NEW Top of the World Lounge without Villans Reservation

CSpork

Earning My Ears
We stayed at our home resort BLT 3 weeks ago and had an opportunity to go up to my families most favorite lounge in WDW. We were totally aware of the changes that had occurred to make it the Villans themed lounge and was also aware that to be there you had to purchase a hard ticket for the event. I am also very aware of how it "Used" to be as we have owned at BLT since 2009 and spent many nice evenings there. I have to say if you don't buy a ticket, you are totally treated like a second-class citizen. We were asked to line up along the wall next to the manager's podium on the outside of the lounge. From there, we were admitted in one small group at a time (we were a party of three and the group in front of us was a party of 2) and asked to order at the end of the bar, we were not allowed to stand at the bar or sit. Once served our drinks we were asked to immediately proceed out to the observation deck area. It just seemed like this was only offered because they had to and as little effort was put into it as necessary. Has anyone else been there and been treated like this? Was this a one-off occurrence?? Right now, feeling Very disappointed in what it has become (No longer our most favorite lounge in WDW).

Sounds like you went up during the fireworks, which what you describe is what I’ve always experienced (pre-COVID too). When I last went a couple months ago you can put your name down for a walk-up table that includes the service you were expecting. Post-COVID they seemed to reduce capacity inside but it wasn’t strictly those that paid ahead. I put my name in got a seat in about 15-20 mins and was able to sit inside at a table.

I much prefer this method than the prior where you kind of had to stalk around for a table or spot at the bar.

Interesting, that was not offered when we went (Yes it was for fireworks). I wish it had been, I would have been happier!

The problem with the lounge is that its appeal is largely centered around a single nightly event: Magic Kingdom fireworks. It's not like Trader Sam's where people naturally come and go all night long. Every seat at TOTWL may fill only once the entire night, some with people who have no qualms about nursing a drink for 3 hours while holding that seat. Even if you aren't worried about the lounge's profitability, it's pretty rough on the waitstaff who rely on tips.

$55 for a cocktail, appetizer and dessert--and a guaranteed lounge seat--isn't an outrageous fee in Disney terms. Someday maybe my wife and I will make a night of it. In lieu of that, we're content to show up 10 minutes before fireworks and grab a spot along the wall outdoors.

I wonder if some of this could be relieved by having a proper DVC lounge in the magic kingdom or just outside of the magic kingdom at the gates.
I like the idea of a DVC lounge, but personally I wouldn't want to have to go to a park to relax with a cocktail in a DVC lounge. What I would love to see in MK is a DVC members' lounge like the one at EPCOT and now Disneyland.

We stayed at our home resort BLT 3 weeks ago and had an opportunity to go up to my families most favorite lounge in WDW. We were totally aware of the changes that had occurred to make it the Villans themed lounge and was also aware that to be there you had to purchase a hard ticket for the event. I am also very aware of how it "Used" to be as we have owned at BLT since 2009 and spent many nice evenings there. I have to say if you don't buy a ticket, you are totally treated like a second-class citizen. We were asked to line up along the wall next to the manager's podium on the outside of the lounge. From there, we were admitted in one small group at a time (we were a party of three and the group in front of us was a party of 2) and asked to order at the end of the bar, we were not allowed to stand at the bar or sit. Once served our drinks we were asked to immediately proceed out to the observation deck area. It just seemed like this was only offered because they had to and as little effort was put into it as necessary. Has anyone else been there and been treated like this? Was this a one-off occurrence?? Right now, feeling Very disappointed in what it has become (No longer our most favorite lounge in WDW).
Did you go on a Friday night by chance? From what I have read lately, that is the special ticketed night

What time does the lounge open? I remember going up there early evening and having appetizers and a few drinks and just enjoying the view. We did not stay for fireworks. Can we still do this?

Laura

Did you go on a Friday night by chance? From what I have read lately, that is the special ticketed night
Our first stay at BLT was in March. We went to the lounge during the week and was told that Friday night was a ticketed event.

What time does the lounge open? I remember going up there early evening and having appetizers and a few drinks and just enjoying the view. We did not stay for fireworks. Can we still do this?

Laura
It opens at 6pm. A reserved seat with the food & cocktail goes for $55 per person or $89 on the night with the more expansive dessert party. Those with reservations can begin arriving about 30-60 minutes before fireworks.

The current policy appears to be to allow others to enjoy the lounge in the 2-3 hour period before fireworks. But they make it clear you have to depart before folks with reservations begin to arrive.

The outdoor deck is typically available for fireworks viewing on a daily basis with no reservations or fee. Weather-permitting.

My experience was very similar when they had a ticketed event going on. They won’t let you up until 30 minutes prior to fireworks. We requested a table after fireworks, they texted us 3 times in about 2 minutes after the fireworks ended and then when we went to the door they were rude that it took us 3 minutes after the fireworks needed to get there. The server didn’t treat us any better. We were not impressed, probably never go back. Used to love the old lounge.

Wife and I are staying at BLT in December for my birthday and we would like to visit the Villans. How do you make a reservation for this. Can it be done online or you have to wait till you arrive?

I’ve only been up to the lounge once & that was just for a quick look around because I was curious. If I bought tickets for the fireworks event would we actually be able to see them seated at our table, or would people standing on the outside deck block our view?

Wife and I are staying at BLT in December for my birthday and we would like to visit the Villans. How do you make a reservation for this. Can it be done online or you have to wait till you arrive?

If you are eligible to visit…DVC Y..and want to pruchase one of the special events you call MS.

If you just want a chance to go up and have a drink, thst is FCFS and based on availability. Thst you do when you arrive.

About 20 minutes before fireworks, they let people up to the observation deck to view and usually can get a drink at the bar after that!

I’ve only been up to the lounge once & that was just for a quick look around because I was curious. If I bought tickets for the fireworks event would we actually be able to see them seated at our table, or would people standing on the outside deck block our view?

You really need to go out to the deck to see them. Some of the tables near the window might be okay but we always have gone out to watch.

Judging by the last few times I have been there, you won't want to watch the fireworks from a table. First, you may not be given a table right on the front windows. And even if you are, you'll be staring at the backsides of 50+ people who are standing right outside the windows.

Reserving a seat inside the lounge is more of an event thing. For $55 per person, each member of your party gets their choice of appetizer, cocktail and large dessert. The group can share the food and virtually make a meal out of it. They have a portion of the outdoor deck blocked off for people with lounge reservations, so you'll want to make your way outside for those 20 minutes.

Or you can arrive a few minutes before fireworks and simply watch from the outdoor deck at no cost. It's basically standing room only, first come, first served. I've had occasions where I arrived after the start of fireworks and still grabbed a spot right along the wall. Other times we got there 15 minutes early and kinda had to squeeze in. There are a few pieces of outdoor furniture but again, not a great view. And they're unusable if drenched during the daily rainstorm.

I thought reservations had to be made in advance by calling Member Services . Complete details for the different events are on the member site.67211637-38DC-43E0-AF02-FE4177E132CE.png

We did have reservations for the "Wicked Wind Down" earlier this month. We checked in at the podium outside 30 minutes prior to the event and were told that all the tables were taken by people that had entered earlier in the evening. Long story short - 8:30 came and went and no text to be seated. We checked with the host twice to be told both times that our table was being cleared. We were seated at 8:56 - 4 minutes prior to the start of fireworks. At that point it was too late to order any drinks or food prior to the start of the fireworks.

I asked why we were seated so late when we had a paid ticket for an event that began at 8:30 and the response was "sorry the people who were here before you did not leave, but you can order your drinks and appetizers after the fireworks are over or we can make your order to go". We had our 9 year old with us and had planned on leaving after the fireworks. So not sure what is going on up there, but that sure was disappointing.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter