New snacks on Dining Plan

No, sounds like the same brochure. Except that is says:
"Some examples of eligible Snack options include:"
I must have a later version of the brochure, because it very clearly states: "Your snack includes your choice of one (1) of the following:"

So all of the different choices in the BC Marketplace aren't listed.
Individual locations may offer things beyond what the plan requires.

So what you find specific I see as examples. :sunny: As the brochure states. :teeth:
Perhaps too many people were thinking of them as examples instead of a comprehensive list of what is required to be included, so they added those words in bold, above.

Disney would want to revise the brochure if they thought the changes would help sell more packages.
Yes, definitely. Without a doubt.

We're going in Sept. and have not recieved the brochure. Where can I obtain one.
You should get one when you check-in at your hotel.

Lewisc said:
The brochure I have, D/L from the link at mousesavers, says

Most of us won't complain if Disney adds extra snacks or if a CM decides to spread some pixie dust but the brochure I have is pretty clear. There many versions of the brochure posted on the web, I think the one I have is the most recent but I'm not disputing the brochure you have says what you've posted.B]

Lewisc, my brochure is not from the web. It is the one I received at checkin on 4/30/06. Of course, I have no clue when it was printed.

This was not a case of pixie dust although I agree CMs do spread that. At the Marketplace, it was a discussion between two CMs and a guest about the changes in effect as of yesterday. (The one CM said it changed Sunday but I think she meant between Sunday the 30th and Monday the first). I asked for clarification because I only heard part of the discussion as I purchased a DVC mug.

We were at MGM today. Again I saw frozen cokes, etc. with the icon. At Dockside Diner, with the exception of beer everything is eligible to be purchased as a snack. At the little bookstore...Writer's Stop or whatever....all the pastries in the case are on the plan now too as snacks according to the CMs. None are marked with an icon at least as of yet but they do use that blackboard so it wouldn't be as easy I suppose.

So there are changes....believe it or not! :sunny:

I must have a later version of the brochure, because it very clearly states: "Your snack includes your choice of one (1) of the following:"

I suspect not. ;)

okduke said:
Again, Disney has come up with a way to give a little bit more than I expect. It is that ethic that makes WDW such a special place!

Well said. I quite agree. :thumbsup2

Thank you for letting us know. I leave Friday so I'm really glad I found out before I left!

Disney has come up with a way to give a little bit more than I expect.
I'm sure that's their aim. That's why the brochure only shows what it shows... so the other options, when offered, will be wonderful suprises, that guests can be suitably appreciative of.

My friend and her DH just got back from their anniversary trip to WDW a couple of weeks ago. She was so excited because you could get a Dole Whip as a snack on the dining plan. :cool1: Hope this helps.

I have no idea if the brochure you have is earlier or later than the pdf brochure that's on the web. The Disney website has the same wording as the pdf brochure.

The wording you have is different. Sounds like Disney decided to offically add some of the items that were being unofficially covered over the past year.

BCV23 said:
Lewisc, my brochure is not from the web. It is the one I received at checkin on 4/30/06. Of course, I have no clue when it was printed.

This was not a case of pixie dust although I agree CMs do spread that. At the Marketplace, it was a discussion between two CMs and a guest about the changes in effect as of yesterday. (The one CM said it changed Sunday but I think she meant between Sunday the 30th and Monday the first). I asked for clarification because I only heard part of the discussion as I purchased a DVC mug.

We were at MGM today. Again I saw frozen cokes, etc. with the icon. At Dockside Diner, with the exception of beer everything is eligible to be purchased as a snack. At the little bookstore...Writer's Stop or whatever....all the pastries in the case are on the plan now too as snacks according to the CMs. None are marked with an icon at least as of yet but they do use that blackboard so it wouldn't be as easy I suppose.

So there are changes....believe it or not! :sunny:

Oh WOW! This was a fun thread to find today when I popped in.

It had me cracking up on our last day at MK literally 30 mintues before we were hoppping in the car for a 10 hour drive. I told the kids they could all pick their last snack...

My 5 year old groaned, held his stomach and meekly asked, "Could I just have a water?!" The boy was Mickey Bar-ed out, which I didn't think was possible! Choices will be good for him.

Thanks for the info!

Angela Kay said:
My friend and her DH just got back from their anniversary trip to WDW a couple of weeks ago. She was so excited because you could get a Dole Whip as a snack on the dining plan. :cool1: Hope this helps.
:cheer2: Yeah, the day we have been waiting for has arrived! :cheer2:
Here I come Dole Whips! :banana:

Now I am hoping for egg rolls from the egg roll cart next!

I wonder if part of this is because the ice cream and popcorn carts were so overwhelmed by demand? When we went at the end of January we didn't have to wait for rides at all but we did have to wait for snacks (especially ice cream). With people using their cards for everything and it taking the machine awhile to process it got to be a long wait even in the off season.

Yvonne

YUMMMMMMMY Yay! I LOVE my Mickey IC bars but this great news for a nice afternoons snack, or even something quick in the morning (if they have other items) ...Can't wait to see what else there is (I only read the first post so far)

Can't speak for Dole Whips. But, everything in the pastry case at Roaring Fork was a snack (huge muffins, donuts, even small PBJ sandwiches) -- there was a huge DDP snack logo over the whole case. Also I believe all the sides and desserts at Pinnochio's Village Haus had the logo by them, although I had some confusion when I tried to order Figaro Fries, as part of a CS, she said they were an entree. I didn't even think to try to order them as a snack! I wish I had taken a picture. We were there for too short a time to notice. I am sure we'll be back in the parks next week.

MissMichelle said:
YUMMMMMMMY Yay! I LOVE my Mickey IC bars but this great news for a nice afternoons snack, or even something quick in the morning (if they have other items) ...Can't wait to see what else there is (I only read the first post so far)

My oldest DD is really looking forward to the fact that she can have a mickey bar every day (she did last trip and we didn't have the plan since DVC couldn't then.)

But my youngest is allergic to milk and eggs. So the strawberry bar was it for her and so messy. So glad to hear other options. I can't wait to see them myself in 4 days! :cheer2:

This is wonderful news! We left in October with several snack credits unused, even after buying a bunch of Mickey Krispies for the ride home.

This will allow people an option to use the snack for a breakfast item or in place of a CS meal. Might even encourage people to save an extra TS credit to use at a signature restaurant.

The day I grazed my way through Epcot at the F&W Festival, they allowed me to use my snack credits for the food samples. It was fabulous!

:thumbsup2

WOW!!!! What I wouldn't have given for these things to be included in December! We had so many snack credits left that we stocked up on Rice Krispie Treats and bottled water. Not that those were bad..... but it took ages to eat them all after we got back!

I can't wait to go back (some day :rolleyes: )! :banana:

This is SERIOUSLY AWESOME NEWS! (Can anyone tell I love snacks??!!) That was the only "downside" to the DDP for us-limited snack options. Now I'm more pysched than ever to try the DDP on our November trip!

Angela Kay said:

That is awesome!!!!! You have just made my day :cool1:

So which one of us Disers is arriving 1st who can give us the scoop? I'm not going until 5/27-6/3.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter