who have issues such as described above to email DVC member satisfaction or otherwise notify DVC of their experiences, so that corrections can be made.

Does the wicked wind down schedule during Mickey’s Not so scary fireworks or only on non party days.

Does the wicked wind down schedule during Mickey’s Not so scary fireworks or only on non party days.
Yes, it does but it's later to coincide with the fireworks. I booked this yesterday for our Dec trip and it's a party night. I was told to arrive at 9:30. That's also what shows on MDE.

Hi everyone,

Just wondered if anyone has any recent experience of access to Top of the World Lounge. We tried to book wicked wind down but was informed it was all booked up.

Our travel party (4) includes one pregnant person and an elderly person. We would like cocktails and appetisers and access to the viewing deck for the fireworks - we don’t mind waiting - but I am unsure how busy it gets - or would you recommend eating elsewhere and then just trying our luck for a drink and the fireworks if we get access?

Our plan is a Thursday evening in the next couple of weeks. What time would we need to get to the podium at Bay Lake to see if we can get access?

Hi everyone,

Just wondered if anyone has any recent experience of access to Top of the World Lounge. We tried to book wicked wind down but was informed it was all booked up.

Our travel party (4) includes one pregnant person and an elderly person. We would like cocktails and appetisers and access to the viewing deck for the fireworks - we don’t mind waiting - but I am unsure how busy it gets - or would you recommend eating elsewhere and then just trying our luck for a drink and the fireworks if we get access?

Our plan is a Thursday evening in the next couple of weeks. What time would we need to get to the podium at Bay Lake to see if we can get access?
If Wicked Wind Down is fully booked, the best they will do is allow you up to the lounge several hours before fireworks and then ask you to leave about an hour before the fireworks begin. Via WWD, all of the lounge tables have already been reserved for the period immediately before and after fireworks. At that point, your only option would be to move to the outdoor viewing deck which has very, very limited seating.

IMO, I would make plans to spend your evening somewhere else, and head up to the deck just a few minutes before fireworks for the show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter